Ad-Aware Security Toolbar
Ad-Aware Security Toolbar is a Windows application. Read below about how to remove it from your computer. It was developed for Windows by A guide to uninstall Ad-Aware Security Toolbar from your computerLavasoft
. More information on Lavasoft can be seen here
. The application is frequently installed in the C:\Program Files (x86)\adawaretb folder. Keep in mind that this location can differ depending on the user's decision. The full command line for removing Ad-Aware Security Toolbar is C:\Program Files (x86)\adawaretb\uninstall.exe. Keep in mind that if you will type this command in Start / Run Note you may receive a notification for administrator rights. dtUser.exe is the programs's main file and it takes circa 249.39 KB (255376 bytes) on disk.
The executables below are part of Ad-Aware Security Toolbar. They take an average of 501.20 KB (513224
bytes) on disk.
- dtUser.exe (249.39 KB)
- ieUtils.exe (100.39 KB)
- uninstall.exe (151.41 KB)
The current page applies to Ad-Aware Security Toolbar version 188.8.131.52
alone. Click on the links below for other Ad-Aware Security Toolbar versions:
...click to view all...
If you are manually uninstalling Ad-Aware Security Toolbar we suggest you to verify if the following data is left behind on your PC.Folders remaining:
The files below are left behind on your disk when you remove Ad-Aware Security Toolbar:
- C:\Archivos de programa\adawaretb
Registry that is not uninstalled:
- C:\Archivos de programa\adawaretb\adawareDx.dll
- C:\Archivos de programa\adawaretb\adawaretb.dll
- C:\Archivos de programa\adawaretb\chrome\content\custom.js
- C:\Archivos de programa\adawaretb\chrome\content\lib\about.xml
Open regedit.exe in order to delete the following registry values:
Ad-Aware Security Toolbar is a program marketed by Lavasoft. Frequently, users want to remove this application. Sometimes this is troublesome because uninstalling this manually takes some experience regarding Windows program uninstallation. One of the best EASY approach to remove Ad-Aware Security Toolbar is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Here are some detailed instructions about how to do this: A way to uninstall Ad-Aware Security Toolbar from your computer with Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO already installed on your PC, add it. This is a good step because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is an efficient uninstaller and general utility to clean your PC.DOWNLOAD NOW
- navigate to Download Link
- download the setup by clicking on the green DOWNLOAD button
- set up Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Run Advanced Uninstaller PRO. It's recommended to take your time to get familiar with Advanced Uninstaller PRO's interface and wealth of functions available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a powerful program.
3. Click on the General Tools button
4. Activate the Uninstall Programs tool
5. All the applications existing on the computer will be made available to you
6. Scroll the list of applications until you find Ad-Aware Security Toolbar or simply activate the Search field and type in "Ad-Aware Security Toolbar". The Ad-Aware Security Toolbar application will be found very quickly. Notice that after you select Ad-Aware Security Toolbar in the list , the following data regarding the application is made available to you:
- Safety rating (in the lower left corner). The star rating explains the opinion other users have regarding Ad-Aware Security Toolbar, from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Opinions by other users - Click on the Read reviews button.
- Technical information regarding the application you want to remove, by clicking on the Properties button.
7. Click the Uninstall button. A confirmation dialog will show up. accept the uninstall by clicking the Uninstall button. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will then remove Ad-Aware Security Toolbar.
8. After uninstalling Ad-Aware Security Toolbar, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will ask you to run a cleanup. Click Next to perform the cleanup. All the items of Ad-Aware Security Toolbar which have been left behind will be detected and you will be asked if you want to delete them. By removing Ad-Aware Security Toolbar using Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you can be sure that no registry items, files or folders are left behind on your disk.
Your computer will remain clean, speedy and able to take on new tasks.
Geographical user distribution
The text above is not a piece of advice to remove Ad-Aware Security Toolbar by Lavasoft from your PC, we are not saying that Ad-Aware Security Toolbar by Lavasoft is not a good software application. This page only contains detailed info on how to remove Ad-Aware Security Toolbar in case you decide this is what you want to do. Here you can find registry and disk entries that other software left behind and Advanced Uninstaller PRO discovered and classified as "leftovers" on other users' PCs. Disclaimer
Last update on: 2016-06-24 15:14:12.590