AIM for Windows
This page contains detailed information on how to remove AIM for Windows for Windows. The Windows release was developed by A guide to uninstall AIM for Windows from your PCAOL Inc.
. More information on AOL Inc. can be seen here
. Usually the AIM for Windows program is placed in the C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\AOL\AIM directory, depending on the user's option during setup. C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\AOL\AIM\uninstall.exe is the full command line if you want to uninstall AIM for Windows. The program's main executable file is titled aim.exe and its approximative size is 1.03 MB (1075552 bytes).
The following executable files are incorporated in AIM for Windows. They occupy 1.22 MB (1282736
bytes) on disk.
- aim.exe (1.03 MB)
- aolload.exe (10.33 KB)
- uninstall.exe (192.00 KB)
The information on this page is only about version 8.0
of AIM for Windows. You can find here a few links to other AIM for Windows versions:
A considerable amount of files, folders and registry data can not be removed when you remove AIM for Windows from your computer.Folders that were found:
Check for and delete the following files from your disk when you uninstall AIM for Windows:
- C:\UserNames\UserName\AppData\Local\AOL\AIM\cache\Local Storage\http_www.aim.com_0.localstorage
- C:\UserNames\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\AIM.lnk
AIM for Windows is an application by the software company AOL Inc.. Frequently, people want to erase this application. Sometimes this is easier said than done because uninstalling this by hand requires some experience related to removing Windows applications by hand. One of the best QUICK procedure to erase AIM for Windows is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Here is how to do this: A way to erase AIM for Windows with the help of Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO on your Windows system, install it. This is good because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very useful uninstaller and general utility to maximize the performance of your Windows PC.DOWNLOAD NOW
- go to Download Link
- download the program by clicking on the green DOWNLOAD button
- install Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Run Advanced Uninstaller PRO. It's recommended to take some time to get familiar with the program's interface and number of functions available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a powerful Windows tool.
3. Click on the General Tools button
4. Activate the Uninstall Programs tool
5. All the applications existing on the computer will appear
6. Scroll the list of applications until you find AIM for Windows or simply click the Search field and type in "AIM for Windows". The AIM for Windows application will be found very quickly. Notice that after you click AIM for Windows in the list of applications, some data regarding the application is made available to you:
- Star rating (in the lower left corner). The star rating tells you the opinion other users have regarding AIM for Windows, from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Opinions by other users - Click on the Read reviews button.
- Technical information regarding the program you are about to remove, by clicking on the Properties button.
7. Press the Uninstall button. A window asking you to confirm will appear. Confirm the removal by pressing Uninstall. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will automatically uninstall AIM for Windows.
8. After removing AIM for Windows, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will ask you to run a cleanup. Click Next to start the cleanup. All the items that belong AIM for Windows which have been left behind will be detected and you will be asked if you want to delete them. By removing AIM for Windows using Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you are assured that no Windows registry entries, files or folders are left behind on your PC.
Your Windows PC will remain clean, speedy and able to serve you properly.
Geographical user distribution
This page is not a piece of advice to remove AIM for Windows by AOL Inc. from your PC, we are not saying that AIM for Windows by AOL Inc. is not a good application for your PC. This text only contains detailed instructions on how to remove AIM for Windows in case you want to. Here you can find registry and disk entries that other software left behind and Advanced Uninstaller PRO stumbled upon and classified as "leftovers" on other users' PCs. Disclaimer
Last update on: 2016-06-20 23:36:45.080