This page is about Search Protection for Windows. Here you can find details on how to remove it from your computer. It was developed for Windows by A guide to uninstall Search Protection from your PCSpigot, Inc.
. You can read more on Spigot, Inc. or check for application updates here
. More details about Search Protection can be seen at http://www.spigot.com
. The program is frequently installed in the C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Search Protection folder. Keep in mind that this path can differ depending on the user's decision. The full command line for uninstalling Search Protection is C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Search Protection\uninstall.exe. Keep in mind that if you will type this command in Start / Run Note you may be prompted for administrator rights. SearchProtection.exe is the Search Protection's main executable file and it occupies about 1.06 MB (1110888 bytes) on disk.
Search Protection contains of the executables below. They occupy 1.54 MB (1613983
bytes) on disk.
- SearchProtection.exe (1.06 MB)
- Uninstall.exe (491.30 KB)
The current page applies to Search Protection version 18.104.22.168
only. You can find below info on other versions of Search Protection:
...click to view all...
Search Protection is an application marketed by Spigot, Inc.. Sometimes, computer users choose to remove it. This is difficult because uninstalling this manually requires some know-how related to Windows program uninstallation. The best SIMPLE approach to remove Search Protection is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Here are some detailed instructions about how to do this: How to erase Search Protection with Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO on your PC, install it. This is good because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very efficient uninstaller and general utility to clean your PC.DOWNLOAD NOW
- go to http://www.advanceduninstaller.com/download/
- download the setup by pressing the DOWNLOAD button
- set up Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Start Advanced Uninstaller PRO. It's recommended to take your time to get familiar with Advanced Uninstaller PRO's design and number of features available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very good program.
3. Click on the General Tools button
4. Press the Uninstall Programs feature
5. A list of the applications existing on your computer will be made available to you
6. Scroll the list of applications until you find Search Protection or simply activate the Search field and type in "Search Protection". If it is installed on your PC the Search Protection application will be found very quickly. After you click Search Protection in the list of programs, some information regarding the application is made available to you:
- Safety rating (in the left lower corner). This explains the opinion other people have regarding Search Protection, from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Reviews by other people - Click on the Read reviews button.
- Technical information regarding the application you are about to uninstall, by pressing the Properties button.
For instance you can see that for Search Protection:
- The software company is: http://www.spigot.com
- The uninstall string is: C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Search Protection\uninstall.exe
7. Click the Uninstall button. A confirmation dialog will come up. Confirm the removal by pressing the Uninstall button. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will automatically uninstall Search Protection.
8. After removing Search Protection, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will ask you to run an additional cleanup. Click Next to go ahead with the cleanup. All the items of Search Protection that have been left behind will be found and you will be able to delete them. By uninstalling Search Protection with Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you are assured that no registry items, files or directories are left behind on your system.
Your PC will remain clean, speedy and able to take on new tasks.DOWNLOAD NOW
Geographical user distribution
The text above is not a piece of advice to remove Search Protection by Spigot, Inc. from your PC, we are not saying that Search Protection by Spigot, Inc. is not a good software application. This page simply contains detailed info on how to remove Search Protection in case you decide this is what you want to do. The information above contains registry and disk entries that our application Advanced Uninstaller PRO discovered and classified as "leftovers" on other users' PCs.
Last update on: 2016-10-22 05:08:21.033