This web page is about Google Updater for Windows. Below you can find details on how to uninstall it from your computer. It was created for Windows by How to uninstall Google Updater from your systemGoogle Inc.
. You can read more on Google Inc. or check for application updates here
. Usually the Google Updater application is found in the C:\Program Files\Google\Google Updater directory, depending on the user's option during install. C:\Program Files\Google\Google Updater\GoogleUpdater.exe is the full command line if you want to uninstall Google Updater. GoogleUpdaterRestartManager.exe is the Google Updater's primary executable file and it takes about 156.98 KB (160752 bytes) on disk.
The following executables are installed along with Google Updater. They take about 880.92 KB (902064
bytes) on disk.
- GoogleUpdaterRestartManager.exe (156.98 KB)
- GoogleUpdaterAdminPrefs.exe (223.48 KB)
- GoogleUpdaterInstallMgr.exe (168.98 KB)
- GoogleUpdaterSetup.exe (174.48 KB)
The current page applies to Google Updater version 2.4.1739.5352
only. You can find here a few links to other Google Updater versions:
...click to view all...
Following the uninstall process, the application leaves some files behind on the computer. Part_A few of these are listed below.You should delete the folders below after you uninstall Google Updater:
The files below are left behind on your disk by Google Updater when you uninstall it:
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Google Updater
- C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Google Updater
Use regedit.exe to manually remove from the Windows Registry the data below:
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Google Updater\2.4.1739.5352\bg\cires.dll.mui
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Google Updater\2.4.1739.5352\ci.dll
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Google Updater\2.4.1739.5352\cires.dll
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Google Updater\2.4.1739.5352\cs\cires.dll.mui
Supplementary registry values that are not cleaned:
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Google\Google Updater
Google Updater is a program released by the software company Google Inc.. Some computer users want to remove this program. Sometimes this is easier said than done because performing this manually takes some know-how regarding PCs. The best SIMPLE approach to remove Google Updater is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take the following steps on how to do this: A way to delete Google Updater from your PC with Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO on your system, add it. This is a good step because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very useful uninstaller and general tool to optimize your PC.DOWNLOAD NOW
- go to http://www.advanceduninstaller.com/download/
- download the setup by pressing the green DOWNLOAD NOW button
- set up Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Start Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take some time to get familiar with the program's design and wealth of features available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very good package of utilities.
3. Press the General Tools category
4. Click on the Uninstall Programs tool
5. All the programs installed on the PC will be made available to you
6. Navigate the list of programs until you locate Google Updater or simply click the Search feature and type in "Google Updater". If it is installed on your PC the Google Updater application will be found very quickly. Notice that after you select Google Updater in the list , some information regarding the application is shown to you:
- Star rating (in the left lower corner). The star rating tells you the opinion other users have regarding Google Updater, from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Reviews by other users - Press the Read reviews button.
- Technical information regarding the application you want to uninstall, by pressing the Properties button.
7. Press the Uninstall button. A window asking you to confirm will show up. Confirm the removal by clicking the Uninstall button. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will automatically uninstall Google Updater.
8. After removing Google Updater, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will ask you to run a cleanup. Press Next to start the cleanup. All the items that belong Google Updater which have been left behind will be detected and you will be able to delete them. By uninstalling Google Updater using Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you are assured that no Windows registry items, files or folders are left behind on your PC.
Your Windows PC will remain clean, speedy and ready to run without errors or problems.DOWNLOAD NOW
Geographical user distribution
This page is not a piece of advice to uninstall Google Updater by Google Inc. from your PC, nor are we saying that Google Updater by Google Inc. is not a good application for your PC. This page simply contains detailed info on how to uninstall Google Updater supposing you decide this is what you want to do. The information above contains registry and disk entries that Advanced Uninstaller PRO stumbled upon and classified as "leftovers" on other users' PCs.
Last update on: 2016-06-24 02:39:29.753