This web page contains detailed information on how to uninstall Secure Folder for Windows. The Windows version was created by How to uninstall Secure Folder from your PCSubiSoft Softwares
. You can read more on SubiSoft Softwares or check for application updates here
. Please follow http://www.subisoft.net/securefolder.aspx
if you want to read more on Secure Folder on SubiSoft Softwares's page. The program is often found in the C:\Program Files (x86)\SubiSoft\Secure Folder folder. Take into account that this location can differ being determined by the user's decision. You can remove Secure Folder by clicking on the Start menu of Windows and pasting the command line C:\Program Files (x86)\SubiSoft\Secure Folder\SecureFolder.exe /Uninstall. Note that you might be prompted for administrator rights. The application's main executable file has a size of 652.00 KB (667648 bytes) on disk and is labeled SecureFolder.exe.
Secure Folder installs the following the executables on your PC, occupying about 1.31 MB (1374720
bytes) on disk.
...click to view all...
- ComputeHash.exe (79.50 KB)
- PowerSwitch.exe (290.00 KB)
- ScreenCapture.exe (65.50 KB)
- SecureFolder.exe (652.00 KB)
- ShortcutKeys.exe (104.50 KB)
- StartUpManager.exe (151.00 KB)
The current page applies to Secure Folder version 22.214.171.124
only. Click on the links below for other Secure Folder versions:
...click to view all...
Several files, folders and registry data can not be removed when you are trying to remove Secure Folder from your PC.Directories left on disk:
The files below remain on your disk by Secure Folder's application uninstaller when you removed it:
- C:\Program Files\Users\UserName\Computer\Computer Software\Secure Folder
- C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Secure Folder
Registry that is not removed:
- C:\Program Files\Users\UserName\Computer\Computer Software\Secure Folder\Blue.ico
- C:\Program Files\Users\UserName\Computer\Computer Software\Secure Folder\ComputeHash.exe
- C:\Program Files\Users\UserName\Computer\Computer Software\Secure Folder\EncryptedFile.ico
- C:\Program Files\Users\UserName\Computer\Computer Software\Secure Folder\Facebook.url
Open regedit.exe to remove the registry values below from the Windows Registry:
- HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shell\[Lock/Unlock] with Secure Folder
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SubiSoft\Secure Folder
- HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shell\[Lock/Unlock] with Secure Folder\Icon
- HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shell\[Lock/Unlock] with Secure Folder\command\
Secure Folder is a program offered by SubiSoft Softwares. Some users try to remove it. This is troublesome because doing this by hand requires some experience regarding Windows internal functioning. One of the best SIMPLE solution to remove Secure Folder is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Here are some detailed instructions about how to do this: How to erase Secure Folder from your computer using Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO already installed on your Windows system, install it. This is good because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very efficient uninstaller and general utility to take care of your Windows PC.DOWNLOAD NOW
- navigate to Download Link
- download the setup by pressing the green DOWNLOAD NOW button
- set up Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Start Advanced Uninstaller PRO. It's recommended to take your time to get familiar with Advanced Uninstaller PRO's interface and number of features available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very useful system utility.
3. Click on the General Tools category
4. Activate the Uninstall Programs feature
5. A list of the applications installed on the computer will appear
6. Scroll the list of applications until you find Secure Folder or simply click the Search feature and type in "Secure Folder". If it is installed on your PC the Secure Folder program will be found automatically. After you select Secure Folder in the list of applications, the following information regarding the program is shown to you:
- Star rating (in the lower left corner). The star rating tells you the opinion other people have regarding Secure Folder, ranging from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Reviews by other people - Click on the Read reviews button.
- Details regarding the application you are about to remove, by pressing the Properties button.
For instance you can see that for Secure Folder:
- The publisher is: http://www.subisoft.net/securefolder.aspx
- The uninstall string is: C:\Program Files (x86)\SubiSoft\Secure Folder\SecureFolder.exe /Uninstall
7. Click the Uninstall button. A confirmation page will come up. accept the removal by pressing the Uninstall button. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will uninstall Secure Folder.
8. After uninstalling Secure Folder, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will ask you to run a cleanup. Press Next to start the cleanup. All the items of Secure Folder which have been left behind will be detected and you will be asked if you want to delete them. By uninstalling Secure Folder with Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you can be sure that no Windows registry entries, files or directories are left behind on your computer.
Your Windows PC will remain clean, speedy and able to take on new tasks.
Geographical user distribution
This page is not a recommendation to remove Secure Folder by SubiSoft Softwares from your PC, nor are we saying that Secure Folder by SubiSoft Softwares is not a good application. This page only contains detailed instructions on how to remove Secure Folder supposing you want to. The information above contains registry and disk entries that our application Advanced Uninstaller PRO stumbled upon and classified as "leftovers" on other users' PCs. Disclaimer
Last update on: 2016-07-29 06:55:24.867