BitTorrent is a computer program. This page holds details on how to uninstall it from your PC. It was created for Windows by A guide to uninstall BitTorrent from your computerBitTorrent Inc.
. Take a look here
for more information on BitTorrent Inc.. More information about the program BitTorrent can be found at http://www.bittorrent.com
. Usually the BitTorrent program is installed in the C:\Program Files\BitTorrent directory, depending on the user's option during setup. The full command line for uninstalling BitTorrent is C:\Program Files\BitTorrent\BitTorrent.exe. Note that if you will type this command in Start / Run Note you might be prompted for administrator rights. BitTorrent.exe is the programs's main file and it takes approximately 5.68 MB (5960560 bytes) on disk.
The executable files below are installed together with BitTorrent. They occupy about 5.68 MB (5960560
bytes) on disk.
This data is about BitTorrent version 7.5.0
alone. Click on the links below for other BitTorrent versions:
...click to view all...
Following the uninstall process, the application leaves some files behind on the PC. Some of these are listed below.Folders remaining:
The files below remain on your disk by BitTorrent's application uninstaller when you removed it:
- C:\Program Files (x86)\BitTorrent
You will find in the Windows Registry that the following data will not be uninstalled; remove them one by one using regedit.exe:
- C:\Program Files (x86)\BitTorrent\BitTorrent.exe
- C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\BitTorrent.lnk
Additional registry values that are not cleaned:
- HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\MIME\Database\Content Type\application/x-bittorrent
BitTorrent is an application released by BitTorrent Inc.. Some people choose to remove it. This is hard because uninstalling this manually requires some knowledge related to removing Windows programs manually. One of the best QUICK solution to remove BitTorrent is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Here are some detailed instructions about how to do this: How to remove BitTorrent from your PC using Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO on your PC, add it. This is a good step because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is the best uninstaller and all around tool to maximize the performance of your PC.DOWNLOAD NOW
- go to http://www.advanceduninstaller.com/download/
- download the program by pressing the green DOWNLOAD button
- set up Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Start Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take some time to admire Advanced Uninstaller PRO's interface and number of features available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very useful package of utilities.
3. Press the General Tools button
4. Press the Uninstall Programs button
5. All the programs installed on your PC will be shown to you
6. Scroll the list of programs until you locate BitTorrent or simply activate the Search feature and type in "BitTorrent". The BitTorrent application will be found very quickly. Notice that when you select BitTorrent in the list of apps, some information about the application is made available to you:
- Star rating (in the left lower corner). The star rating tells you the opinion other users have about BitTorrent, ranging from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Reviews by other users - Press the Read reviews button.
- Details about the app you want to uninstall, by pressing the Properties button.
For example you can see that for BitTorrent:
- The web site of the application is: http://www.bittorrent.com
- The uninstall string is: C:\Program Files\BitTorrent\BitTorrent.exe
7. Press the Uninstall button. A confirmation page will show up. accept the removal by pressing the Uninstall button. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will then uninstall BitTorrent.
8. After removing BitTorrent, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will ask you to run a cleanup. Press Next to go ahead with the cleanup. All the items of BitTorrent which have been left behind will be detected and you will be able to delete them. By removing BitTorrent with Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you are assured that no registry items, files or folders are left behind on your PC.
Your system will remain clean, speedy and able to take on new tasks.DOWNLOAD NOW
Geographical user distribution
The text above is not a recommendation to uninstall BitTorrent by BitTorrent Inc. from your PC, nor are we saying that BitTorrent by BitTorrent Inc. is not a good application for your computer. This page simply contains detailed info on how to uninstall BitTorrent in case you want to. Here you can find registry and disk entries that our application Advanced Uninstaller PRO stumbled upon and classified as "leftovers" on other users' computers.
Last update on: 2016-06-24 13:51:00.043