Microsoft Security Essentials
Microsoft Security Essentials is a Windows application. Read more about how to remove it from your PC. The Windows release was developed by A guide to uninstall Microsoft Security Essentials from your PCMicrosoft Corporation
. You can find out more on Microsoft Corporation or check for application updates here
. More details about Microsoft Security Essentials can be seen at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=195291&mkt=en-us
. The application is frequently installed in the C:\Program Files\Microsoft Security Client folder. Keep in mind that this path can differ depending on the user's decision. The complete uninstall command line for Microsoft Security Essentials is C:\Program Files\Microsoft Security Client\Setup.exe /x. setup.exe is the Microsoft Security Essentials's main executable file and it occupies about 1,012.50 KB (1036800 bytes) on disk.
Microsoft Security Essentials is composed of the following executables which take 4.45 MB (4669200
bytes) on disk:
...click to view all...
- MpCmdRun.exe (339.71 KB)
- MsMpEng.exe (23.25 KB)
- msseces.exe (1.21 MB)
- msseoobe.exe (594.38 KB)
- NisSrv.exe (340.21 KB)
- setup.exe (1,012.50 KB)
The information on this page is only about version 4.4.304.0
of Microsoft Security Essentials. You can find below info on other releases of Microsoft Security Essentials:
...click to view all...
Microsoft Security Essentials has the habit of leaving behind some leftovers.Folders left behind when you uninstall Microsoft Security Essentials:
- C:\Program Files\Microsoft Security Client
Registry that is not cleaned:
- C:\Program Files\Microsoft Security Client\Backup\amd64\dw20shared.msi
- C:\Program Files\Microsoft Security Client\Backup\amd64\epp.msi
- C:\Program Files\Microsoft Security Client\Backup\amd64\setup.exe
- C:\Program Files\Microsoft Security Client\Backup\amd64\sqmapi.dll
- C:\Program Files\Microsoft Security Client\Backup\amd64\Windows6.0-KB981889-v2.msu
- C:\Program Files\Microsoft Security Client\Backup\amd64\Windows6.1-KB981889.msu
- C:\Program Files\Microsoft Security Client\Backup\en-us\EULA.RTF
- C:\Program Files\Microsoft Security Client\Backup\en-us\setupres.dll.mui
- C:\Program Files\Microsoft Security Client\Backup\EppManifest.dll
- C:\Program Files\Microsoft Security Client\Backup\setupres.dll
- C:\Program Files\Microsoft Security Client\en-us\EULA.RTF
- C:\Program Files\Microsoft Security Client\en-us\msseooberes.dll.mui
- C:\Program Files\Microsoft Security Client\MSESysprep.dll
- C:\Program Files\Microsoft Security Client\msseoobe.exe
- C:\Program Files\Microsoft Security Client\msseooberes.dll
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Microsoft Security Client
Microsoft Security Essentials is a program offered by Microsoft Corporation. Some people want to erase it. Sometimes this is hard because performing this by hand takes some skill related to Windows internal functioning. The best QUICK action to erase Microsoft Security Essentials is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Here are some detailed instructions about how to do this: A way to remove Microsoft Security Essentials from your computer using Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO on your Windows PC, install it. This is good because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is one of the best uninstaller and general tool to maximize the performance of your Windows PC.DOWNLOAD NOW
- go to http://www.advanceduninstaller.com/download/
- download the setup by pressing the DOWNLOAD NOW button
- set up Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Start Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take your time to get familiar with Advanced Uninstaller PRO's interface and wealth of features available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very useful system optimizer.
3. Click on the General Tools category
4. Press the Uninstall Programs button
5. A list of the programs existing on the computer will appear
6. Navigate the list of programs until you locate Microsoft Security Essentials or simply activate the Search field and type in "Microsoft Security Essentials". If it exists on your system the Microsoft Security Essentials application will be found very quickly. When you click Microsoft Security Essentials in the list of applications, some information regarding the application is available to you:
- Safety rating (in the lower left corner). This tells you the opinion other users have regarding Microsoft Security Essentials, from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Opinions by other users - Click on the Read reviews button.
- Technical information regarding the application you want to uninstall, by pressing the Properties button.
For instance you can see that for Microsoft Security Essentials:
- The publisher is: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=195291&mkt=en-us
- The uninstall string is: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Security Client\Setup.exe /x
7. Press the Uninstall button. A confirmation window will show up. accept the removal by clicking Uninstall. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will then uninstall Microsoft Security Essentials.
8. After uninstalling Microsoft Security Essentials, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will ask you to run an additional cleanup. Click Next to proceed with the cleanup. All the items that belong Microsoft Security Essentials which have been left behind will be detected and you will be asked if you want to delete them. By removing Microsoft Security Essentials using Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you are assured that no Windows registry entries, files or directories are left behind on your computer.
Your Windows computer will remain clean, speedy and able to run without errors or problems.DOWNLOAD NOW
Geographical user distribution
This page is not a piece of advice to uninstall Microsoft Security Essentials by Microsoft Corporation from your computer, nor are we saying that Microsoft Security Essentials by Microsoft Corporation is not a good application for your PC. This text only contains detailed instructions on how to uninstall Microsoft Security Essentials supposing you decide this is what you want to do. Here you can find registry and disk entries that other software left behind and Advanced Uninstaller PRO discovered and classified as "leftovers" on other users' PCs.
Last update on: 2016-06-18 23:33:35.560