AIM for Windows
You can find on this page details on how to uninstall AIM for Windows for Windows. It was developed for Windows by How to uninstall AIM for Windows from your computerAOL Inc.
. Go over here
for more details on AOL Inc.. AIM for Windows is typically set up in the C:\Documents and Settings\UserName\Local Settings\Application Data\AOL\AIM folder, but this location may differ a lot depending on the user's decision when installing the application. AIM for Windows's entire uninstall command line is C:\Documents and Settings\UserName\Local Settings\Application Data\AOL\AIM\Uninstall AIM.exe. aim.exe is the AIM for Windows's main executable file and it occupies around 1.20 MB (1263448 bytes) on disk.
AIM for Windows is composed of the following executables which occupy 1.64 MB (1719692
bytes) on disk:
- aim.exe (1.20 MB)
- aolload.exe (10.33 KB)
- Uninstall AIM.exe (435.22 KB)
For other AIM for Windows versions please click below:
When planning to uninstall AIM for Windows you should check if the following data is left behind on your PC.Check for and delete the following files from your disk when you uninstall AIM for Windows:
Additional values that you should remove:
- HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\MuiCache\C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\AOL\AIM\aim.exe
AIM for Windows is an application offered by the software company AOL Inc.. Frequently, users choose to remove this program. Sometimes this is efortful because doing this by hand requires some know-how regarding removing Windows applications by hand. One of the best QUICK procedure to remove AIM for Windows is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take the following steps on how to do this: A way to delete AIM for Windows from your computer with Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO already installed on your system, install it. This is good because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very efficient uninstaller and general utility to take care of your PC.DOWNLOAD NOW
- navigate to Download Link
- download the setup by pressing the green DOWNLOAD button
- set up Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Run Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take your time to admire the program's design and number of tools available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very useful Windows optimizer.
3. Press the General Tools button
4. Activate the Uninstall Programs tool
5. All the programs installed on your computer will appear
6. Scroll the list of programs until you locate AIM for Windows or simply activate the Search field and type in "AIM for Windows". If it exists on your system the AIM for Windows app will be found automatically. After you click AIM for Windows in the list , the following information about the application is available to you:
- Star rating (in the left lower corner). This explains the opinion other people have about AIM for Windows, from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Opinions by other people - Press the Read reviews button.
- Technical information about the app you are about to remove, by pressing the Properties button.
7. Click the Uninstall button. A confirmation page will come up. accept the uninstall by pressing the Uninstall button. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will automatically uninstall AIM for Windows.
8. After uninstalling AIM for Windows, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will ask you to run a cleanup. Press Next to proceed with the cleanup. All the items that belong AIM for Windows that have been left behind will be found and you will be asked if you want to delete them. By removing AIM for Windows with Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you are assured that no Windows registry entries, files or folders are left behind on your PC.
Your Windows system will remain clean, speedy and able to take on new tasks.
Geographical user distribution
This page is not a piece of advice to remove AIM for Windows by AOL Inc. from your computer, nor are we saying that AIM for Windows by AOL Inc. is not a good application. This text only contains detailed instructions on how to remove AIM for Windows in case you want to. Here you can find registry and disk entries that Advanced Uninstaller PRO discovered and classified as "leftovers" on other users' PCs. Disclaimer
Last update on: 2016-07-15 16:21:40.560