This info is about Desura for Windows. Here you can find details on how to remove it from your computer. It was created for Windows by How to uninstall Desura from your PCDesura
. You can read more on Desura or check for application updates here
. Click on http://www.desura.com/about
to get more facts about Desura on Desura's website. The application is usually located in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Desura directory (same installation drive as Windows). C:\Program Files (x86)\Desura\Desura_Uninstaller.exe is the full command line if you want to uninstall Desura. The program's main executable file occupies 2.55 MB (2670176 bytes) on disk and is titled desura.exe.
The following executables are contained in Desura. They occupy 125.69 MB (131800006
bytes) on disk.
...click to view all...
- desura.exe (2.55 MB)
- desura_service.exe (1,022.09 KB)
- Desura_Uninstaller.exe (138.64 KB)
- dumpgen.exe (1.00 MB)
- java_launcher.exe (934.09 KB)
- mcf_util.exe (1.25 MB)
- toolhelper.exe (790.09 KB)
- utility.exe (821.59 KB)
- An Apparently Normal Room.exe (9.49 MB)
- 7z.exe (160.00 KB)
- annex.exe (11.41 MB)
- annex_editor.exe (7.06 MB)
- battlemass2.exe (11.06 MB)
- unins000.exe (702.66 KB)
- Noire.exe (74.94 MB)
- _slam_junk_.exe (2.47 MB)
The current web page applies to Desura version 100.62
alone. You can find below a few links to other Desura versions:
...click to view all...
If you are manually uninstalling Desura we recommend you to check if the following data is left behind on your PC.Folders left behind when you uninstall Desura:
The files below are left behind on your disk by Desura's application uninstaller when you removed it:
- C:\Program Files\Desura
- C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Desura
- C:\UserNames\UserName\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Desura
Usually the following registry keys will not be removed:
- C:\Program Files\Desura\bin\avcodec-53.dll
- C:\Program Files\Desura\bin\avformat-53.dll
- C:\Program Files\Desura\bin\avutil-51.dll
- C:\Program Files\Desura\bin\Blank_GDF.dll
Use regedit.exe to remove the following additional registry values from the Windows Registry:
Desura is a program marketed by Desura. Some computer users choose to uninstall it. This can be efortful because performing this manually requires some advanced knowledge regarding Windows internal functioning. The best EASY solution to uninstall Desura is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Here are some detailed instructions about how to do this: A way to uninstall Desura with Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO already installed on your Windows system, add it. This is a good step because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is one of the best uninstaller and general utility to clean your Windows system.DOWNLOAD NOW
- go to http://www.advanceduninstaller.com/download/
- download the setup by pressing the DOWNLOAD button
- set up Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Start Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take some time to admire Advanced Uninstaller PRO's design and wealth of functions available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a powerful package of tools.
3. Click on the General Tools button
4. Press the Uninstall Programs feature
5. A list of the applications installed on your PC will be shown to you
6. Scroll the list of applications until you locate Desura or simply click the Search feature and type in "Desura". If it exists on your system the Desura app will be found automatically. Notice that when you click Desura in the list of programs, the following information regarding the program is available to you:
- Safety rating (in the lower left corner). This explains the opinion other users have regarding Desura, ranging from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Opinions by other users - Click on the Read reviews button.
- Technical information regarding the program you wish to remove, by pressing the Properties button.
For example you can see that for Desura:
- The publisher is: http://www.desura.com/about
- The uninstall string is: C:\Program Files (x86)\Desura\Desura_Uninstaller.exe
7. Press the Uninstall button. A window asking you to confirm will show up. Confirm the uninstall by pressing the Uninstall button. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will automatically remove Desura.
8. After uninstalling Desura, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will ask you to run an additional cleanup. Press Next to start the cleanup. All the items that belong Desura that have been left behind will be detected and you will be asked if you want to delete them. By uninstalling Desura using Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you can be sure that no registry entries, files or directories are left behind on your system.
Your computer will remain clean, speedy and able to take on new tasks.DOWNLOAD NOW
Geographical user distribution
This page is not a piece of advice to remove Desura by Desura from your PC, we are not saying that Desura by Desura is not a good software application. This text only contains detailed instructions on how to remove Desura supposing you decide this is what you want to do. The information above contains registry and disk entries that Advanced Uninstaller PRO stumbled upon and classified as "leftovers" on other users' PCs.
Last update on: 2016-10-11 20:29:42.410