BitTorrent is a Windows application. Read below about how to remove it from your computer. It is written by How to uninstall BitTorrent from your computerBitTorrent Inc.
. More information on BitTorrent Inc. can be found here
. You can read more about about BitTorrent at http://www.bittorrent.com
. The program is usually located in the C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\BitTorrent directory. Keep in mind that this location can differ depending on the user's preference. The full command line for removing BitTorrent is C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\BitTorrent\BitTorrent.exe. Keep in mind that if you will type this command in Start / Run Note you might receive a notification for administrator rights. 7.8.2_30489.exe is the BitTorrent's primary executable file and it occupies circa 1.24 MB (1303136 bytes) on disk.
BitTorrent installs the following the executables on your PC, taking about 4.37 MB (4578504
bytes) on disk.
- 7.8.2_30489.exe (1.24 MB)
- 7.9.7_42331.exe (1.88 MB)
The current web page applies to BitTorrent version 22.214.171.124489
only. You can find below a few links to other BitTorrent versions:
...click to view all...
When you're planning to uninstall BitTorrent you should check if the following data is left behind on your PC.Folders that were left behind:
Check for and delete the following files from your disk when you uninstall BitTorrent:
Generally the following registry keys will not be cleaned:
Additional values that you should remove:
- HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\MIME\Database\Content Type\application/x-bittorrent
- HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\MuiCache\C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\BitTorrent\BitTorrent.exe.ApplicationCompany
- HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\MuiCache\C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\BitTorrent\BitTorrent.exe.FriendlyAppName
BitTorrent is an application released by the software company BitTorrent Inc.. Frequently, users try to remove it. Sometimes this is difficult because doing this by hand requires some skill regarding removing Windows programs manually. The best SIMPLE manner to remove BitTorrent is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Here are some detailed instructions about how to do this: How to uninstall BitTorrent from your PC using Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO already installed on your system, add it. This is good because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very useful uninstaller and general utility to clean your system.DOWNLOAD NOW
- navigate to http://www.advanceduninstaller.com/download/
- download the setup by pressing the green DOWNLOAD button
- install Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Start Advanced Uninstaller PRO. It's recommended to take your time to admire the program's interface and wealth of features available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very good Windows optimizer.
3. Click on the General Tools button
4. Click on the Uninstall Programs button
5. A list of the programs installed on the PC will appear
6. Scroll the list of programs until you locate BitTorrent or simply click the Search field and type in "BitTorrent". The BitTorrent application will be found very quickly. Notice that when you click BitTorrent in the list of applications, the following data about the application is shown to you:
- Star rating (in the left lower corner). This explains the opinion other users have about BitTorrent, from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Reviews by other users - Click on the Read reviews button.
- Details about the application you want to uninstall, by pressing the Properties button.
For example you can see that for BitTorrent:
- The web site of the program is: http://www.bittorrent.com
- The uninstall string is: C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\BitTorrent\BitTorrent.exe
7. Press the Uninstall button. A confirmation window will come up. accept the removal by pressing the Uninstall button. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will automatically remove BitTorrent.
8. After uninstalling BitTorrent, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will ask you to run an additional cleanup. Press Next to proceed with the cleanup. All the items of BitTorrent which have been left behind will be found and you will be able to delete them. By uninstalling BitTorrent using Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you are assured that no Windows registry items, files or directories are left behind on your disk.
Your Windows computer will remain clean, speedy and ready to run without errors or problems.DOWNLOAD NOW
Geographical user distribution
This page is not a piece of advice to uninstall BitTorrent by BitTorrent Inc. from your PC, nor are we saying that BitTorrent by BitTorrent Inc. is not a good software application. This text simply contains detailed instructions on how to uninstall BitTorrent supposing you decide this is what you want to do. Here you can find registry and disk entries that Advanced Uninstaller PRO discovered and classified as "leftovers" on other users' computers.
Last update on: 2016-07-03 10:29:52.370