Pinterest is a software application. This page is comprised of details on how to uninstall it from your computer. The Windows version was developed by A guide to uninstall Pinterest from your computerPinterest
. You can read more on Pinterest or check for application updates here
. Pinterest is usually installed in the C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\Host App Service\Engine folder, however this location can vary a lot depending on the user's choice while installing the application. The full command line for uninstalling Pinterest is C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\Host App Service\Engine\HostAppService.exe. Note that if you will type this command in Start / Run Note you may be prompted for admin rights. Pinterest's main file takes around 7.34 MB (7695264 bytes) and is called HostAppService.exe.
The executable files below are installed along with Pinterest. They occupy about 21.53 MB (22576752
bytes) on disk.
- HostAppService.exe (7.34 MB)
- HostAppServiceInterface.exe (2.27 MB)
- HostAppServiceUpdater.exe (7.60 MB)
- WebAppHelper.exe (4.33 MB)
The information on this page is only about version 1.0.1
of Pinterest. You can find here a few links to other Pinterest releases:
Pinterest has the habit of leaving behind some leftovers.The files below are left behind on your disk by Pinterest's application uninstaller when you removed it:
You will find in the Windows Registry that the following data will not be cleaned; remove them one by one using regedit.exe:
- C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\Host App Service\IconCache\persistent\Pinterest.ico
- C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Pinterest.lnk
- HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppContainer\Storage\microsoft.microsoftedge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\Children\001\Internet Explorer\DOMStorage\pinterest.com
- HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppContainer\Storage\microsoft.microsoftedge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\Children\001\Internet Explorer\DOMStorage\www.pinterest.com
- HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppContainer\Storage\microsoft.microsoftedge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\Children\001\Internet Explorer\EdpDomStorage\pinterest.com
- HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppContainer\Storage\microsoft.microsoftedge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\Children\001\Internet Explorer\EdpDomStorage\www.pinterest.com
Pinterest is a program marketed by the software company Pinterest. Sometimes, people choose to remove this application. Sometimes this is easier said than done because deleting this manually requires some skill related to Windows program uninstallation. One of the best SIMPLE way to remove Pinterest is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Here are some detailed instructions about how to do this: A way to uninstall Pinterest from your PC with Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO already installed on your system, add it. This is a good step because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is one of the best uninstaller and all around utility to maximize the performance of your PC.DOWNLOAD NOW
- navigate to Download Link
- download the program by pressing the green DOWNLOAD button
- set up Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Run Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take your time to get familiar with Advanced Uninstaller PRO's interface and number of functions available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very useful program.
3. Click on the General Tools category
4. Press the Uninstall Programs button
5. A list of the programs existing on your PC will be made available to you
6. Navigate the list of programs until you find Pinterest or simply click the Search feature and type in "Pinterest". If it is installed on your PC the Pinterest program will be found automatically. After you click Pinterest in the list of apps, the following information about the program is shown to you:
- Star rating (in the lower left corner). The star rating tells you the opinion other users have about Pinterest, ranging from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Opinions by other users - Click on the Read reviews button.
- Details about the program you wish to remove, by pressing the Properties button.
7. Click the Uninstall button. A confirmation dialog will appear. accept the uninstall by pressing the Uninstall button. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will then remove Pinterest.
8. After uninstalling Pinterest, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will ask you to run an additional cleanup. Press Next to start the cleanup. All the items of Pinterest that have been left behind will be detected and you will be asked if you want to delete them. By removing Pinterest using Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you can be sure that no registry entries, files or directories are left behind on your system.
Your PC will remain clean, speedy and able to take on new tasks.
The text above is not a recommendation to remove Pinterest by Pinterest from your PC, we are not saying that Pinterest by Pinterest is not a good application for your computer. This page only contains detailed info on how to remove Pinterest in case you decide this is what you want to do. The information above contains registry and disk entries that our application Advanced Uninstaller PRO discovered and classified as "leftovers" on other users' PCs. Disclaimer
Last update on: 2016-09-30 22:18:45.687