This page is about Search Protection for Windows. Below you can find details on how to remove it from your computer. The Windows version was created by A guide to uninstall Search Protection from your systemSpigot, Inc.
. More info about Spigot, Inc. can be read here
. Click on http://www.spigot.com
to get more details about Search Protection on Spigot, Inc.'s website. The application is usually placed in the C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Search Protection directory (same installation drive as Windows). You can uninstall Search Protection by clicking on the Start menu of Windows and pasting the command line C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Search Protection\uninstall.exe. Keep in mind that you might receive a notification for admin rights. Uninstall.exe is the Search Protection's primary executable file and it takes approximately 363.55 KB (372277 bytes) on disk.
The following executable files are contained in Search Protection. They take 363.55 KB (372277
bytes) on disk.
- Uninstall.exe (363.55 KB)
This page is about Search Protection version 22.214.171.124
alone. You can find below a few links to other Search Protection releases:
...click to view all...
If you are manually uninstalling Search Protection we recommend you to check if the following data is left behind on your PC.You should delete the folders below after you uninstall Search Protection:
The files below were left behind on your disk by Search Protection's application uninstaller when you removed it:
- C:\Documents and Settings\UserName\Application Data\Search Protection
You will find in the Windows Registry that the following data will not be uninstalled; remove them one by one using regedit.exe:
- C:\Documents and Settings\UserName\Application Data\Search Protection\Uninstall.exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\AppDataLow\Software\Search Protection
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Search Protection
Search Protection is an application offered by Spigot, Inc.. Some computer users decide to remove this program. This can be efortful because deleting this by hand requires some skill related to Windows internal functioning. The best EASY procedure to remove Search Protection is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Here are some detailed instructions about how to do this: A way to erase Search Protection with Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO already installed on your Windows PC, add it. This is good because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is the best uninstaller and all around tool to clean your Windows PC.DOWNLOAD NOW
- go to http://www.advanceduninstaller.com/download/
- download the program by pressing the DOWNLOAD NOW button
- install Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Run Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take your time to admire the program's interface and number of functions available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very good Windows optimizer.
3. Click on the General Tools button
4. Press the Uninstall Programs button
5. A list of the applications existing on the computer will be shown to you
6. Scroll the list of applications until you locate Search Protection or simply click the Search feature and type in "Search Protection". The Search Protection application will be found very quickly. Notice that after you click Search Protection in the list of apps, the following information regarding the program is available to you:
- Star rating (in the left lower corner). This tells you the opinion other users have regarding Search Protection, from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Reviews by other users - Click on the Read reviews button.
- Details regarding the program you wish to remove, by pressing the Properties button.
For example you can see that for Search Protection:
- The web site of the application is: http://www.spigot.com
- The uninstall string is: C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Search Protection\uninstall.exe
7. Click the Uninstall button. A window asking you to confirm will come up. Confirm the uninstall by clicking the Uninstall button. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will remove Search Protection.
8. After removing Search Protection, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will offer to run a cleanup. Click Next to perform the cleanup. All the items that belong Search Protection that have been left behind will be detected and you will be asked if you want to delete them. By uninstalling Search Protection using Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you are assured that no Windows registry entries, files or directories are left behind on your PC.
Your Windows PC will remain clean, speedy and able to take on new tasks.DOWNLOAD NOW
Geographical user distribution
The text above is not a piece of advice to uninstall Search Protection by Spigot, Inc. from your PC, nor are we saying that Search Protection by Spigot, Inc. is not a good application for your PC. This text simply contains detailed instructions on how to uninstall Search Protection in case you want to. The information above contains registry and disk entries that Advanced Uninstaller PRO discovered and classified as "leftovers" on other users' computers.
Last update on: 2016-07-07 18:30:51.100