McAfee Internet Security
You can find on this page details on how to remove McAfee Internet Security for Windows. It was coded for Windows by A guide to uninstall McAfee Internet Security from your systemMcAfee, Inc.
. More information about McAfee, Inc. can be found here
. Usually the McAfee Internet Security program is to be found in the C:\Program Files\McAfee folder, depending on the user's option during install. C:\Program Files\McAfee\MSC\mcuihost.exe /body:misp://MSCJsRes.dll::uninstall.html /id:uninstall is the full command line if you want to uninstall McAfee Internet Security. firesvc.exe is the McAfee Internet Security's main executable file and it takes circa 71.79 KB (73512 bytes) on disk.
McAfee Internet Security installs the following the executables on your PC, taking about 15.81 MB (16579040
bytes) on disk.
...click to view all...
- firesvc.exe (71.79 KB)
- MpfAlert.exe (605.36 KB)
- McAlert.exe (322.74 KB)
- QcCons32.exe (235.23 KB)
- QcConsol.exe (270.46 KB)
- QcShm.exe (978.06 KB)
- ShrCL.exe (125.59 KB)
- CompatibilityTester.exe (549.86 KB)
- EarlyActivation.exe (93.46 KB)
- McActInst.exe (142.22 KB)
- McAPExe.exe (173.88 KB)
- McAWFwk.exe (324.30 KB)
- McBootSvcSet.exe (311.67 KB)
- mcinfo.exe (962.97 KB)
- McInstru.exe (297.63 KB)
- mcmigrator.exe (508.32 KB)
- mcoemmgr.exe (1.08 MB)
- mcsvrcnt.exe (1.04 MB)
- mcsync.exe (1.69 MB)
- mcuihost.exe (918.71 KB)
- mcupdmgr.exe (1.50 MB)
- mispreg.exe (698.42 KB)
- mcocrollback.exe (535.48 KB)
- mskxagnt.exe (222.63 KB)
- McSmtFwk.exe (124.63 KB)
- McInsUpd.exe (173.95 KB)
- mcods.exe (588.81 KB)
- mcodsscan.exe (487.68 KB)
- McVsMap.exe (197.97 KB)
- McVsShld.exe (453.47 KB)
- MVsInst.exe (370.50 KB)
The information on this page is only about version 12.8.903
of McAfee Internet Security. For other McAfee Internet Security versions please click below:
...click to view all...
After the uninstall process, the application leaves leftovers on the PC. Part_A few of these are listed below.Folders found on disk after you uninstall McAfee Internet Security from your computer:The files below are left behind on your disk when you remove McAfee Internet Security:
Frequently the following registry data will not be cleaned:
- C:\Program Files\mcafee\gkp\content.bin
- C:\Program Files\mcafee\gkp\firesvc.exe
- C:\Program Files\mcafee\gkp\Gkp.dll
- C:\Program Files\mcafee\gkp\HcApi.dll
Open regedit.exe in order to delete the following registry values:
McAfee Internet Security is an application marketed by McAfee, Inc.. Frequently, computer users decide to erase it. This can be hard because uninstalling this manually requires some advanced knowledge related to Windows internal functioning. One of the best QUICK manner to erase McAfee Internet Security is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Here is how to do this: How to delete McAfee Internet Security from your computer with Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO on your system, add it. This is a good step because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is one of the best uninstaller and general utility to take care of your computer.DOWNLOAD NOW
- go to http://www.advanceduninstaller.com/download/
- download the setup by pressing the green DOWNLOAD button
- set up Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Run Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take some time to get familiar with the program's interface and number of functions available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very good program.
3. Press the General Tools category
4. Activate the Uninstall Programs tool
5. A list of the programs existing on the computer will appear
6. Scroll the list of programs until you find McAfee Internet Security or simply activate the Search feature and type in "McAfee Internet Security". The McAfee Internet Security program will be found very quickly. When you select McAfee Internet Security in the list of applications, the following data about the program is available to you:
- Star rating (in the left lower corner). The star rating tells you the opinion other users have about McAfee Internet Security, ranging from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Reviews by other users - Press the Read reviews button.
- Details about the program you want to remove, by pressing the Properties button.
7. Press the Uninstall button. A confirmation page will come up. Confirm the removal by pressing Uninstall. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will automatically uninstall McAfee Internet Security.
8. After uninstalling McAfee Internet Security, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will offer to run an additional cleanup. Press Next to start the cleanup. All the items that belong McAfee Internet Security which have been left behind will be detected and you will be asked if you want to delete them. By removing McAfee Internet Security with Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you can be sure that no registry items, files or folders are left behind on your computer.
Your PC will remain clean, speedy and ready to serve you properly.DOWNLOAD NOW
Geographical user distribution
This page is not a recommendation to uninstall McAfee Internet Security by McAfee, Inc. from your computer, we are not saying that McAfee Internet Security by McAfee, Inc. is not a good software application. This text simply contains detailed info on how to uninstall McAfee Internet Security supposing you decide this is what you want to do. Here you can find registry and disk entries that other software left behind and Advanced Uninstaller PRO stumbled upon and classified as "leftovers" on other users' PCs.
Last update on: 2015-04-09 03:09:03.070