This web page contains complete information on how to uninstall PotPlayer for Windows. It is made by How to uninstall PotPlayer from your computerKakao Corp.
. More information on Kakao Corp. can be found here
. PotPlayer is usually set up in the C:\Program Files\DAUM\PotPlayer folder, but this location may differ a lot depending on the user's choice when installing the program. C:\Program Files\DAUM\PotPlayer\uninstall.exe is the full command line if you want to remove PotPlayer. The application's main executable file occupies 232.44 KB (238016 bytes) on disk and is called PotPlayerMini.exe.
PotPlayer is comprised of the following executables which occupy 1.50 MB (1575535
bytes) on disk:
...click to view all...
- DesktopHook.exe (80.44 KB)
- DesktopHook64.exe (94.94 KB)
- DTDrop.exe (133.44 KB)
- D_Exec.exe (48.44 KB)
- KillPot.exe (76.93 KB)
- PotPlayerMini.exe (232.44 KB)
- uninstall.exe (242.49 KB)
- WebSource.exe (629.50 KB)
The current page applies to PotPlayer version 1.7.13963
only. Click on the links below for other PotPlayer versions:
...click to view all...
PotPlayer has the habit of leaving behind some leftovers.Directories that were left behind:
The files below are left behind on your disk by PotPlayer's application uninstaller when you removed it:
- C:\Program Files\DAUM\PotPlayer
You will find in the Windows Registry that the following keys will not be uninstalled; remove them one by one using regedit.exe:
- C:\Program Files\DAUM\PotPlayer\FileList.txt
- C:\Program Files\DAUM\PotPlayer\IconPack\OldIconPack.dll
- C:\Program Files\DAUM\PotPlayer\IconPack\PotIconsNew.dll
- C:\Program Files\DAUM\PotPlayer\Module\FFmpeg\FFmpeg.dll
- C:\Program Files\DAUM\PotPlayer\Module\libmfxsw32.dll
- C:\Program Files\DAUM\PotPlayer\Module\OpenCodec\OpenCodecUnity.dll
- C:\Program Files\DAUM\PotPlayer\PxShader\Adaptive sharpen.txt
- C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\PotPlayer.lnk
Use regedit.exe to delete the following additional values from the Windows Registry:
- HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\MuiCache\C:\Program Files\DAUM\PotPlayer\PotPlayerMini.exe
PotPlayer is an application by Kakao Corp.. Sometimes, computer users choose to remove this application. Sometimes this can be hard because uninstalling this manually takes some knowledge related to PCs. One of the best QUICK action to remove PotPlayer is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Here are some detailed instructions about how to do this: How to erase PotPlayer from your computer with the help of Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO on your Windows system, install it. This is good because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very efficient uninstaller and all around tool to clean your Windows system.DOWNLOAD NOW
- navigate to Download Link
- download the program by clicking on the DOWNLOAD button
- install Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Start Advanced Uninstaller PRO. It's recommended to take your time to get familiar with the program's design and wealth of features available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very useful system utility.
3. Press the General Tools button
4. Click on the Uninstall Programs feature
5. All the programs existing on your PC will appear
6. Navigate the list of programs until you locate PotPlayer or simply activate the Search feature and type in "PotPlayer". The PotPlayer program will be found automatically. When you select PotPlayer in the list of apps, the following data regarding the application is available to you:
- Safety rating (in the lower left corner). This explains the opinion other people have regarding PotPlayer, from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Reviews by other people - Press the Read reviews button.
- Technical information regarding the application you want to remove, by clicking on the Properties button.
7. Click the Uninstall button. A window asking you to confirm will appear. accept the removal by clicking the Uninstall button. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will automatically uninstall PotPlayer.
8. After removing PotPlayer, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will ask you to run a cleanup. Click Next to start the cleanup. All the items that belong PotPlayer that have been left behind will be detected and you will be asked if you want to delete them. By removing PotPlayer with Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you can be sure that no registry items, files or directories are left behind on your system.
Your computer will remain clean, speedy and able to serve you properly.
The text above is not a piece of advice to remove PotPlayer by Kakao Corp. from your computer, we are not saying that PotPlayer by Kakao Corp. is not a good application for your PC. This page simply contains detailed instructions on how to remove PotPlayer supposing you decide this is what you want to do. The information above contains registry and disk entries that other software left behind and Advanced Uninstaller PRO discovered and classified as "leftovers" on other users' PCs. Disclaimer
Last update on: 2018-08-29 21:45:25.520