Start Menu is a Windows program. Read below about how to uninstall it from your computer. The Windows version was created by A guide to uninstall Start Menu from your PCPokki
. More data about Pokki can be found here
. Click on http://www.pokki.com
to get more data about Start Menu on Pokki's website. Usually the Start Menu program is placed in the C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\Pokki folder, depending on the user's option during install. Start Menu's complete uninstall command line is C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\Pokki\Uninstall.exe. The application's main executable file has a size of 2.96 MB (3101000 bytes) on disk and is titled StartMenuIndexer.exe.
Start Menu contains of the executables below. They occupy 12.21 MB (12807147
bytes) on disk.
- Uninstall.exe (2.00 MB)
- HostAppService.exe (7.20 MB)
- StartMenuIndexer.exe (2.96 MB)
- wow_helper.exe (65.50 KB)
The current web page applies to Start Menu version 0.269.2.430
only. Click on the links below for other Start Menu versions:
...click to view all...
If you are manually uninstalling Start Menu we advise you to verify if the following data is left behind on your PC.Folders that were left behind:
- C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs
- C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu
You will find in the Windows Registry that the following keys will not be uninstalled; remove them one by one using regedit.exe:
- C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\desktop.ini
- C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Accessibility\Desktop.ini
- C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Accessibility\Speech Recognition.lnk
- C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Accessories\Calculator.lnk
Use regedit.exe to remove the following additional registry values from the Windows Registry:
Start Menu is an application released by the software company Pokki. Some computer users try to remove this program. Sometimes this is hard because removing this manually takes some knowledge regarding removing Windows programs manually. One of the best EASY practice to remove Start Menu is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take the following steps on how to do this: How to remove Start Menu with the help of Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO already installed on your system, add it. This is a good step because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very useful uninstaller and general utility to clean your PC.DOWNLOAD NOW
- go to Download Link
- download the setup by pressing the green DOWNLOAD button
- install Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Run Advanced Uninstaller PRO. It's recommended to take your time to get familiar with the program's design and number of features available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very good Windows optimizer.
3. Press the General Tools button
4. Click on the Uninstall Programs button
5. All the programs installed on your computer will be made available to you
6. Scroll the list of programs until you find Start Menu or simply click the Search field and type in "Start Menu". If it exists on your system the Start Menu app will be found automatically. Notice that when you click Start Menu in the list of programs, the following information about the program is available to you:
- Star rating (in the lower left corner). This tells you the opinion other people have about Start Menu, from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Opinions by other people - Press the Read reviews button.
- Technical information about the app you wish to uninstall, by pressing the Properties button.
For example you can see that for Start Menu:
- The software company is: http://www.pokki.com
- The uninstall string is: C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\Pokki\Uninstall.exe
7. Press the Uninstall button. A confirmation dialog will come up. Confirm the removal by pressing Uninstall. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will uninstall Start Menu.
8. After removing Start Menu, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will offer to run an additional cleanup. Click Next to start the cleanup. All the items of Start Menu that have been left behind will be found and you will be asked if you want to delete them. By uninstalling Start Menu using Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you are assured that no registry entries, files or directories are left behind on your computer.
Your computer will remain clean, speedy and ready to take on new tasks.
Geographical user distribution
This page is not a recommendation to uninstall Start Menu by Pokki from your computer, we are not saying that Start Menu by Pokki is not a good software application. This text only contains detailed instructions on how to uninstall Start Menu supposing you decide this is what you want to do. The information above contains registry and disk entries that other software left behind and Advanced Uninstaller PRO stumbled upon and classified as "leftovers" on other users' computers. Disclaimer
Last update on: 2016-06-29 00:21:15.870