You can find below detailed information on how to remove MediaFire Desktop for Windows. It was developed for Windows by A guide to uninstall MediaFire Desktop from your systemMediaFire
. Go over here
for more info on MediaFire. Detailed information about MediaFire Desktop can be found at www.mediafire.com
. The application is frequently installed in the C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\MediaFire Desktop directory (same installation drive as Windows). The complete uninstall command line for MediaFire Desktop is C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\MediaFire Desktop\uninstall.exe. The program's main executable file is labeled mf_watch.exe and occupies 3.82 MB (4002120 bytes).
MediaFire Desktop installs the following the executables on your PC, occupying about 45.39 MB (47593824
bytes) on disk.
...click to view all...
- MediaFire Desktop.exe (4.46 MB)
- MFUsnMonitorService.exe (445.80 KB)
- mf_browser.exe (3.78 MB)
- mf_central_control.exe (9.06 MB)
- mf_dialogs.exe (6.84 MB)
- mf_filetransfer.exe (4.05 MB)
- mf_hub.exe (1.17 MB)
- mf_modernize.exe (1.12 MB)
- mf_monitor.exe (2.29 MB)
- mf_screenshot.exe (1.84 MB)
- mf_watch.exe (3.82 MB)
- TrayManager.exe (262.50 KB)
- uninstall.exe (6.27 MB)
This web page is about MediaFire Desktop version 126.96.36.19946
only. You can find here a few links to other MediaFire Desktop releases:
...click to view all...
If you are manually uninstalling MediaFire Desktop we advise you to check if the following data is left behind on your PC.Folders found on disk after you uninstall MediaFire Desktop from your PC:
- C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\MediaFire Desktop
- C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\MediaFire Desktop
Registry that is not cleaned:
- C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\MediaFire Desktop\icon_circle_mf_pc_256.ico
- C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\MediaFire Desktop\icons\FollowedFolder.ico
- C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\MediaFire Desktop\icons\mfError.ico
- C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\MediaFire Desktop\icons\mfNormalView.ico
Open regedit.exe to delete the registry values below from the Windows Registry:
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\MediaFire Desktop 188.8.131.5213
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\MediaFire Desktop 184.108.40.20613\DisplayIcon
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\MediaFire Desktop 220.127.116.1113\InstallLocation
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\MediaFire Desktop 18.104.22.16813\UninstallString
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\MF NTFS Monitor\ImagePath
MediaFire Desktop is an application offered by MediaFire. Some users choose to remove this program. This is hard because uninstalling this by hand takes some skill regarding PCs. One of the best SIMPLE action to remove MediaFire Desktop is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Here are some detailed instructions about how to do this: A way to uninstall MediaFire Desktop from your computer using Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO already installed on your PC, install it. This is a good step because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very efficient uninstaller and all around utility to clean your computer.DOWNLOAD NOW
- navigate to http://www.advanceduninstaller.com/download/
- download the setup by pressing the DOWNLOAD button
- install Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Run Advanced Uninstaller PRO. It's recommended to take some time to get familiar with Advanced Uninstaller PRO's interface and wealth of features available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very useful Windows tool.
3. Press the General Tools category
4. Press the Uninstall Programs tool
5. All the programs existing on the computer will be shown to you
6. Scroll the list of programs until you find MediaFire Desktop or simply activate the Search feature and type in "MediaFire Desktop". If it is installed on your PC the MediaFire Desktop app will be found very quickly. After you click MediaFire Desktop in the list , some data regarding the application is shown to you:
- Star rating (in the lower left corner). This tells you the opinion other users have regarding MediaFire Desktop, from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Reviews by other users - Press the Read reviews button.
- Details regarding the application you are about to uninstall, by pressing the Properties button.
For example you can see that for MediaFire Desktop:
- The software company is: www.mediafire.com
- The uninstall string is: C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\MediaFire Desktop\uninstall.exe
7. Click the Uninstall button. A confirmation page will come up. Confirm the uninstall by clicking the Uninstall button. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will automatically uninstall MediaFire Desktop.
8. After removing MediaFire Desktop, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will offer to run an additional cleanup. Click Next to go ahead with the cleanup. All the items of MediaFire Desktop that have been left behind will be found and you will be able to delete them. By removing MediaFire Desktop with Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you are assured that no Windows registry items, files or directories are left behind on your disk.
Your Windows PC will remain clean, speedy and able to serve you properly.DOWNLOAD NOW
Geographical user distribution
The text above is not a recommendation to uninstall MediaFire Desktop by MediaFire from your PC, nor are we saying that MediaFire Desktop by MediaFire is not a good application for your computer. This page only contains detailed info on how to uninstall MediaFire Desktop supposing you want to. The information above contains registry and disk entries that Advanced Uninstaller PRO discovered and classified as "leftovers" on other users' computers.
Last update on: 2018-02-05 00:26:48.593