You can find below details on how to uninstall Bitcoin for Windows. It was coded for Windows by A guide to uninstall Bitcoin from your systemBitcoin project
. More data about Bitcoin project can be seen here
. You can see more info on Bitcoin at http://www.bitcoin.org/
. The program is often found in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Bitcoin directory (same installation drive as Windows). You can remove Bitcoin by clicking on the Start menu of Windows and pasting the command line C:\Program Files (x86)\Bitcoin\uninstall.exe. Keep in mind that you might get a notification for administrator rights. bitcoin-qt.exe is the Bitcoin's primary executable file and it takes around 19.98 MB (20954112 bytes) on disk.
The executable files below are installed beside Bitcoin. They take about 25.44 MB (26679174
bytes) on disk.
- bitcoin-qt.exe (19.98 MB)
- uninstall.exe (351.38 KB)
- bitcoind.exe (5.12 MB)
This page is about Bitcoin version 0.6.3
only. For other Bitcoin versions please click below:
...click to view all...
Bitcoin is a program marketed by the software company Bitcoin project. Frequently, users decide to uninstall this application. Sometimes this is difficult because performing this by hand requires some know-how regarding removing Windows applications by hand. One of the best QUICK practice to uninstall Bitcoin is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Here are some detailed instructions about how to do this: A way to remove Bitcoin with Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO on your Windows system, add it. This is good because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is an efficient uninstaller and all around utility to optimize your Windows computer.DOWNLOAD NOW
- visit http://www.advanceduninstaller.com/download/
- download the program by pressing the green DOWNLOAD NOW button
- install Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Run Advanced Uninstaller PRO. It's recommended to take your time to get familiar with the program's design and number of tools available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very useful system optimizer.
3. Press the General Tools category
4. Press the Uninstall Programs tool
5. All the programs existing on your computer will be shown to you
6. Navigate the list of programs until you locate Bitcoin or simply click the Search feature and type in "Bitcoin". The Bitcoin application will be found very quickly. Notice that when you click Bitcoin in the list of applications, the following information about the application is shown to you:
- Safety rating (in the left lower corner). The star rating explains the opinion other users have about Bitcoin, ranging from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Reviews by other users - Press the Read reviews button.
- Technical information about the application you wish to remove, by pressing the Properties button.
For instance you can see that for Bitcoin:
- The software company is: http://www.bitcoin.org/
- The uninstall string is: C:\Program Files (x86)\Bitcoin\uninstall.exe
7. Click the Uninstall button. A confirmation dialog will show up. Confirm the removal by pressing Uninstall. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will automatically uninstall Bitcoin.
8. After removing Bitcoin, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will offer to run a cleanup. Press Next to proceed with the cleanup. All the items that belong Bitcoin which have been left behind will be found and you will be asked if you want to delete them. By uninstalling Bitcoin with Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you can be sure that no Windows registry entries, files or folders are left behind on your disk.
Your Windows computer will remain clean, speedy and able to serve you properly.DOWNLOAD NOW
Geographical user distribution
This page is not a piece of advice to uninstall Bitcoin by Bitcoin project from your computer, we are not saying that Bitcoin by Bitcoin project is not a good software application. This page only contains detailed info on how to uninstall Bitcoin supposing you decide this is what you want to do. The information above contains registry and disk entries that other software left behind and Advanced Uninstaller PRO stumbled upon and classified as "leftovers" on other users' computers.
Last update on: 2015-04-29 08:54:19.857