This page is about GOM Player for Windows. Here you can find details on how to uninstall it from your PC. It is produced by How to uninstall GOM Player from your systemGretech Corporation
. Open here
for more information on Gretech Corporation. Please open http://player.gomlab.com/eng/support/supportcenter/
if you want to read more on GOM Player on Gretech Corporation's page. The program is often found in the C:\Program Files\GRETECH\GomPlayer directory (same installation drive as Windows). You can uninstall GOM Player by clicking on the Start menu of Windows and pasting the command line C:\Program Files\GRETECH\GomPlayer\Uninstall.exe. Note that you might be prompted for admin rights. The program's main executable file is called GOM.EXE and it has a size of 8.31 MB (8717400 bytes).
GOM Player installs the following the executables on your PC, occupying about 10.35 MB (10852333
bytes) on disk.
...click to view all...
- GOM.EXE (8.31 MB)
- GrLauncher.exe (1.83 MB)
- KillGom.exe (3.50 KB)
- RtParser.exe (17.63 KB)
- ShellRegister.exe (4.50 KB)
- srt2smi.exe (46.17 KB)
- Uninstall.exe (135.99 KB)
The information on this page is only about version 188.8.131.5211
of GOM Player. You can find here a few links to other GOM Player versions:
...click to view all...
GOM Player has the habit of leaving behind some leftovers.Files remaining:
You will find in the Windows Registry that the following keys will not be removed; remove them one by one using regedit.exe:
- C:\UserNames\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\GOM Player.lnk
- C:\UserNames\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\GOM Player.lnk
Open regedit.exe in order to delete the following registry values:
- HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\DVD\shell\Play with GOM Player
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Tracing\GOM Player 2_RASAPI32
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Tracing\GOM Player 2_RASMANCS
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\GOM Player
- HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\MuiCache\C:\Program Files (x86)\GRETECH\GomPlayer\GOM.EXE
GOM Player is an application marketed by Gretech Corporation. Frequently, people choose to erase this application. This is efortful because doing this manually takes some knowledge related to removing Windows programs manually. One of the best SIMPLE practice to erase GOM Player is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take the following steps on how to do this: How to erase GOM Player using Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO on your PC, install it. This is good because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is an efficient uninstaller and general utility to take care of your computer.DOWNLOAD NOW
- navigate to http://www.advanceduninstaller.com/download/
- download the setup by clicking on the DOWNLOAD NOW button
- install Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Start Advanced Uninstaller PRO. It's recommended to take your time to get familiar with the program's design and number of tools available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very useful PC management program.
3. Press the General Tools category
4. Click on the Uninstall Programs tool
5. All the applications existing on the computer will be shown to you
6. Navigate the list of applications until you find GOM Player or simply click the Search field and type in "GOM Player". If it exists on your system the GOM Player application will be found very quickly. Notice that after you select GOM Player in the list of programs, some data regarding the application is available to you:
- Star rating (in the left lower corner). The star rating tells you the opinion other users have regarding GOM Player, from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Opinions by other users - Press the Read reviews button.
- Details regarding the program you are about to remove, by clicking on the Properties button.
For example you can see that for GOM Player:
- The web site of the application is: http://player.gomlab.com/eng/support/supportcenter/
- The uninstall string is: C:\Program Files\GRETECH\GomPlayer\Uninstall.exe
7. Click the Uninstall button. A window asking you to confirm will appear. Confirm the uninstall by pressing Uninstall. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will then uninstall GOM Player.
8. After removing GOM Player, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will ask you to run a cleanup. Click Next to perform the cleanup. All the items that belong GOM Player which have been left behind will be detected and you will be able to delete them. By uninstalling GOM Player with Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you are assured that no registry items, files or folders are left behind on your PC.
Your system will remain clean, speedy and ready to run without errors or problems.DOWNLOAD NOW
Geographical user distribution
This page is not a recommendation to uninstall GOM Player by Gretech Corporation from your PC, nor are we saying that GOM Player by Gretech Corporation is not a good application. This page simply contains detailed info on how to uninstall GOM Player in case you decide this is what you want to do. Here you can find registry and disk entries that our application Advanced Uninstaller PRO stumbled upon and classified as "leftovers" on other users' computers.
Last update on: 2016-06-19 03:05:50.807