McAfee SecurityCenter is a computer program. This page holds details on how to remove it from your computer. It is produced by How to uninstall McAfee SecurityCenter from your PCMcAfee, Inc.
. You can find out more on McAfee, Inc. or check for application updates here
. Usually the McAfee SecurityCenter program is installed in the C:\Program Files\McAfee directory, depending on the user's option during install. You can uninstall McAfee SecurityCenter by clicking on the Start menu of Windows and pasting the command line C:\Program Files\McAfee\MSC\mcuihost.exe /body:misp://MSCJsRes.dll::uninstall.html /id:uninstall. Note that you might get a notification for admin rights. firesvc.exe is the programs's main file and it takes about 72.26 KB (73992 bytes) on disk.
McAfee SecurityCenter is comprised of the following executables which occupy 14.34 MB (15033752
bytes) on disk:
...click to view all...
- firesvc.exe (72.26 KB)
- MpfAlert.exe (605.83 KB)
- McAlert.exe (307.12 KB)
- CompatibilityTester.exe (549.86 KB)
- McAPExe.exe (549.02 KB)
- mcinfo.exe (966.96 KB)
- McInstru.exe (343.33 KB)
- mcsvrcnt.exe (1.04 MB)
- mcsync.exe (1.73 MB)
- mcuihost.exe (916.16 KB)
- mcuninst.exe (1.08 MB)
- mispreg.exe (694.87 KB)
- mcocrollback.exe (425.32 KB)
- mcinst.exe (808.06 KB)
- McPartnerSAInstallManager.exe (269.88 KB)
- mfeasins_x64.exe (589.36 KB)
- mfeasins_x86.exe (487.75 KB)
- saInst.exe (673.73 KB)
- McSmtFwk.exe (124.66 KB)
- McInsUpd.exe (262.96 KB)
- mcods.exe (587.76 KB)
- mcodsscan.exe (485.63 KB)
- McVsMap.exe (194.41 KB)
- McVsShld.exe (453.44 KB)
- MVsInst.exe (365.95 KB)
The information on this page is only about version 13.6.1599
of McAfee SecurityCenter. For other McAfee SecurityCenter versions please click below:
...click to view all...
Following the uninstall process, the application leaves some files behind on the computer. Part_A few of these are shown below.You should delete the folders below after you uninstall McAfee SecurityCenter:Check for and delete the following files from your disk when you uninstall McAfee SecurityCenter:
Use regedit.exe to manually remove from the Windows Registry the data below:
- C:\Program Files\McAfee.com\Agent\mcagent.exe
- C:\Program Files\McAfee\Gkp\content.bin
- C:\Program Files\McAfee\Gkp\firesvc.exe
- C:\Program Files\McAfee\Gkp\Gkp.dll
Additional registry values that are not cleaned:
McAfee SecurityCenter is an application offered by the software company McAfee, Inc.. Some computer users decide to uninstall it. This is efortful because doing this by hand requires some knowledge regarding Windows internal functioning. The best EASY practice to uninstall McAfee SecurityCenter is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Here is how to do this: A way to uninstall McAfee SecurityCenter from your PC with Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO already installed on your system, install it. This is a good step because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very potent uninstaller and general tool to maximize the performance of your computer.DOWNLOAD NOW
- navigate to http://www.advanceduninstaller.com/download/
- download the setup by clicking on the DOWNLOAD NOW button
- install Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Start Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take some time to admire the program's design and number of functions available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a powerful program.
3. Press the General Tools category
4. Click on the Uninstall Programs feature
5. All the applications existing on the computer will be shown to you
6. Scroll the list of applications until you find McAfee SecurityCenter or simply activate the Search field and type in "McAfee SecurityCenter". If it exists on your system the McAfee SecurityCenter app will be found very quickly. Notice that after you select McAfee SecurityCenter in the list of applications, some information about the program is available to you:
- Safety rating (in the left lower corner). This explains the opinion other users have about McAfee SecurityCenter, ranging from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Reviews by other users - Press the Read reviews button.
- Technical information about the app you want to remove, by clicking on the Properties button.
7. Click the Uninstall button. A window asking you to confirm will show up. Confirm the removal by clicking the Uninstall button. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will uninstall McAfee SecurityCenter.
8. After removing McAfee SecurityCenter, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will ask you to run a cleanup. Press Next to perform the cleanup. All the items that belong McAfee SecurityCenter that have been left behind will be detected and you will be asked if you want to delete them. By removing McAfee SecurityCenter using Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you can be sure that no registry items, files or folders are left behind on your computer.
Your PC will remain clean, speedy and able to take on new tasks.DOWNLOAD NOW
Geographical user distribution
This page is not a piece of advice to uninstall McAfee SecurityCenter by McAfee, Inc. from your computer, nor are we saying that McAfee SecurityCenter by McAfee, Inc. is not a good application for your computer. This page simply contains detailed info on how to uninstall McAfee SecurityCenter supposing you want to. Here you can find registry and disk entries that Advanced Uninstaller PRO discovered and classified as "leftovers" on other users' computers.
Last update on: 2016-07-02 15:10:10.437