This web page contains detailed information on how to remove Surfing Protection for Windows. It was created for Windows by A way to uninstall Surfing Protection from your systemIObit
. More info about IObit can be found here
. Please open http://www.iobit.com/
if you want to read more on Surfing Protection on IObit's web page. The program is often installed in the C:\Program Files (x86)\IObit\Surfing Protection folder (same installation drive as Windows). C:\Program Files (x86)\IObit\Surfing Protection\unins000.exe is the full command line if you want to remove Surfing Protection. PluginInstall.exe is the programs's main file and it takes around 1.19 MB (1251616 bytes) on disk.
The following executable files are contained in Surfing Protection. They take 4.54 MB (4759200
bytes) on disk.
- FFPluginCleaner.exe (927.28 KB)
- PluginInstall.exe (1.19 MB)
- SPUpdate.exe (1.30 MB)
- unins000.exe (1.14 MB)
The information on this page is only about version 1.0
of Surfing Protection. You can find below a few links to other Surfing Protection versions:
If you're planning to uninstall Surfing Protection you should check if the following data is left behind on your PC.Folders left behind when you uninstall Surfing Protection:
Check for and delete the following files from your disk when you uninstall Surfing Protection:
- C:\Program Files\IObit\Surfing Protection
Generally the following registry keys will not be uninstalled:
- C:\Program Files\IObit\Surfing Protection\Adblock\db\easylist.txt
- C:\Program Files\IObit\Surfing Protection\Adblock\db\WhiteList.txt
- C:\Program Files\IObit\Surfing Protection\BrowerProtect\ASCPlugin_Protection.dll
- C:\Program Files\IObit\Surfing Protection\BrowerProtect\firstname.lastname@example.org\chrome.manifest
- C:\Program Files\IObit\Surfing Protection\BrowerProtect\email@example.com\chrome\content\ascsurfingprotection.js
- C:\Program Files\IObit\Surfing Protection\BrowerProtect\firstname.lastname@example.org\chrome\content\imagemgr.js
- C:\Program Files\IObit\Surfing Protection\BrowerProtect\email@example.com\chrome\content\languagemgr.js
- C:\Program Files\IObit\Surfing Protection\BrowerProtect\firstname.lastname@example.org\chrome\content\protectpage.js
- C:\Program Files\IObit\Surfing Protection\BrowerProtect\email@example.com\chrome\content\searchresultmgr.js
- C:\Program Files\IObit\Surfing Protection\BrowerProtect\firstname.lastname@example.org\chrome\content\urlbaricon.js
- C:\Program Files\IObit\Surfing Protection\BrowerProtect\ASCUrlScanner.dll
- C:\Program Files\IObit\Surfing Protection\BrowerProtect\bbmegnmpleoagolcnjnejdacakedpcgd\1.0.0_0\Plugin\ASCPlugin_Protect.dll
- C:\Program Files\IObit\Surfing Protection\BrowerProtect\bbmegnmpleoagolcnjnejdacakedpcgd\1.0.0_0\Plugin\background.js
- C:\Program Files\IObit\Surfing Protection\BrowerProtect\bbmegnmpleoagolcnjnejdacakedpcgd\1.0.0_0\Plugin\Ex.js
- C:\Program Files\IObit\Surfing Protection\BrowerProtect\bbmegnmpleoagolcnjnejdacakedpcgd\1.0.0_0\Plugin\popup.js
- C:\Program Files\IObit\Surfing Protection\BrowerProtect\bbmegnmpleoagolcnjnejdacakedpcgd\1.0.0_0\Plugin\tips.js
- C:\Program Files\IObit\Surfing Protection\BrowerProtect\bbmegnmpleoagolcnjnejdacakedpcgd\1.0.0_0\Plugin\warning.js
- C:\Program Files\IObit\Surfing Protection\BrowerProtect\np_Asc_plugin.dll
- C:\Program Files\IObit\Surfing Protection\BrowerProtect\NPASCSafariPluginProtect.dll
- C:\Program Files\IObit\Surfing Protection\BrowerProtect\Safari_baidu_script.js
- C:\Program Files\IObit\Surfing Protection\BrowerProtect\script.js
- C:\Program Files\IObit\Surfing Protection\BrowerProtect\SPAD_script.js
- C:\Program Files\IObit\Surfing Protection\Database\ASCSpecialUrl.db
- C:\Program Files\IObit\Surfing Protection\Database\base_safe_browse_0119
- C:\Program Files\IObit\Surfing Protection\Database\base_upt_add
- C:\Program Files\IObit\Surfing Protection\Database\spupdate.utp
- C:\Program Files\IObit\Surfing Protection\DownErrorConfig.txt
- C:\Program Files\IObit\Surfing Protection\FFPluginCleaner.exe
- C:\Program Files\IObit\Surfing Protection\PluginInstall.exe
- C:\Program Files\IObit\Surfing Protection\SPUpdate.exe
- C:\Program Files\IObit\Surfing Protection\sqlite3.dll
- C:\Program Files\IObit\Surfing Protection\unins000.exe
- C:\Program Files\IObit\Surfing Protection\Update\Update.ini
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\IObit Surfing Protection_is1
Surfing Protection is a program offered by IObit. Some users choose to uninstall it. This can be difficult because uninstalling this by hand takes some experience related to removing Windows programs manually. The best QUICK way to uninstall Surfing Protection is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take the following steps on how to do this: A way to delete Surfing Protection from your computer with Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO on your Windows system, add it. This is good because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is the best uninstaller and general tool to optimize your Windows system.DOWNLOAD NOW
- visit http://www.advanceduninstaller.com/download/
- download the setup by clicking on the DOWNLOAD button
- set up Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Start Advanced Uninstaller PRO. It's recommended to take your time to get familiar with Advanced Uninstaller PRO's interface and number of functions available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very useful package of utilities.
3. Press the General Tools button
4. Click on the Uninstall Programs button
5. All the applications existing on the PC will be made available to you
6. Navigate the list of applications until you find Surfing Protection or simply click the Search field and type in "Surfing Protection". If it is installed on your PC the Surfing Protection application will be found automatically. Notice that when you select Surfing Protection in the list , some information regarding the program is available to you:
- Star rating (in the lower left corner). This explains the opinion other people have regarding Surfing Protection, from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Opinions by other people - Press the Read reviews button.
- Technical information regarding the app you want to uninstall, by clicking on the Properties button.
For example you can see that for Surfing Protection:
- The software company is: http://www.iobit.com/
- The uninstall string is: C:\Program Files (x86)\IObit\Surfing Protection\unins000.exe
7. Click the Uninstall button. A window asking you to confirm will appear. accept the uninstall by pressing Uninstall. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will then uninstall Surfing Protection.
8. After uninstalling Surfing Protection, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will ask you to run an additional cleanup. Press Next to proceed with the cleanup. All the items that belong Surfing Protection which have been left behind will be detected and you will be asked if you want to delete them. By uninstalling Surfing Protection using Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you are assured that no registry items, files or directories are left behind on your system.
Your computer will remain clean, speedy and ready to run without errors or problems.DOWNLOAD NOW
Geographical user distribution
This page is not a recommendation to uninstall Surfing Protection by IObit from your PC, we are not saying that Surfing Protection by IObit is not a good application. This text simply contains detailed instructions on how to uninstall Surfing Protection in case you decide this is what you want to do. The information above contains registry and disk entries that our application Advanced Uninstaller PRO discovered and classified as "leftovers" on other users' computers.
Last update on: 2016-06-18 20:38:12.200