Spotify is a software application. This page holds details on how to remove it from your PC. The Windows release was developed by A guide to uninstall Spotify from your computerSpotify AB
. More information about Spotify AB can be seen here
. More information about Spotify can be seen at http://www.spotify.com
. Spotify is typically installed in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Spotify folder, but this location can vary a lot depending on the user's option while installing the program. The entire uninstall command line for Spotify is C:\Program Files (x86)\Spotify\Spotify.exe. The application's main executable file is named SpotifyLauncher.exe and it has a size of 61.00 KB (62464 bytes).
The executable files below are installed beside Spotify. They take about 7.43 MB (7793152
bytes) on disk.
- spotify.exe (5.68 MB)
- SpotifyLauncher.exe (61.00 KB)
- SpotifyHelper.exe (596.00 KB)
- SpotifyWebHelper.exe (1.11 MB)
The information on this page is only about version 0.9.6.81.359796
of Spotify. For more Spotify versions please click below:
...click to view all...
Spotify has the habit of leaving behind some leftovers.Directories left on disk:
Check for and remove the following files from your disk when you uninstall Spotify:
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Spotify
Use regedit.exe to manually remove from the Windows Registry the keys below:
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Spotify\Data\apps.zip
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Spotify\Data\cef.pak
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Spotify\Data\d3dcompiler_43.dll
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Spotify\Data\d3dcompiler_46.dll
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Spotify\Data\devtools_resources.pak
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Spotify\Data\icudt.dll
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Spotify\Data\libcef.dll
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Spotify\Data\libEGL.dll
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Spotify\Data\libGLESv2.dll
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Spotify\Data\locales\en-US.pak
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Spotify\Data\resources.zip
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Spotify\Data\SpotifyHelper.exe
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Spotify\Data\SpotifyWebHelper.exe
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Spotify\inst_ver.dat
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Spotify\spotify.exe
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Spotify\SpotifyLauncher.exe
- C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Extensions\ibbfklbaljofpaanmpaeadejijfdddco\1.2.2_0\icons\spotify.svg
Spotify is an application released by Spotify AB. Some users choose to remove this application. Sometimes this is troublesome because performing this manually takes some skill related to Windows internal functioning. One of the best EASY action to remove Spotify is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Here is how to do this: How to delete Spotify from your computer with the help of Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO on your system, add it. This is good because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very useful uninstaller and all around utility to optimize your computer.DOWNLOAD NOW
- visit http://www.advanceduninstaller.com/download/
- download the setup by clicking on the DOWNLOAD button
- install Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Run Advanced Uninstaller PRO. It's recommended to take your time to admire the program's design and number of functions available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a powerful system utility.
3. Press the General Tools button
4. Activate the Uninstall Programs button
5. All the programs installed on your PC will be made available to you
6. Scroll the list of programs until you locate Spotify or simply activate the Search field and type in "Spotify". The Spotify program will be found very quickly. After you click Spotify in the list of applications, some data regarding the application is shown to you:
- Safety rating (in the lower left corner). The star rating tells you the opinion other people have regarding Spotify, from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Opinions by other people - Press the Read reviews button.
- Details regarding the program you want to remove, by clicking on the Properties button.
For instance you can see that for Spotify:
- The web site of the program is: http://www.spotify.com
- The uninstall string is: C:\Program Files (x86)\Spotify\Spotify.exe
7. Click the Uninstall button. A confirmation window will come up. accept the removal by clicking the Uninstall button. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will then remove Spotify.
8. After removing Spotify, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will ask you to run an additional cleanup. Click Next to start the cleanup. All the items that belong Spotify which have been left behind will be found and you will be asked if you want to delete them. By uninstalling Spotify using Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you are assured that no registry entries, files or folders are left behind on your computer.
Your PC will remain clean, speedy and able to take on new tasks.DOWNLOAD NOW
Geographical user distribution
The text above is not a piece of advice to remove Spotify by Spotify AB from your PC, we are not saying that Spotify by Spotify AB is not a good software application. This page simply contains detailed info on how to remove Spotify in case you decide this is what you want to do. Here you can find registry and disk entries that Advanced Uninstaller PRO stumbled upon and classified as "leftovers" on other users' PCs.
Last update on: 2016-06-18 19:42:32.330