WhatsApp is a software application. This page contains details on how to uninstall it from your PC. The Windows version was developed by How to uninstall WhatsApp from your PCWhatsApp
. Additional info about WhatsApp can be read here
. WhatsApp is commonly set up in the C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\WhatsApp folder, but this location may vary a lot depending on the user's option while installing the application. You can remove WhatsApp by clicking on the Start menu of Windows and pasting the command line C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\WhatsApp\Update.exe. Note that you might receive a notification for admin rights. The application's main executable file occupies 654.43 KB (670136 bytes) on disk and is named WhatsApp.exe.
WhatsApp is comprised of the following executables which take 143.16 MB (150117456
bytes) on disk:
- squirrel.exe (2.10 MB)
- WhatsApp.exe (654.43 KB)
- squirrel.exe (2.10 MB)
- WhatsApp.exe (68.11 MB)
- WhatsApp.exe (68.11 MB)
The current web page applies to WhatsApp version 0.3.2276
alone. Click on the links below for other WhatsApp versions:
...click to view all...
Following the uninstall process, the application leaves leftovers on the PC. Part_A few of these are shown below.You should delete the folders below after you uninstall WhatsApp:
Check for and delete the following files from your disk when you uninstall WhatsApp:
You will find in the Windows Registry that the following data will not be uninstalled; remove them one by one using regedit.exe:
- C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\WhatsApp\File System\Origins\000003.log
- C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\WhatsApp\File System\Origins\CURRENT
- C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\WhatsApp\File System\Origins\LOCK
- C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\WhatsApp\File System\Origins\LOG
- C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\WhatsApp\File System\Origins\MANIFEST-000001
- C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\WhatsApp\Local Storage\leveldb\000003.log
- C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\WhatsApp\Local Storage\leveldb\CURRENT
- C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\WhatsApp\Local Storage\leveldb\LOCK
- C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\WhatsApp\Local Storage\leveldb\LOG
- C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\WhatsApp\Local Storage\leveldb\MANIFEST-000001
WhatsApp is an application offered by the software company WhatsApp. Sometimes, users decide to remove it. This can be troublesome because uninstalling this manually takes some advanced knowledge regarding removing Windows programs manually. One of the best QUICK approach to remove WhatsApp is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Here is how to do this: A way to erase WhatsApp using Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO on your PC, install it. This is a good step because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is an efficient uninstaller and general utility to optimize your system.DOWNLOAD NOW
- visit Download Link
- download the setup by pressing the green DOWNLOAD button
- install Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Run Advanced Uninstaller PRO. It's recommended to take some time to admire the program's design and wealth of functions available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very good system optimizer.
3. Click on the General Tools button
4. Click on the Uninstall Programs button
5. All the programs existing on the computer will appear
6. Scroll the list of programs until you find WhatsApp or simply activate the Search feature and type in "WhatsApp". If it is installed on your PC the WhatsApp application will be found very quickly. After you select WhatsApp in the list of programs, some data about the application is shown to you:
- Star rating (in the lower left corner). The star rating explains the opinion other people have about WhatsApp, from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Reviews by other people - Click on the Read reviews button.
- Details about the application you wish to remove, by pressing the Properties button.
7. Press the Uninstall button. A confirmation window will appear. accept the uninstall by clicking Uninstall. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will automatically remove WhatsApp.
8. After uninstalling WhatsApp, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will ask you to run an additional cleanup. Click Next to start the cleanup. All the items that belong WhatsApp that have been left behind will be detected and you will be able to delete them. By removing WhatsApp using Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you can be sure that no Windows registry entries, files or folders are left behind on your PC.
Your Windows PC will remain clean, speedy and ready to run without errors or problems.
The text above is not a recommendation to uninstall WhatsApp by WhatsApp from your PC, we are not saying that WhatsApp by WhatsApp is not a good application. This text only contains detailed info on how to uninstall WhatsApp in case you want to. Here you can find registry and disk entries that other software left behind and Advanced Uninstaller PRO stumbled upon and classified as "leftovers" on other users' PCs. Disclaimer
Last update on: 2019-02-19 23:25:56.820