You can find below detailed information on how to remove Zune for Windows. The Windows version was created by How to uninstall Zune from your computerMicrosoft Corporation
. You can find out more on Microsoft Corporation or check for application updates here
. The program is often found in the C:\Program Files\Zune directory (same installation drive as Windows). The full uninstall command line for Zune is C:\Program Files\Zune\ZuneSetup.exe /x. The program's main executable file is named Zune.exe and its approximative size is 218.23 KB (223472 bytes).
Zune contains of the executables below. They take 10.17 MB (10664560
bytes) on disk.
...click to view all...
- WMZuneComm.exe (299.23 KB)
- Zune.exe (218.23 KB)
- ZuneConfig.exe (55.23 KB)
- ZuneEnc.exe (37.73 KB)
- ZuneHost.exe (213.73 KB)
- ZuneLauncher.exe (159.73 KB)
- ZuneNss.exe (7.87 MB)
- ZuneSetup.exe (1.32 MB)
- ZuneShare.exe (17.23 KB)
The current page applies to Zune version 04.07.1404.00
only. You can find below info on other versions of Zune:
...click to view all...
If you are manually uninstalling Zune we suggest you to verify if the following data is left behind on your PC.Folders left behind when you uninstall Zune:
The files below were left behind on your disk by Zune's application uninstaller when you removed it:
- C:\Documents and Settings\UserName\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Zune
- C:\Program Files\Zune
You will find in the Windows Registry that the following data will not be uninstalled; remove them one by one using regedit.exe:
- C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Desktop\Zune.lnk
- C:\Documents and Settings\UserName\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Zune\DownloadStore.dat
- C:\Documents and Settings\UserName\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Zune\Transcoded Files Cache\00118D.tmp
- C:\Documents and Settings\UserName\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Zune\Transcoded Files Cache\005421.tmp
Additional values that you should delete:
- HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Installer\Assemblies\c:|Program Files|Zune|Zune.exe
- HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Installer\Win32Assemblies\c:|Program Files|Zune|Zune.exe
Zune is an application by the software company Microsoft Corporation. Sometimes, computer users want to erase this program. Sometimes this is difficult because removing this by hand requires some advanced knowledge regarding Windows program uninstallation. The best SIMPLE procedure to erase Zune is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Here is how to do this: A way to uninstall Zune using Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO on your Windows system, add it. This is a good step because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is the best uninstaller and general tool to take care of your Windows PC.DOWNLOAD NOW
- navigate to http://www.advanceduninstaller.com/download/
- download the setup by clicking on the DOWNLOAD button
- install Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Run Advanced Uninstaller PRO. It's recommended to take some time to admire the program's design and wealth of functions available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very good system optimizer.
3. Click on the General Tools category
4. Click on the Uninstall Programs feature
5. All the programs installed on the PC will appear
6. Scroll the list of programs until you find Zune or simply click the Search feature and type in "Zune". If it is installed on your PC the Zune application will be found automatically. Notice that after you select Zune in the list of apps, the following information about the program is available to you:
- Star rating (in the left lower corner). The star rating explains the opinion other people have about Zune, from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Opinions by other people - Click on the Read reviews button.
- Details about the application you are about to uninstall, by clicking on the Properties button.
7. Press the Uninstall button. A confirmation window will come up. accept the removal by pressing Uninstall. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will remove Zune.
8. After uninstalling Zune, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will offer to run an additional cleanup. Press Next to proceed with the cleanup. All the items that belong Zune that have been left behind will be found and you will be able to delete them. By uninstalling Zune using Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you are assured that no registry items, files or directories are left behind on your computer.
Your PC will remain clean, speedy and ready to run without errors or problems.DOWNLOAD NOW
Geographical user distribution
The text above is not a recommendation to uninstall Zune by Microsoft Corporation from your PC, we are not saying that Zune by Microsoft Corporation is not a good software application. This text only contains detailed instructions on how to uninstall Zune supposing you want to. Here you can find registry and disk entries that our application Advanced Uninstaller PRO stumbled upon and classified as "leftovers" on other users' PCs.
Last update on: 2016-07-09 02:02:39.700