You can find below details on how to uninstall NETGEAR Genie for Windows. It is made by A way to uninstall NETGEAR Genie from your computerNETGEAR Inc.
. Open here
where you can read more on NETGEAR Inc.. The program is usually located in the C:\Program Files\NETGEAR Genie folder. Keep in mind that this path can vary depending on the user's decision. You can uninstall NETGEAR Genie by clicking on the Start menu of Windows and pasting the command line C:\Program Files\NETGEAR Genie\uninstall.exe. Keep in mind that you might be prompted for admin rights. NETGEAR Genie's primary file takes around 1,017.32 KB (1041736 bytes) and its name is NETGEARGenie.exe.
The following executable files are incorporated in NETGEAR Genie. They take 3.77 MB (3955000
bytes) on disk.
...click to view all...
- uninstall.exe (624.32 KB)
- wpdel.exe (219.78 KB)
- wpinst.exe (703.78 KB)
- genie2_tray.exe (119.82 KB)
- InternetDaemon.exe (698.32 KB)
- NETGEARGenie.exe (1,017.32 KB)
- NETGEARGenieDaemon.exe (190.82 KB)
- NETGEARGenieDaemon64.exe (226.32 KB)
- readyShareFileChecker.exe (61.82 KB)
The information on this page is only about version 22.214.171.124
of NETGEAR Genie. You can find below info on other releases of NETGEAR Genie:
...click to view all...
Some files and registry entries are typically left behind when you uninstall NETGEAR Genie.Folders remaining:
The files below were left behind on your disk by NETGEAR Genie's application uninstaller when you removed it:
- C:\Program Files (x86)\NETGEAR Genie
Use regedit.exe to manually remove from the Windows Registry the keys below:
- C:\Program Files (x86)\NETGEAR Genie\bin\airprintdll.dll
- C:\Program Files (x86)\NETGEAR Genie\bin\ComputerDetails.dll
- C:\Program Files (x86)\NETGEAR Genie\bin\DiagnoseDll.dll
- C:\Program Files (x86)\NETGEAR Genie\bin\DiagnosePlugin.dll
Open regedit.exe in order to delete the following values:
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\NETGEAR Genie
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\NETGEAR Genie
- HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\MuiCache\C:\program files (x86)\netgear genie\bin\netgeargenie.exe.FriendlyAppName
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\NETGEAR Genie\DisplayIcon
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\NETGEAR Genie\DisplayName
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\NETGEAR Genie\UninstallString
NETGEAR Genie is an application offered by NETGEAR Inc.. Sometimes, computer users decide to uninstall this application. Sometimes this can be efortful because uninstalling this manually takes some knowledge related to PCs. One of the best EASY practice to uninstall NETGEAR Genie is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Here are some detailed instructions about how to do this: How to uninstall NETGEAR Genie with the help of Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO already installed on your Windows PC, install it. This is a good step because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is an efficient uninstaller and general tool to clean your Windows system.DOWNLOAD NOW
- navigate to http://www.advanceduninstaller.com/download/
- download the setup by pressing the DOWNLOAD button
- install Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Start Advanced Uninstaller PRO. It's recommended to take your time to get familiar with the program's design and number of features available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very useful Windows tool.
3. Press the General Tools category
4. Press the Uninstall Programs tool
5. A list of the programs existing on your computer will appear
6. Scroll the list of programs until you find NETGEAR Genie or simply click the Search feature and type in "NETGEAR Genie". If it is installed on your PC the NETGEAR Genie application will be found very quickly. When you select NETGEAR Genie in the list of applications, some data regarding the program is shown to you:
- Safety rating (in the lower left corner). This tells you the opinion other users have regarding NETGEAR Genie, from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Opinions by other users - Press the Read reviews button.
- Technical information regarding the app you wish to remove, by pressing the Properties button.
7. Press the Uninstall button. A confirmation page will show up. Confirm the uninstall by pressing the Uninstall button. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will automatically remove NETGEAR Genie.
8. After removing NETGEAR Genie, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will ask you to run a cleanup. Press Next to proceed with the cleanup. All the items that belong NETGEAR Genie which have been left behind will be detected and you will be asked if you want to delete them. By uninstalling NETGEAR Genie with Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you can be sure that no registry items, files or folders are left behind on your computer.
Your system will remain clean, speedy and ready to take on new tasks.DOWNLOAD NOW
Geographical user distribution
This page is not a recommendation to remove NETGEAR Genie by NETGEAR Inc. from your PC, nor are we saying that NETGEAR Genie by NETGEAR Inc. is not a good software application. This page only contains detailed info on how to remove NETGEAR Genie supposing you decide this is what you want to do. The information above contains registry and disk entries that our application Advanced Uninstaller PRO stumbled upon and classified as "leftovers" on other users' computers.
Last update on: 2016-06-26 08:26:31.023