You can find on this page detailed information on how to remove Surftastic for Windows. It was developed for Windows by A guide to uninstall Surftastic from your PCSurftastic
. Go over here
for more info on Surftastic. You can see more info on Surftastic at http://surftastic.net/support
. Usually the Surftastic application is found in the C:\Program Files\Surftastic directory, depending on the user's option during setup. C:\Program Files\Surftastic\Surftasticuninstall.exe is the full command line if you want to remove Surftastic. SurftasticBrowserFilter.exe is the programs's main file and it takes circa 41.28 KB (42272 bytes) on disk.
Surftastic contains of the executables below. They take 1.06 MB (1114400
bytes) on disk.
- 7za.exe (523.50 KB)
- SurftasticBrowserFilter.exe (41.28 KB)
The current page applies to Surftastic version 2014.02.01.021226
alone. Click on the links below for other Surftastic versions:
...click to view all...
If planning to uninstall Surftastic you should check if the following data is left behind on your PC.You should delete the folders below after you uninstall Surftastic:
Check for and delete the following files from your disk when you uninstall Surftastic:
- C:\Program Files\Surftastic
You will find in the Windows Registry that the following data will not be removed; remove them one by one using regedit.exe:
- C:\Program Files\Surftastic\0
- C:\Program Files\Surftastic\7za.exe
- C:\Program Files\Surftastic\bin\40.0.0.dll
- C:\Program Files\Surftastic\bin\45.0.1.dll
- C:\Program Files\Surftastic\bin\47.0.0.dll
- C:\Program Files\Surftastic\bin\7za.exe
- C:\Program Files\Surftastic\bin\bau
- C:\Program Files\Surftastic\bin\dsrlte.xml
- C:\Program Files\Surftastic\bin\eula.txt
- C:\Program Files\Surftastic\bin\plugins\Surftastic.GCUpdate.dll
- C:\Program Files\Surftastic\bin\plugins\Surftastic.Plinx.dll
- C:\Program Files\Surftastic\bin\plugins\Surftastic.Recheck.dll
- C:\Program Files\Surftastic\bin\sqlite3.dll
- C:\Program Files\Surftastic\bin\Surftastic.OfSvc.exe
- C:\Program Files\Surftastic\bin\Surftastic.OfSvc.zip
- C:\Program Files\Surftastic\bin\Surftastic.Plinx.zip
- C:\Program Files\Surftastic\bin\utilSurftastic.InstallState
- C:\Program Files\Surftastic\mkbhmdcccmdakmgaaejjjgllahmljpge.crx
- C:\Program Files\Surftastic\Surftastic.BrowserFilter.Helper.dll
- C:\Program Files\Surftastic\Surftastic.ico
- C:\Program Files\Surftastic\SurftasticBHO.dll
- C:\Program Files\Surftastic\SurftasticBrowserFilter.exe
- C:\Program Files\Surftastic\SurftasticUn.exe
- C:\Program Files\Surftastic\SurftasticUninstall.exe
- C:\Program Files\Surftastic\updateSurftastic.InstallState
- C:\UserNames\UserName\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Low\Surftastic_iels
Open regedit.exe in order to delete the following registry values:
- HKEY_CURRENT_UserName\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\InternetRegistry\REGISTRY\UserName\S-1-5-21-2498735525-4242137523-1073245644-1000\Software\Surftastic
- HKEY_CURRENT_UserName\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\LowRegistry\DOMStorage\surftastic.net
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\eventlog\Application\Update Surftastic
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\eventlog\Application\Util Surftastic
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Update Surftastic
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Util Surftastic
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Update Surftastic\DisplayName
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Util Surftastic\DisplayName
Surftastic is an application marketed by the software company Surftastic. Some computer users want to uninstall this program. This can be hard because uninstalling this by hand requires some advanced knowledge regarding removing Windows applications by hand. The best SIMPLE way to uninstall Surftastic is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Here is how to do this: How to remove Surftastic using Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO already installed on your system, add it. This is good because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is the best uninstaller and all around utility to clean your system.DOWNLOAD NOW
- go to Download Link
- download the setup by clicking on the DOWNLOAD button
- install Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Start Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take your time to get familiar with Advanced Uninstaller PRO's design and number of tools available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very good program.
3. Click on the General Tools category
4. Press the Uninstall Programs feature
5. A list of the applications installed on your computer will be made available to you
6. Scroll the list of applications until you locate Surftastic or simply activate the Search feature and type in "Surftastic". If it exists on your system the Surftastic app will be found automatically. When you select Surftastic in the list , the following information about the application is shown to you:
- Safety rating (in the lower left corner). The star rating tells you the opinion other users have about Surftastic, from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Opinions by other users - Click on the Read reviews button.
- Details about the program you wish to remove, by clicking on the Properties button.
For instance you can see that for Surftastic:
- The web site of the program is: http://surftastic.net/support
- The uninstall string is: C:\Program Files\Surftastic\Surftasticuninstall.exe
7. Click the Uninstall button. A window asking you to confirm will come up. accept the removal by clicking the Uninstall button. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will automatically uninstall Surftastic.
8. After uninstalling Surftastic, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will ask you to run an additional cleanup. Click Next to go ahead with the cleanup. All the items of Surftastic which have been left behind will be found and you will be able to delete them. By removing Surftastic with Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you are assured that no registry entries, files or directories are left behind on your system.
Your computer will remain clean, speedy and ready to run without errors or problems.
Geographical user distribution
This page is not a recommendation to uninstall Surftastic by Surftastic from your computer, nor are we saying that Surftastic by Surftastic is not a good application for your computer. This page simply contains detailed instructions on how to uninstall Surftastic in case you want to. The information above contains registry and disk entries that other software left behind and Advanced Uninstaller PRO stumbled upon and classified as "leftovers" on other users' computers. Disclaimer
Last update on: 2016-09-25 19:29:30.507