You can find below detailed information on how to uninstall TrueCrypt for Windows. It was created for Windows by A guide to uninstall TrueCrypt from your computerTrueCrypt Foundation
. Take a look here
for more information on TrueCrypt Foundation. Click on http://www.truecrypt.org/applink.php?version=5.1a&dest=index
to get more facts about TrueCrypt on TrueCrypt Foundation's website. The program is often installed in the C:\Program Files (x86)\TrueCrypt folder (same installation drive as Windows). You can uninstall TrueCrypt by clicking on the Start menu of Windows and pasting the command line C:\Program Files (x86)\TrueCrypt\TrueCrypt Setup.exe. Keep in mind that you might be prompted for admin rights. TrueCrypt.exe is the TrueCrypt's primary executable file and it takes circa 1.05 MB (1106112 bytes) on disk.
The following executables are incorporated in TrueCrypt. They occupy 4.74 MB (4973944
bytes) on disk.
- TrueCrypt Format.exe (1.16 MB)
- TrueCrypt Setup.exe (2.52 MB)
- TrueCrypt.exe (1.05 MB)
This page is about TrueCrypt version 5.1
only. Click on the links below for other TrueCrypt versions:
...click to view all...
TrueCrypt is a program offered by the software company TrueCrypt Foundation. Sometimes, people try to remove this program. Sometimes this is easier said than done because doing this manually takes some knowledge related to Windows internal functioning. The best SIMPLE procedure to remove TrueCrypt is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take the following steps on how to do this: A way to erase TrueCrypt from your PC with Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO on your PC, add it. This is a good step because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is an efficient uninstaller and all around tool to maximize the performance of your system.DOWNLOAD NOW
- go to http://www.advanceduninstaller.com/download/
- download the setup by clicking on the DOWNLOAD button
- set up Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Start Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take some time to get familiar with the program's design and wealth of features available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very useful PC management program.
3. Press the General Tools button
4. Activate the Uninstall Programs button
5. A list of the applications existing on your computer will be made available to you
6. Scroll the list of applications until you find TrueCrypt or simply activate the Search field and type in "TrueCrypt". The TrueCrypt program will be found automatically. Notice that after you click TrueCrypt in the list of apps, some data about the application is available to you:
- Safety rating (in the left lower corner). The star rating tells you the opinion other people have about TrueCrypt, from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Opinions by other people - Press the Read reviews button.
- Technical information about the app you wish to uninstall, by clicking on the Properties button.
For example you can see that for TrueCrypt:
- The web site of the program is: http://www.truecrypt.org/applink.php?version=5.1a&dest=index
- The uninstall string is: C:\Program Files (x86)\TrueCrypt\TrueCrypt Setup.exe
7. Press the Uninstall button. A confirmation window will show up. Confirm the uninstall by pressing the Uninstall button. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will remove TrueCrypt.
8. After removing TrueCrypt, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will ask you to run an additional cleanup. Click Next to start the cleanup. All the items that belong TrueCrypt that have been left behind will be found and you will be able to delete them. By uninstalling TrueCrypt using Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you can be sure that no Windows registry items, files or directories are left behind on your PC.
Your Windows system will remain clean, speedy and able to serve you properly.DOWNLOAD NOW
Geographical user distribution
The text above is not a recommendation to uninstall TrueCrypt by TrueCrypt Foundation from your computer, we are not saying that TrueCrypt by TrueCrypt Foundation is not a good software application. This page only contains detailed instructions on how to uninstall TrueCrypt in case you want to. Here you can find registry and disk entries that our application Advanced Uninstaller PRO stumbled upon and classified as "leftovers" on other users' PCs.
Last update on: 2016-07-30 02:42:36.357