XP Codec Pack
This page is about XP Codec Pack for Windows. Below you can find details on how to remove it from your computer. The Windows version was developed by A way to uninstall XP Codec Pack from your PCXP Codec Pack team
. More data about XP Codec Pack team can be found here
. The program is often located in the C:\Program Files (x86)\XP Codec Pack directory. Take into account that this location can vary being determined by the user's preference. The full command line for removing XP Codec Pack is C:\Program Files (x86)\XP Codec Pack\Uninstall.exe. Note that if you will type this command in Start / Run Note you might get a notification for administrator rights. sherlock2.exe is the XP Codec Pack's main executable file and it occupies approximately 79.02 KB (80912 bytes) on disk.
XP Codec Pack is comprised of the following executables which take 9.02 MB (9454449
bytes) on disk:
...click to view all...
- Uninstall.exe (105.53 KB)
- ac3config.exe (100.50 KB)
- spdif_test.exe (198.50 KB)
- Updater32.exe (118.00 KB)
- mpc-hc.exe (8.43 MB)
- sherlock2.exe (79.02 KB)
The current page applies to XP Codec Pack version 2.5.7
alone. You can find below info on other releases of XP Codec Pack:
XP Codec Pack is an application by the software company XP Codec Pack team. Sometimes, computer users decide to uninstall this application. Sometimes this is easier said than done because removing this manually takes some know-how regarding Windows internal functioning. One of the best EASY procedure to uninstall XP Codec Pack is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Here is how to do this: How to erase XP Codec Pack from your PC with the help of Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO already installed on your Windows PC, add it. This is a good step because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is an efficient uninstaller and all around tool to take care of your Windows PC.DOWNLOAD NOW
- navigate to http://www.advanceduninstaller.com/download/
- download the setup by clicking on the green DOWNLOAD NOW button
- install Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Run Advanced Uninstaller PRO. It's recommended to take some time to admire Advanced Uninstaller PRO's interface and wealth of features available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very good Windows tool.
3. Click on the General Tools button
4. Click on the Uninstall Programs feature
5. A list of the applications installed on the computer will appear
6. Scroll the list of applications until you find XP Codec Pack or simply activate the Search field and type in "XP Codec Pack". If it exists on your system the XP Codec Pack app will be found automatically. Notice that when you click XP Codec Pack in the list of apps, some information about the application is available to you:
- Star rating (in the lower left corner). The star rating tells you the opinion other people have about XP Codec Pack, ranging from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Reviews by other people - Click on the Read reviews button.
- Technical information about the application you wish to remove, by clicking on the Properties button.
7. Press the Uninstall button. A confirmation page will show up. Confirm the removal by pressing the Uninstall button. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will uninstall XP Codec Pack.
8. After uninstalling XP Codec Pack, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will offer to run a cleanup. Click Next to perform the cleanup. All the items that belong XP Codec Pack which have been left behind will be detected and you will be asked if you want to delete them. By uninstalling XP Codec Pack with Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you are assured that no registry entries, files or directories are left behind on your system.
Your PC will remain clean, speedy and able to take on new tasks.DOWNLOAD NOW
Geographical user distribution
The text above is not a piece of advice to remove XP Codec Pack by XP Codec Pack team from your PC, nor are we saying that XP Codec Pack by XP Codec Pack team is not a good application for your PC. This text simply contains detailed info on how to remove XP Codec Pack supposing you want to. Here you can find registry and disk entries that Advanced Uninstaller PRO stumbled upon and classified as "leftovers" on other users' computers.
Last update on: 2016-07-17 17:15:33.503