Microsoft Security Essentials
Microsoft Security Essentials is a Windows program. Read more about how to uninstall it from your computer. It is written by How to uninstall Microsoft Security Essentials from your systemMicrosoft Corporation
. Check out here
where you can get more info on Microsoft Corporation. Please open http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=228940&mkt=en-us
if you want to read more on Microsoft Security Essentials on Microsoft Corporation's page. The program is often found in the C:\Program Files\Microsoft Security Client directory. Take into account that this path can vary being determined by the user's preference. You can remove Microsoft Security Essentials by clicking on the Start menu of Windows and pasting the command line C:\Program Files\Microsoft Security Client\Setup.exe /x. Keep in mind that you might get a notification for administrator rights. setup.exe is the programs's main file and it takes approximately 1.04 MB (1089920 bytes) on disk.
The following executables are installed along with Microsoft Security Essentials. They take about 4.46 MB (4676864
bytes) on disk.
...click to view all...
- MpCmdRun.exe (308.70 KB)
- MsMpEng.exe (12.50 KB)
- msseces.exe (1.21 MB)
- msseoobe.exe (591.38 KB)
- NisSrv.exe (285.05 KB)
- setup.exe (1.04 MB)
The information on this page is only about version 4.0.1512.0
of Microsoft Security Essentials. Click on the links below for other Microsoft Security Essentials versions:
...click to view all...
Microsoft Security Essentials is a program released by Microsoft Corporation. Sometimes, people choose to uninstall this application. Sometimes this can be troublesome because deleting this by hand takes some know-how related to Windows program uninstallation. One of the best QUICK practice to uninstall Microsoft Security Essentials is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Here is how to do this: How to delete Microsoft Security Essentials from your computer with the help of Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO already installed on your PC, install it. This is good because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is the best uninstaller and general utility to maximize the performance of your system.DOWNLOAD NOW
- visit http://www.advanceduninstaller.com/download/
- download the setup by clicking on the DOWNLOAD NOW button
- set up Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Run Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take your time to get familiar with Advanced Uninstaller PRO's interface and number of functions available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very useful package of utilities.
3. Click on the General Tools button
4. Activate the Uninstall Programs feature
5. All the applications existing on your PC will be made available to you
6. Scroll the list of applications until you locate Microsoft Security Essentials or simply activate the Search field and type in "Microsoft Security Essentials". The Microsoft Security Essentials application will be found automatically. After you select Microsoft Security Essentials in the list of applications, some information about the program is shown to you:
- Star rating (in the left lower corner). This explains the opinion other people have about Microsoft Security Essentials, from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Opinions by other people - Click on the Read reviews button.
- Details about the application you wish to uninstall, by clicking on the Properties button.
For instance you can see that for Microsoft Security Essentials:
- The software company is: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=228940&mkt=en-us
- The uninstall string is: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Security Client\Setup.exe /x
7. Press the Uninstall button. A confirmation window will show up. accept the removal by clicking the Uninstall button. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will then uninstall Microsoft Security Essentials.
8. After uninstalling Microsoft Security Essentials, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will ask you to run an additional cleanup. Click Next to start the cleanup. All the items of Microsoft Security Essentials which have been left behind will be found and you will be asked if you want to delete them. By removing Microsoft Security Essentials with Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you can be sure that no Windows registry items, files or folders are left behind on your disk.
Your Windows computer will remain clean, speedy and ready to take on new tasks.DOWNLOAD NOW
Geographical user distribution
The text above is not a piece of advice to remove Microsoft Security Essentials by Microsoft Corporation from your PC, we are not saying that Microsoft Security Essentials by Microsoft Corporation is not a good application for your computer. This page only contains detailed info on how to remove Microsoft Security Essentials in case you want to. Here you can find registry and disk entries that other software left behind and Advanced Uninstaller PRO discovered and classified as "leftovers" on other users' computers.
Last update on: 2015-05-23 00:38:19.647