This info is about OOBE for Windows. Here you can find details on how to remove it from your computer. It was created for Windows by How to uninstall OOBE from your computerSony Corporation
. More data about Sony Corporation can be read here
. Usually the OOBE program is placed in the C:\Program Files\Sony\OOBE directory, depending on the user's option during install. OOBE's entire uninstall command line is RunDll32. The application's main executable file is labeled OOBEAppLauncher.exe and occupies 11.37 KB (11640 bytes).
OOBE is comprised of the following executables which occupy 930.30 KB (952624
bytes) on disk:
...click to view all...
- OEMFirstRun.exe (27.37 KB)
- OOBEAppLauncher.exe (11.37 KB)
- OOBEReminder.exe (156.87 KB)
- OOBESendInfo.exe (56.37 KB)
- SymSilentOEM.exe (421.86 KB)
- XCopyDir.exe (4.50 KB)
The current web page applies to OOBE version 3.00.0215
alone. For more OOBE versions please click below:
...click to view all...
After the uninstall process, the application leaves leftovers on the PC. Part_A few of these are listed below.Folders remaining:
The files below were left behind on your disk by OOBE's application uninstaller when you removed it:
- C:\Program Files\Sony\OOBE
You will find in the Windows Registry that the following data will not be uninstalled; remove them one by one using regedit.exe:
- C:\Program Files\Sony\OOBE\64bit.txt
- C:\Program Files\Sony\OOBE\backstage-en.rtf
- C:\Program Files\Sony\OOBE\chrome-en.wmv
- C:\Program Files\Sony\OOBE\chrome-es.wmv
Open regedit.exe to remove the values below from the Windows Registry:
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Sony\VAIO OOBE and Startup Assistant
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Sony Corporation\OOBE
OOBE is a program offered by Sony Corporation. Frequently, users choose to uninstall this application. Sometimes this is easier said than done because performing this by hand requires some advanced knowledge regarding PCs. The best EASY practice to uninstall OOBE is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Here are some detailed instructions about how to do this: How to delete OOBE from your PC using Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO on your system, add it. This is good because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very efficient uninstaller and general tool to optimize your system.DOWNLOAD NOW
- navigate to http://www.advanceduninstaller.com/download/
- download the program by pressing the green DOWNLOAD NOW button
- set up Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Start Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take your time to get familiar with Advanced Uninstaller PRO's design and number of tools available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a powerful system utility.
3. Press the General Tools category
4. Activate the Uninstall Programs button
5. All the programs installed on your computer will appear
6. Scroll the list of programs until you locate OOBE or simply activate the Search feature and type in "OOBE". If it is installed on your PC the OOBE app will be found very quickly. After you click OOBE in the list , some information about the program is available to you:
- Star rating (in the lower left corner). This tells you the opinion other users have about OOBE, from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Opinions by other users - Press the Read reviews button.
- Details about the application you are about to uninstall, by pressing the Properties button.
7. Press the Uninstall button. A confirmation dialog will appear. accept the removal by clicking Uninstall. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will uninstall OOBE.
8. After uninstalling OOBE, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will offer to run an additional cleanup. Click Next to go ahead with the cleanup. All the items of OOBE which have been left behind will be detected and you will be able to delete them. By removing OOBE using Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you are assured that no Windows registry items, files or folders are left behind on your disk.
Your Windows computer will remain clean, speedy and able to take on new tasks.DOWNLOAD NOW
Geographical user distribution
This page is not a piece of advice to uninstall OOBE by Sony Corporation from your PC, we are not saying that OOBE by Sony Corporation is not a good application. This text only contains detailed info on how to uninstall OOBE supposing you decide this is what you want to do. The information above contains registry and disk entries that our application Advanced Uninstaller PRO stumbled upon and classified as "leftovers" on other users' computers.
Last update on: 2016-06-21 12:37:07.803