A guide to uninstall Ubuntu One from your system
Ubuntu One is a software application. This page contains details on how to uninstall it from your computer. It is written by Canonical
. More information about Canonical can be read here
. Ubuntu One is normally installed in the C:\Program Files (x86)/ubuntuone directory, however this location can differ a lot depending on the user's decision while installing the program. You can remove Ubuntu One by clicking on the Start menu of Windows and pasting the command line C:\Program Files (x86)\ubuntuone\uninstall.exe. Keep in mind that you might get a notification for admin rights. The application's main executable file is named ubuntuone-control-panel-qt.exe and occupies 127.13 KB (130184 bytes).
Ubuntu One installs the following the executables on your PC, occupying about 4.62 MB (4841494
bytes) on disk.
...click to view all...
- uninstall.exe (3.63 MB)
- u1sdtool.exe (36.63 KB)
- ubuntu-sso-login-qt.exe (127.63 KB)
- ubuntu-sso-login.exe (127.63 KB)
- ubuntu-sso-proxy-creds-qt.exe (127.13 KB)
- ubuntu-sso-ssl-certificate-qt.exe (127.13 KB)
- ubuntuone-control-panel-qt.exe (127.13 KB)
- ubuntuone-proxy-tunnel.exe (24.63 KB)
- ubuntuone-syncdaemon.exe (134.63 KB)
- ubuntuone-updater.exe (132.13 KB)
- w9xpopen.exe (48.50 KB)
The current web page applies to Ubuntu One version 4.1.91
alone. For more Ubuntu One versions please click below:
...click to view all...
When you're planning to uninstall Ubuntu One you should check if the following data is left behind on your PC.Directories that were left behind:
- C:\Program Files\ubuntuone
- C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Ubuntu One
You will find in the Windows Registry that the following data will not be uninstalled; remove them one by one using regedit.exe:
- C:\Program Files\ubuntuone\dist\api-ms-win-core-apiquery-l1-1-0.dll
- C:\Program Files\ubuntuone\dist\api-ms-win-core-console-l1-1-0.dll
- C:\Program Files\ubuntuone\dist\api-ms-win-core-delayload-l1-1-1.dll
- C:\Program Files\ubuntuone\dist\api-ms-win-core-errorhandling-l1-1-1.dll
Additional values that are not removed:
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Ubuntu One
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Ubuntu One 4.1.91
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Ubuntu One
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Ubuntu One 4.1.91\UninstallString
How to uninstall Ubuntu One with the help of Advanced Uninstaller PRO
Ubuntu One is an application by Canonical. Sometimes, users want to uninstall this application. This can be difficult because removing this manually requires some skill regarding removing Windows programs manually. One of the best QUICK practice to uninstall Ubuntu One is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Here are some detailed instructions about how to do this:
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO on your PC, add it. This is good because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very efficient uninstaller and all around utility to optimize your system.DOWNLOAD NOW
- visit Download Link
- download the program by pressing the DOWNLOAD button
- set up Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Start Advanced Uninstaller PRO. It's recommended to take your time to admire Advanced Uninstaller PRO's interface and wealth of functions available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very good Windows optimizer.
3. Press the General Tools button
4. Click on the Uninstall Programs button
5. All the programs existing on your PC will appear
6. Navigate the list of programs until you find Ubuntu One or simply activate the Search field and type in "Ubuntu One". If it is installed on your PC the Ubuntu One program will be found very quickly. Notice that after you select Ubuntu One in the list of applications, some information regarding the application is available to you:
- Safety rating (in the lower left corner). This explains the opinion other people have regarding Ubuntu One, ranging from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Opinions by other people - Press the Read reviews button.
- Details regarding the program you are about to uninstall, by pressing the Properties button.
7. Press the Uninstall button. A confirmation window will appear. accept the removal by clicking the Uninstall button. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will uninstall Ubuntu One.
8. After removing Ubuntu One, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will ask you to run an additional cleanup. Click Next to perform the cleanup. All the items of Ubuntu One which have been left behind will be found and you will be asked if you want to delete them. By uninstalling Ubuntu One with Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you are assured that no registry items, files or directories are left behind on your system.
Your system will remain clean, speedy and able to run without errors or problems.
Geographical user distribution
Users that installed Ubuntu One:
The text above is not a piece of advice to uninstall Ubuntu One by Canonical from your computer, nor are we saying that Ubuntu One by Canonical is not a good software application. This page simply contains detailed instructions on how to uninstall Ubuntu One supposing you want to. Here you can find registry and disk entries that our application Advanced Uninstaller PRO stumbled upon and classified as "leftovers" on other users' computers.
Last update on: 2017-03-11 07:51:38.370