You can find on this page details on how to uninstall OOBE for Windows. It is written by A way to uninstall OOBE from your computerSony Corporation
. More info about Sony Corporation can be found here
. The application is often placed in the C:\Program Files\Sony\OOBE folder (same installation drive as Windows). OOBE's complete uninstall command line is RunDll32. The program's main executable file is labeled OOBEAppLauncher.exe and it has a size of 12.87 KB (13176 bytes).
The executables below are part of OOBE. They take an average of 1,019.30 KB (1043760
bytes) on disk.
...click to view all...
- OEMFirstRun.exe (33.37 KB)
- OOBEAppLauncher.exe (12.87 KB)
- OOBEReminder.exe (156.87 KB)
- OOBESendInfo.exe (56.87 KB)
- SymSilentOEM.exe (494.86 KB)
- XCopyDir.exe (4.50 KB)
The current web page applies to OOBE version 3.10.0630
only. For other OOBE versions please click below:
...click to view all...
If you are manually uninstalling OOBE we advise you to verify if the following data is left behind on your PC.Folders remaining:
Generally, the following files remain on disk:
- C:\Program Files\Sony\OOBE
Usually the following registry keys will not be cleaned:
- C:\Program Files\Sony\OOBE\64bit.txt
- C:\Program Files\Sony\OOBE\backstage-en-CA.rtf
- C:\Program Files\Sony\OOBE\backstage-en-US.rtf
- C:\Program Files\Sony\OOBE\backstage-fr-CA.rtf
Open regedit.exe to remove the registry values below from the Windows Registry:
OOBE is a program released by Sony Corporation. Sometimes, users try to uninstall it. This is efortful because removing this manually takes some skill related to Windows internal functioning. One of the best SIMPLE solution to uninstall OOBE is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Here is how to do this: A way to erase OOBE from your computer with the help of Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO already installed on your Windows PC, install it. This is good because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very useful uninstaller and all around utility to maximize the performance of your Windows system.DOWNLOAD NOW
- navigate to http://www.advanceduninstaller.com/download/
- download the setup by clicking on the green DOWNLOAD button
- set up Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Run Advanced Uninstaller PRO. It's recommended to take some time to get familiar with Advanced Uninstaller PRO's design and wealth of features available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a powerful Windows optimizer.
3. Press the General Tools button
4. Click on the Uninstall Programs feature
5. A list of the applications installed on your computer will appear
6. Navigate the list of applications until you find OOBE or simply activate the Search feature and type in "OOBE". If it is installed on your PC the OOBE app will be found automatically. Notice that after you select OOBE in the list of programs, the following information about the application is available to you:
- Safety rating (in the left lower corner). This explains the opinion other users have about OOBE, ranging from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Opinions by other users - Press the Read reviews button.
- Technical information about the application you wish to remove, by clicking on the Properties button.
7. Press the Uninstall button. A confirmation page will appear. accept the removal by pressing Uninstall. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will automatically remove OOBE.
8. After removing OOBE, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will offer to run a cleanup. Click Next to perform the cleanup. All the items of OOBE that have been left behind will be found and you will be asked if you want to delete them. By removing OOBE with Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you can be sure that no registry entries, files or directories are left behind on your system.
Your system will remain clean, speedy and ready to run without errors or problems.DOWNLOAD NOW
Geographical user distribution
This page is not a piece of advice to remove OOBE by Sony Corporation from your PC, we are not saying that OOBE by Sony Corporation is not a good application for your PC. This page only contains detailed instructions on how to remove OOBE supposing you want to. The information above contains registry and disk entries that our application Advanced Uninstaller PRO discovered and classified as "leftovers" on other users' computers.
Last update on: 2016-06-20 02:07:49.203