Sophos Exploit Prevention
This page contains detailed information on how to uninstall Sophos Exploit Prevention for Windows. It was created for Windows by A guide to uninstall Sophos Exploit Prevention from your PCSophos Limited
. Check out here
for more details on Sophos Limited. Click on http://www.sophos.com
to get more data about Sophos Exploit Prevention on Sophos Limited's website. The application is usually placed in the C:\Program Files (x86)\HitmanPro.Alert directory (same installation drive as Windows). The complete uninstall command line for Sophos Exploit Prevention is C:\Program Files (x86)\HitmanPro.Alert\Uninstall.exe. Uninstall.exe is the Sophos Exploit Prevention's primary executable file and it occupies close to 1.33 MB (1389760 bytes) on disk.
The executable files below are part of Sophos Exploit Prevention. They take about 6.51 MB (6825992
bytes) on disk.
- EXPTelem.exe (418.09 KB)
- hmpalert.exe (4.78 MB)
- Uninstall.exe (1.33 MB)
This info is about Sophos Exploit Prevention version 22.214.171.124
only. You can find below info on other releases of Sophos Exploit Prevention:
...click to view all...
Sophos Exploit Prevention has the habit of leaving behind some leftovers.You should delete the folders below after you uninstall Sophos Exploit Prevention:
Usually, the following files are left on disk:
- C:\Program Files (x86)\HitmanPro.Alert
Registry that is not cleaned:
- C:\Program Files (x86)\HitmanPro.Alert\Adapter.dll
- C:\Program Files (x86)\HitmanPro.Alert\bpaif.dll
- C:\Program Files (x86)\HitmanPro.Alert\ExploitPreventionPlugin.dll
- C:\Program Files (x86)\HitmanPro.Alert\EXPResChs.dll
- C:\Program Files (x86)\HitmanPro.Alert\EXPResCht.dll
- C:\Program Files (x86)\HitmanPro.Alert\EXPResDeu.dll
- C:\Program Files (x86)\HitmanPro.Alert\EXPResEng.dll
- C:\Program Files (x86)\HitmanPro.Alert\EXPResEsp.dll
- C:\Program Files (x86)\HitmanPro.Alert\EXPResFra.dll
- C:\Program Files (x86)\HitmanPro.Alert\EXPResIt.dll
- C:\Program Files (x86)\HitmanPro.Alert\EXPResJap.dll
- C:\Program Files (x86)\HitmanPro.Alert\EXPTelem.exe
- C:\Program Files (x86)\HitmanPro.Alert\hmpalert.exe
- C:\Program Files (x86)\HitmanPro.Alert\readme.txt
- C:\Program Files (x86)\HitmanPro.Alert\SophosDesktopNotifier.dll
- C:\Program Files (x86)\HitmanPro.Alert\Uninstall.exe
- C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\IObit\IObit Uninstaller\Log\Sophos Exploit Prevention.history
Open regedit.exe in order to remove the following values:
Sophos Exploit Prevention is a program by the software company Sophos Limited. Sometimes, users want to remove it. This is efortful because uninstalling this by hand requires some know-how regarding Windows internal functioning. One of the best SIMPLE solution to remove Sophos Exploit Prevention is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Here are some detailed instructions about how to do this: How to erase Sophos Exploit Prevention from your computer with Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO already installed on your Windows system, add it. This is a good step because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very potent uninstaller and all around tool to take care of your Windows PC.DOWNLOAD NOW
- go to http://www.advanceduninstaller.com/download/
- download the setup by pressing the DOWNLOAD NOW button
- set up Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Run Advanced Uninstaller PRO. It's recommended to take some time to get familiar with the program's interface and number of functions available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very useful package of utilities.
3. Click on the General Tools category
4. Press the Uninstall Programs button
5. A list of the applications installed on the PC will appear
6. Navigate the list of applications until you locate Sophos Exploit Prevention or simply activate the Search feature and type in "Sophos Exploit Prevention". If it exists on your system the Sophos Exploit Prevention app will be found very quickly. Notice that when you click Sophos Exploit Prevention in the list of applications, some information regarding the application is shown to you:
- Star rating (in the left lower corner). This explains the opinion other users have regarding Sophos Exploit Prevention, from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Reviews by other users - Click on the Read reviews button.
- Technical information regarding the application you wish to uninstall, by pressing the Properties button.
For example you can see that for Sophos Exploit Prevention:
- The publisher is: http://www.sophos.com
- The uninstall string is: C:\Program Files (x86)\HitmanPro.Alert\Uninstall.exe
7. Click the Uninstall button. A confirmation window will come up. Confirm the removal by clicking Uninstall. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will uninstall Sophos Exploit Prevention.
8. After uninstalling Sophos Exploit Prevention, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will ask you to run a cleanup. Press Next to start the cleanup. All the items of Sophos Exploit Prevention that have been left behind will be found and you will be able to delete them. By uninstalling Sophos Exploit Prevention with Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you are assured that no registry items, files or folders are left behind on your disk.
Your PC will remain clean, speedy and ready to run without errors or problems.DOWNLOAD NOW
The text above is not a recommendation to uninstall Sophos Exploit Prevention by Sophos Limited from your computer, nor are we saying that Sophos Exploit Prevention by Sophos Limited is not a good application for your PC. This page simply contains detailed info on how to uninstall Sophos Exploit Prevention supposing you want to. The information above contains registry and disk entries that other software left behind and Advanced Uninstaller PRO stumbled upon and classified as "leftovers" on other users' computers.
Last update on: 2017-11-16 15:31:33.127