This page is about WinRAR archiver for Windows. Here you can find details on how to remove it from your PC. The Windows version was created by A guide to uninstall WinRAR archiver from your systemwin.rar GmbH
. Take a look here
for more info on win.rar GmbH. WinRAR archiver is frequently set up in the C:\Program Files\WinRAR folder, however this location can vary a lot depending on the user's option when installing the program. The complete uninstall command line for WinRAR archiver is C:\Program Files\WinRAR\uninstall.exe. The program's main executable file has a size of 1.04 MB (1090560 bytes) on disk and is named WinRAR.exe.
WinRAR archiver contains of the executables below. They take 1.91 MB (1998424
bytes) on disk.
...click to view all...
- Ace32Loader.exe (60.09 KB)
- Rar.exe (389.00 KB)
- Uninstall.exe (127.50 KB)
- UnRAR.exe (256.50 KB)
- WinRAR.exe (1.04 MB)
- ace32loader.exe (53.50 KB)
This info is about WinRAR archiver version 5.11.0
alone. For more WinRAR archiver versions please click below:
...click to view all...
If you are manually uninstalling WinRAR archiver we advise you to check if the following data is left behind on your PC.Folders left behind when you uninstall WinRAR archiver:
Check for and remove the following files from your disk when you uninstall WinRAR archiver:
- C:\Program Files (x86)\WinRAR
- C:\Users\eUserName\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\WinRAR
You will find in the Windows Registry that the following keys will not be cleaned; remove them one by one using regedit.exe:
- C:\Program Files (x86)\WinRAR\7zxa.dll
- C:\Program Files (x86)\WinRAR\Default.SFX
- C:\Program Files (x86)\WinRAR\Descript.ion
- C:\Program Files (x86)\WinRAR\File_Id.diz
- C:\Program Files (x86)\WinRAR\Formats\7z.fmt
- C:\Program Files (x86)\WinRAR\Formats\7zxa.dll
- C:\Program Files (x86)\WinRAR\Formats\ace.fmt
- C:\Program Files (x86)\WinRAR\Formats\arj.fmt
- C:\Program Files (x86)\WinRAR\Formats\bz2.fmt
- C:\Program Files (x86)\WinRAR\Formats\cab.fmt
- C:\Program Files (x86)\WinRAR\Formats\gz.fmt
- C:\Program Files (x86)\WinRAR\Formats\iso.fmt
- C:\Program Files (x86)\WinRAR\Formats\lzh.fmt
- C:\Program Files (x86)\WinRAR\Formats\tar.fmt
- C:\Program Files (x86)\WinRAR\Formats\UNACEV2.DLL
- C:\Program Files (x86)\WinRAR\Formats\uue.fmt
- C:\Program Files (x86)\WinRAR\Formats\z.fmt
- C:\Program Files (x86)\WinRAR\License.txt
- C:\Program Files (x86)\WinRAR\Order.htm
- C:\Program Files (x86)\WinRAR\Rar.exe
- C:\Program Files (x86)\WinRAR\Rar.txt
- C:\Program Files (x86)\WinRAR\RarExt.dll
- C:\Program Files (x86)\WinRAR\RarExt64.dll
- C:\Program Files (x86)\WinRAR\RarExtLoader.exe
- C:\Program Files (x86)\WinRAR\RarFiles.lst
- C:\Program Files (x86)\WinRAR\rarnew.dat
- C:\Program Files (x86)\WinRAR\rarreg.key
- C:\Program Files (x86)\WinRAR\ReadMe.txt
- C:\Program Files (x86)\WinRAR\TechNote.txt
- C:\Program Files (x86)\WinRAR\UNACEV2.DLL
- C:\Program Files (x86)\WinRAR\Uninstall.exe
- C:\Program Files (x86)\WinRAR\Uninstall.lst
- C:\Program Files (x86)\WinRAR\UnRAR.exe
- C:\Program Files (x86)\WinRAR\UnrarSrc.txt
- C:\Program Files (x86)\WinRAR\WhatsNew.txt
- C:\Program Files (x86)\WinRAR\WinCon.SFX
- C:\Program Files (x86)\WinRAR\WinRAR.chm
- C:\Program Files (x86)\WinRAR\WinRAR.exe
- C:\Program Files (x86)\WinRAR\Zip.SFX
- C:\Program Files (x86)\WinRAR\zipnew.dat
- C:\Users\eUserName\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\WinRAR\Console RAR manual.lnk
- C:\Users\eUserName\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\WinRAR\WinRAR help.lnk
- C:\Users\eUserName\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\WinRAR\WinRAR.lnk
Open regedit.exe to delete the registry values below from the Windows Registry:
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\WinRAR archiver
- HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\MuiCache\C:\Program Files (x86)\WinRAR\WinRAR.exe.FriendlyAppName
WinRAR archiver is an application released by the software company win.rar GmbH. Sometimes, people decide to uninstall this program. Sometimes this can be hard because uninstalling this manually takes some advanced knowledge related to removing Windows programs manually. The best EASY manner to uninstall WinRAR archiver is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Here is how to do this: How to erase WinRAR archiver using Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO already installed on your PC, add it. This is a good step because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very efficient uninstaller and all around utility to take care of your system.DOWNLOAD NOW
- visit http://www.advanceduninstaller.com/download/
- download the program by clicking on the green DOWNLOAD button
- set up Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Run Advanced Uninstaller PRO. It's recommended to take your time to get familiar with the program's interface and wealth of features available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very good PC management program.
3. Press the General Tools category
4. Click on the Uninstall Programs button
5. All the programs installed on your computer will be made available to you
6. Scroll the list of programs until you locate WinRAR archiver or simply click the Search field and type in "WinRAR archiver". If it is installed on your PC the WinRAR archiver program will be found very quickly. Notice that after you select WinRAR archiver in the list of programs, some data about the application is made available to you:
- Safety rating (in the left lower corner). This tells you the opinion other people have about WinRAR archiver, from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Reviews by other people - Press the Read reviews button.
- Details about the application you are about to remove, by clicking on the Properties button.
7. Click the Uninstall button. A confirmation dialog will come up. Confirm the removal by clicking the Uninstall button. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will uninstall WinRAR archiver.
8. After uninstalling WinRAR archiver, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will ask you to run a cleanup. Click Next to perform the cleanup. All the items of WinRAR archiver that have been left behind will be found and you will be able to delete them. By removing WinRAR archiver with Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you can be sure that no Windows registry items, files or directories are left behind on your computer.
Your Windows system will remain clean, speedy and able to take on new tasks.DOWNLOAD NOW
Geographical user distribution
The text above is not a recommendation to uninstall WinRAR archiver by win.rar GmbH from your PC, nor are we saying that WinRAR archiver by win.rar GmbH is not a good application. This text simply contains detailed info on how to uninstall WinRAR archiver supposing you decide this is what you want to do. Here you can find registry and disk entries that other software left behind and Advanced Uninstaller PRO discovered and classified as "leftovers" on other users' PCs.
Last update on: 2016-06-29 00:55:09.113