This info is about TrueCrypt for Windows. Here you can find details on how to uninstall it from your computer. It is produced by A way to uninstall TrueCrypt from your PCTrueCrypt Foundation
. Open here
where you can find out more on TrueCrypt Foundation. Click on http://www.truecrypt.org/applink.php?version=5.0a&dest=index
to get more information about TrueCrypt on TrueCrypt Foundation's website. TrueCrypt is usually installed in the C:\Program Files (x86)\TrueCrypt folder, regulated by the user's choice. C:\Program Files (x86)\TrueCrypt\TrueCrypt Setup.exe is the full command line if you want to uninstall TrueCrypt. TrueCrypt.exe is the TrueCrypt's main executable file and it occupies close to 1.02 MB (1065152 bytes) on disk.
The executable files below are part of TrueCrypt. They take about 4.52 MB (4743552
bytes) on disk.
- TrueCrypt Format.exe (1.13 MB)
- TrueCrypt Setup.exe (2.38 MB)
- TrueCrypt.exe (1.02 MB)
The current page applies to TrueCrypt version 5.0
only. You can find here a few links to other TrueCrypt versions:
...click to view all...
TrueCrypt is an application marketed by the software company TrueCrypt Foundation. Some people decide to erase this program. Sometimes this is efortful because deleting this manually requires some skill related to removing Windows programs manually. One of the best EASY way to erase TrueCrypt is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take the following steps on how to do this: How to remove TrueCrypt from your computer with Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO on your Windows system, install it. This is good because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very potent uninstaller and all around tool to clean your Windows PC.DOWNLOAD NOW
- navigate to http://www.advanceduninstaller.com/download/
- download the setup by pressing the green DOWNLOAD NOW button
- install Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Run Advanced Uninstaller PRO. It's recommended to take some time to get familiar with the program's interface and wealth of tools available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very useful system optimizer.
3. Click on the General Tools category
4. Click on the Uninstall Programs feature
5. All the applications existing on your computer will appear
6. Scroll the list of applications until you find TrueCrypt or simply activate the Search field and type in "TrueCrypt". If it exists on your system the TrueCrypt program will be found automatically. Notice that when you click TrueCrypt in the list , some data regarding the program is made available to you:
- Star rating (in the lower left corner). The star rating explains the opinion other people have regarding TrueCrypt, from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Reviews by other people - Click on the Read reviews button.
- Details regarding the program you wish to remove, by pressing the Properties button.
For example you can see that for TrueCrypt:
- The software company is: http://www.truecrypt.org/applink.php?version=5.0a&dest=index
- The uninstall string is: C:\Program Files (x86)\TrueCrypt\TrueCrypt Setup.exe
7. Press the Uninstall button. A confirmation page will come up. accept the removal by clicking the Uninstall button. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will automatically remove TrueCrypt.
8. After removing TrueCrypt, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will offer to run a cleanup. Press Next to start the cleanup. All the items that belong TrueCrypt that have been left behind will be detected and you will be asked if you want to delete them. By uninstalling TrueCrypt with Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you can be sure that no Windows registry items, files or folders are left behind on your computer.
Your Windows computer will remain clean, speedy and able to run without errors or problems.DOWNLOAD NOW
Geographical user distribution
The text above is not a recommendation to uninstall TrueCrypt by TrueCrypt Foundation from your computer, we are not saying that TrueCrypt by TrueCrypt Foundation is not a good software application. This page only contains detailed info on how to uninstall TrueCrypt supposing you decide this is what you want to do. The information above contains registry and disk entries that Advanced Uninstaller PRO stumbled upon and classified as "leftovers" on other users' computers.
Last update on: 2016-06-22 11:51:35.720