NETGEAR Genie is a Windows program. Read more about how to uninstall it from your computer. It is developed by How to uninstall NETGEAR Genie from your PCNETGEAR Inc.
. More information on NETGEAR Inc. can be found here
. The application is usually located in the C:\Program Files (x86)\NETGEAR Genie folder. Keep in mind that this location can vary depending on the user's decision. The full command line for removing NETGEAR Genie is C:\Program Files (x86)\NETGEAR Genie\uninstall.exe. Keep in mind that if you will type this command in Start / Run Note you may be prompted for administrator rights. NETGEAR Genie's primary file takes about 589.25 KB (603392 bytes) and is called NETGEARGenie.exe.
The following executables are incorporated in NETGEAR Genie. They occupy 3.89 MB (4082560
bytes) on disk.
...click to view all...
- uninstall.exe (636.63 KB)
- wpdel.exe (220.25 KB)
- wpinst.exe (704.25 KB)
- genie2_tray.exe (102.75 KB)
- InternetDaemon.exe (297.75 KB)
- NETGEAR Genie WiFi Analytics.exe (978.25 KB)
- NETGEARGenie.exe (589.25 KB)
- NETGEARGenieDaemon.exe (191.25 KB)
- NETGEARGenieDaemon64.exe (226.75 KB)
- readyShareFileChecker.exe (39.75 KB)
The information on this page is only about version 2.4.16.00
of NETGEAR Genie. You can find below info on other application versions of NETGEAR Genie:
...click to view all...
When planning to uninstall NETGEAR Genie you should check if the following data is left behind on your PC.Folders remaining:
- C:\Program Files (x86)\NETGEAR Genie
You will find in the Windows Registry that the following data will not be cleaned; remove them one by one using regedit.exe:
- C:\Program Files (x86)\NETGEAR Genie\bin\airprintdll.dll
- C:\Program Files (x86)\NETGEAR Genie\bin\ComputerDetails.dll
- C:\Program Files (x86)\NETGEAR Genie\bin\DiagnoseDll.dll
- C:\Program Files (x86)\NETGEAR Genie\bin\DiagnosePlugin.dll
Use regedit.exe to remove the following additional registry values from the Windows Registry:
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\NETGEAR Genie
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\NETGEAR Genie
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\NETGEAR Genie\DisplayIcon
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\NETGEAR Genie\DisplayName
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\NETGEAR Genie\UninstallString
NETGEAR Genie is a program released by the software company NETGEAR Inc.. Sometimes, people decide to remove this program. Sometimes this can be difficult because doing this by hand takes some knowledge regarding Windows program uninstallation. One of the best QUICK practice to remove NETGEAR Genie is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take the following steps on how to do this: A way to erase NETGEAR Genie from your PC using Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO on your Windows system, install it. This is good because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very useful uninstaller and general tool to take care of your Windows computer.DOWNLOAD NOW
- navigate to Download Link
- download the program by pressing the DOWNLOAD NOW button
- install Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Run Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take your time to admire the program's interface and number of tools available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very good package of tools.
3. Press the General Tools button
4. Press the Uninstall Programs feature
5. All the applications installed on your computer will be made available to you
6. Scroll the list of applications until you find NETGEAR Genie or simply activate the Search feature and type in "NETGEAR Genie". If it exists on your system the NETGEAR Genie application will be found automatically. Notice that when you click NETGEAR Genie in the list of apps, some data about the program is made available to you:
- Safety rating (in the left lower corner). This tells you the opinion other users have about NETGEAR Genie, ranging from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Opinions by other users - Press the Read reviews button.
- Technical information about the program you are about to remove, by pressing the Properties button.
7. Press the Uninstall button. A confirmation page will show up. accept the uninstall by clicking Uninstall. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will then uninstall NETGEAR Genie.
8. After removing NETGEAR Genie, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will offer to run a cleanup. Press Next to start the cleanup. All the items of NETGEAR Genie which have been left behind will be found and you will be asked if you want to delete them. By uninstalling NETGEAR Genie with Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you can be sure that no Windows registry entries, files or folders are left behind on your PC.
Your Windows computer will remain clean, speedy and ready to serve you properly.
Geographical user distribution
The text above is not a recommendation to uninstall NETGEAR Genie by NETGEAR Inc. from your PC, nor are we saying that NETGEAR Genie by NETGEAR Inc. is not a good software application. This text only contains detailed instructions on how to uninstall NETGEAR Genie in case you decide this is what you want to do. The information above contains registry and disk entries that Advanced Uninstaller PRO discovered and classified as "leftovers" on other users' PCs. Disclaimer
Last update on: 2016-06-19 17:53:23.500