You can find below details on how to uninstall NETGEAR Genie for Windows. It is made by A way to uninstall NETGEAR Genie from your computerNETGEAR Inc.
. Open here
where you can read more on NETGEAR Inc.. The program is usually located in the C:\Program Files\NETGEAR Genie folder. Keep in mind that this path can vary depending on the user's decision. You can uninstall NETGEAR Genie by clicking on the Start menu of Windows and pasting the command line C:\Program Files\NETGEAR Genie\uninstall.exe. Keep in mind that you might be prompted for admin rights. NETGEAR Genie's primary file takes around 1,017.32 KB (1041736 bytes) and its name is NETGEARGenie.exe.
The following executable files are incorporated in NETGEAR Genie. They take 3.77 MB (3955000
bytes) on disk.
...click to view all...
- uninstall.exe (624.32 KB)
- wpdel.exe (219.78 KB)
- wpinst.exe (703.78 KB)
- genie2_tray.exe (119.82 KB)
- InternetDaemon.exe (698.32 KB)
- NETGEARGenie.exe (1,017.32 KB)
- NETGEARGenieDaemon.exe (190.82 KB)
- NETGEARGenieDaemon64.exe (226.32 KB)
- readyShareFileChecker.exe (61.82 KB)
The information on this page is only about version 220.127.116.11
of NETGEAR Genie. You can find below info on other releases of NETGEAR Genie:
...click to view all...
Some files and registry entries are typically left behind when you uninstall NETGEAR Genie.Folders remaining:
The files below were left behind on your disk by NETGEAR Genie's application uninstaller when you removed it:
- C:\Program Files (x86)\NETGEAR Genie
Use regedit.exe to manually remove from the Windows Registry the keys below:
- C:\Program Files (x86)\NETGEAR Genie\bin\airprintdll.dll
- C:\Program Files (x86)\NETGEAR Genie\bin\ComputerDetails.dll
- C:\Program Files (x86)\NETGEAR Genie\bin\DiagnoseDll.dll
- C:\Program Files (x86)\NETGEAR Genie\bin\DiagnosePlugin.dll
Open regedit.exe in order to delete the following values:
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\NETGEAR Genie
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\NETGEAR Genie
- HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\MuiCache\C:\program files (x86)\netgear genie\bin\netgeargenie.exe.FriendlyAppName
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\NETGEAR Genie\DisplayIcon
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\NETGEAR Genie\DisplayName
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\NETGEAR Genie\UninstallString
NETGEAR Genie is an application offered by NETGEAR Inc.. Sometimes, computer users decide to uninstall this application. Sometimes this can be efortful because uninstalling this manually takes some knowledge related to PCs. One of the best EASY practice to uninstall NETGEAR Genie is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Here are some detailed instructions about how to do this: How to uninstall NETGEAR Genie with the help of Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO already installed on your PC, add it. This is good because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very efficient uninstaller and general tool to take care of your system.DOWNLOAD NOW
- navigate to Download Link
- download the program by clicking on the DOWNLOAD button
- install Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Run Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take your time to get familiar with Advanced Uninstaller PRO's design and number of features available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a powerful package of tools.
3. Press the General Tools category
4. Activate the Uninstall Programs feature
5. A list of the applications installed on your PC will appear
6. Scroll the list of applications until you locate NETGEAR Genie or simply click the Search feature and type in "NETGEAR Genie". If it exists on your system the NETGEAR Genie app will be found automatically. When you select NETGEAR Genie in the list of programs, the following information regarding the application is made available to you:
- Safety rating (in the lower left corner). The star rating explains the opinion other people have regarding NETGEAR Genie, ranging from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Opinions by other people - Press the Read reviews button.
- Technical information regarding the app you wish to uninstall, by clicking on the Properties button.
7. Press the Uninstall button. A confirmation page will show up. Confirm the uninstall by pressing the Uninstall button. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will automatically remove NETGEAR Genie.
8. After removing NETGEAR Genie, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will ask you to run a cleanup. Press Next to proceed with the cleanup. All the items that belong NETGEAR Genie which have been left behind will be detected and you will be asked if you want to delete them. By uninstalling NETGEAR Genie with Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you can be sure that no registry items, files or folders are left behind on your computer.
Your system will remain clean, speedy and ready to take on new tasks.
Geographical user distribution
This page is not a recommendation to remove NETGEAR Genie by NETGEAR Inc. from your PC, nor are we saying that NETGEAR Genie by NETGEAR Inc. is not a good software application. This page only contains detailed info on how to remove NETGEAR Genie supposing you decide this is what you want to do. The information above contains registry and disk entries that our application Advanced Uninstaller PRO stumbled upon and classified as "leftovers" on other users' computers. Disclaimer
Last update on: 2016-06-26 08:26:31.023