You can find below details on how to remove Start Menu for Windows. The Windows version was created by How to uninstall Start Menu from your computerPokki
. Go over here
where you can read more on Pokki. Start Menu is typically set up in the C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\Pokki\Engine folder, but this location can differ a lot depending on the user's choice when installing the program. The full command line for uninstalling Start Menu is C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\Pokki\Engine\HostAppService.exe. Keep in mind that if you will type this command in Start / Run Note you may be prompted for administrator rights. The program's main executable file has a size of 2.91 MB (3052032 bytes) on disk and is labeled StartMenuIndexer.exe.
Start Menu is comprised of the following executables which take 20.74 MB (21750272
bytes) on disk:
- HostAppService.exe (7.49 MB)
- HostAppServiceUpdater.exe (10.28 MB)
- StartMenuIndexer.exe (2.91 MB)
- wow_helper.exe (65.50 KB)
The information on this page is only about version 0.269.7.652
of Start Menu. You can find below info on other versions of Start Menu:
...click to view all...
Start Menu has the habit of leaving behind some leftovers.Folders that were found:
The files below are left behind on your disk when you remove Start Menu:
- C:\Program Files\Symantec\Symantec System Recovery\RecoveryDisk\SreModules\V2iModule\common\Files\Documents and Settings\Default User\Start Menu
- C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Absolute Software
- C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs
- C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu
- C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\AMZNMobileLLC.KindleforWindows8_126.96.36.199_neutral__stfe6vwa9jnbp\images\logo\metro-start-menu-pinned.jpg
- C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\AMZNMobileLLC.KindleforWindows8_188.8.131.52_neutral__stfe6vwa9jnbp\images\logo\metro-start-menu-wide.png
- C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Absolute Software\Absolute Data Protect.lnk
- C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Dell SonicWALL NetExtender.lnk
Start Menu is a program by the software company Pokki. Sometimes, users decide to uninstall this program. This is hard because uninstalling this manually takes some know-how regarding PCs. One of the best QUICK approach to uninstall Start Menu is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take the following steps on how to do this: How to remove Start Menu from your computer with Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO already installed on your Windows system, install it. This is a good step because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is the best uninstaller and all around tool to take care of your Windows computer.DOWNLOAD NOW
- navigate to Download Link
- download the setup by pressing the green DOWNLOAD button
- set up Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Start Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take some time to admire the program's design and number of functions available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a powerful PC management program.
3. Click on the General Tools button
4. Click on the Uninstall Programs feature
5. A list of the applications installed on the PC will be made available to you
6. Scroll the list of applications until you locate Start Menu or simply activate the Search field and type in "Start Menu". If it exists on your system the Start Menu app will be found automatically. After you select Start Menu in the list of apps, the following information regarding the application is made available to you:
- Safety rating (in the left lower corner). The star rating explains the opinion other users have regarding Start Menu, from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Reviews by other users - Click on the Read reviews button.
- Technical information regarding the app you are about to remove, by pressing the Properties button.
7. Press the Uninstall button. A confirmation page will show up. Confirm the uninstall by clicking the Uninstall button. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will then uninstall Start Menu.
8. After uninstalling Start Menu, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will ask you to run an additional cleanup. Click Next to go ahead with the cleanup. All the items of Start Menu which have been left behind will be detected and you will be asked if you want to delete them. By uninstalling Start Menu with Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you are assured that no registry entries, files or directories are left behind on your system.
Your PC will remain clean, speedy and ready to take on new tasks.
Geographical user distribution
This page is not a piece of advice to uninstall Start Menu by Pokki from your PC, we are not saying that Start Menu by Pokki is not a good application for your computer. This text simply contains detailed instructions on how to uninstall Start Menu in case you want to. The information above contains registry and disk entries that other software left behind and Advanced Uninstaller PRO discovered and classified as "leftovers" on other users' computers. Disclaimer
Last update on: 2016-11-09 21:34:57.347