This web page is about Spotify for Windows. Here you can find details on how to uninstall it from your PC. The Windows release was developed by How to uninstall Spotify from your systemSpotify AB
. Further information on Spotify AB can be found here
. Click on http://www.spotify.com
to get more information about Spotify on Spotify AB's website. The program is usually found in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Spotify folder (same installation drive as Windows). The full command line for uninstalling Spotify is C:\Program Files (x86)\Spotify\Spotify.exe. Keep in mind that if you will type this command in Start / Run Note you may be prompted for administrator rights. The program's main executable file is called SpotifyLauncher.exe and occupies 114.46 KB (117208 bytes).
Spotify installs the following the executables on your PC, taking about 8.77 MB (9197448
bytes) on disk.
- spotify.exe (7.52 MB)
- SpotifyLauncher.exe (114.46 KB)
- SpotifyWebHelper.exe (1.14 MB)
The information on this page is only about version 0.8.5.1333.82208
of Spotify. You can find below info on other releases of Spotify:
...click to view all...
When you're planning to uninstall Spotify you should check if the following data is left behind on your PC.You should delete the folders below after you uninstall Spotify:
Check for and remove the following files from your disk when you uninstall Spotify:
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Spotify
Use regedit.exe to manually remove from the Windows Registry the keys below:
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Spotify\Data\chrome.pak
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Spotify\Data\icudt.dll
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Spotify\Data\libcef.dll
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Spotify\Data\locales\en-US.pak
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Spotify\Data\resources.zip
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Spotify\Data\SpotifyWebHelper.exe
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Spotify\inst_ver.dat
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Spotify\spotify.exe
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Spotify\SpotifyLauncher.exe
- C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\User Pinned\TaskBar\Spotify.lnk
Use regedit.exe to remove the following additional registry values from the Windows Registry:
Spotify is a program released by Spotify AB. Some computer users choose to remove this application. Sometimes this can be troublesome because uninstalling this manually takes some experience related to Windows program uninstallation. The best SIMPLE solution to remove Spotify is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take the following steps on how to do this: A way to remove Spotify from your computer with the help of Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO on your Windows PC, add it. This is good because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very efficient uninstaller and all around tool to optimize your Windows computer.DOWNLOAD NOW
- navigate to http://www.advanceduninstaller.com/download/
- download the setup by clicking on the DOWNLOAD button
- set up Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Start Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take some time to get familiar with the program's design and wealth of features available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very good PC management program.
3. Click on the General Tools button
4. Click on the Uninstall Programs button
5. A list of the applications existing on your PC will be shown to you
6. Scroll the list of applications until you locate Spotify or simply activate the Search field and type in "Spotify". If it is installed on your PC the Spotify app will be found very quickly. Notice that when you click Spotify in the list of programs, some data regarding the program is made available to you:
- Star rating (in the left lower corner). The star rating explains the opinion other users have regarding Spotify, ranging from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Opinions by other users - Click on the Read reviews button.
- Technical information regarding the application you wish to remove, by clicking on the Properties button.
For example you can see that for Spotify:
- The web site of the program is: http://www.spotify.com
- The uninstall string is: C:\Program Files (x86)\Spotify\Spotify.exe
7. Press the Uninstall button. A window asking you to confirm will show up. accept the uninstall by pressing Uninstall. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will then remove Spotify.
8. After uninstalling Spotify, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will ask you to run a cleanup. Press Next to go ahead with the cleanup. All the items of Spotify which have been left behind will be found and you will be asked if you want to delete them. By uninstalling Spotify with Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you are assured that no registry entries, files or directories are left behind on your disk.
Your PC will remain clean, speedy and able to take on new tasks.DOWNLOAD NOW
Geographical user distribution
The text above is not a piece of advice to remove Spotify by Spotify AB from your computer, nor are we saying that Spotify by Spotify AB is not a good application. This text simply contains detailed info on how to remove Spotify in case you decide this is what you want to do. Here you can find registry and disk entries that our application Advanced Uninstaller PRO stumbled upon and classified as "leftovers" on other users' PCs.
Last update on: 2016-06-18 20:04:06.910