CNET TechTracker is a software application. This page holds details on how to uninstall it from your computer. It was developed for Windows by A guide to uninstall CNET TechTracker from your computerCBS Interactive
. Go over here
for more info on CBS Interactive. More information about CNET TechTracker can be seen at http://www.cnet.com/techtracker
. The program is usually found in the C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\CBS Interactive\CNET TechTracker folder (same installation drive as Windows). C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\CBS Interactive\CNET TechTracker\uninst.exe is the full command line if you want to remove CNET TechTracker. The application's main executable file has a size of 2.50 MB (2624512 bytes) on disk and is named TechTracker.exe.
CNET TechTracker installs the following the executables on your PC, occupying about 2.60 MB (2724680
bytes) on disk.
- TechTracker.exe (2.50 MB)
- uninst.exe (97.82 KB)
This info is about CNET TechTracker version 2.0.4
alone. You can find below info on other versions of CNET TechTracker:
...click to view all...
Numerous files, folders and registry entries will not be uninstalled when you want to remove CNET TechTracker from your PC.Folders left behind when you uninstall CNET TechTracker:
The files below remain on your disk by CNET TechTracker's application uninstaller when you removed it:
- C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\CBS Interactive\CNET TechTracker
- C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\CNET TechTracker
Frequently the following registry keys will not be removed:
- C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\CBS Interactive\CNET TechTracker\config.xml
- C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\CBS Interactive\CNET TechTracker\data\submit.xml
- C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\CBS Interactive\CNET TechTracker\data\temp.html
- C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\CBS Interactive\CNET TechTracker\exclusions.xml
Registry values that are not removed from your PC:
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\CBS Interactive\CNET TechTracker
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\CNET TechTracker
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Wow6432Node\CBS Interactive\CNET TechTracker
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\CNET TechTracker\DisplayIcon
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\CNET TechTracker\DisplayName
CNET TechTracker is a program offered by CBS Interactive. Sometimes, computer users try to remove this application. Sometimes this is efortful because removing this manually requires some experience regarding Windows program uninstallation. One of the best EASY action to remove CNET TechTracker is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Here are some detailed instructions about how to do this: A way to remove CNET TechTracker from your computer using Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO on your PC, add it. This is good because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very useful uninstaller and general utility to maximize the performance of your PC.DOWNLOAD NOW
- navigate to http://www.advanceduninstaller.com/download/
- download the setup by pressing the green DOWNLOAD button
- install Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Run Advanced Uninstaller PRO. It's recommended to take your time to get familiar with the program's interface and number of tools available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very good program.
3. Press the General Tools category
4. Press the Uninstall Programs tool
5. All the programs installed on the PC will appear
6. Navigate the list of programs until you locate CNET TechTracker or simply click the Search field and type in "CNET TechTracker". If it is installed on your PC the CNET TechTracker program will be found automatically. When you select CNET TechTracker in the list , the following data regarding the application is available to you:
- Star rating (in the left lower corner). This tells you the opinion other users have regarding CNET TechTracker, ranging from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Reviews by other users - Press the Read reviews button.
- Technical information regarding the app you wish to uninstall, by pressing the Properties button.
For example you can see that for CNET TechTracker:
- The publisher is: http://www.cnet.com/techtracker
- The uninstall string is: C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\CBS Interactive\CNET TechTracker\uninst.exe
7. Press the Uninstall button. A confirmation window will appear. accept the uninstall by clicking the Uninstall button. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will automatically remove CNET TechTracker.
8. After uninstalling CNET TechTracker, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will offer to run an additional cleanup. Click Next to proceed with the cleanup. All the items of CNET TechTracker that have been left behind will be detected and you will be asked if you want to delete them. By uninstalling CNET TechTracker using Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you can be sure that no Windows registry entries, files or folders are left behind on your system.
Your Windows PC will remain clean, speedy and ready to take on new tasks.DOWNLOAD NOW
Geographical user distribution
This page is not a piece of advice to uninstall CNET TechTracker by CBS Interactive from your computer, nor are we saying that CNET TechTracker by CBS Interactive is not a good application. This page only contains detailed info on how to uninstall CNET TechTracker in case you want to. Here you can find registry and disk entries that other software left behind and Advanced Uninstaller PRO discovered and classified as "leftovers" on other users' PCs.
Last update on: 2016-06-19 13:46:19.560