Windows Movie Maker
This web page contains thorough information on how to remove Windows Movie Maker for Windows. It is produced by A way to uninstall Windows Movie Maker from your PCMiniTool
. You can find out more on MiniTool or check for application updates here
. Click on https://www.MiniTool.com/
to get more details about Windows Movie Maker on MiniTool's website. The program is frequently placed in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Live directory (same installation drive as Windows). You can remove Windows Movie Maker by clicking on the Start menu of Windows and pasting the command line C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Live\unins000.exe. Keep in mind that you might receive a notification for administrator rights. WindowsMovieMaker.exe is the programs's main file and it takes circa 97.41 KB (99744 bytes) on disk.
The executable files below are installed together with Windows Movie Maker. They take about 6.10 MB (6391440
bytes) on disk.
...click to view all...
- experience.exe (199.91 KB)
- unins000.exe (1.14 MB)
- WindowsMovieMaker.exe (97.41 KB)
- wlcomm.exe (36.70 KB)
- LangSelector.exe (322.19 KB)
- wlarp.exe (1.23 MB)
- wlsettings.exe (417.19 KB)
- wlstartup.exe (594.19 KB)
- MovieMaker.exe (119.19 KB)
- WLXAlbumDownloadWizard.exe (284.70 KB)
- WLXCodecHost.exe (57.19 KB)
- WLXPhotoAcquireWizard.exe (140.20 KB)
- WLXPhotoGallery.exe (140.20 KB)
- WLXPhotoGalleryRepair.exe (29.70 KB)
- WLXQuickTimeControlHost.exe (136.19 KB)
- WLXTranscode.exe (307.70 KB)
- WLXVideoAcquireWizard.exe (850.19 KB)
- WLXVideoCameraAutoPlayManager.exe (78.19 KB)
The information on this page is only about version 3.1
of Windows Movie Maker.
When planning to uninstall Windows Movie Maker you should check if the following data is left behind on your PC.Directories found on disk:
The files below were left behind on your disk when you remove Windows Movie Maker:
- C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Movie Maker
Generally the following registry keys will not be removed:
- C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Movie Maker\MEDIATAB0.DAT
Windows Movie Maker is an application by MiniTool. Some computer users choose to erase it. This is hard because uninstalling this by hand requires some know-how regarding removing Windows applications by hand. One of the best SIMPLE approach to erase Windows Movie Maker is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Here are some detailed instructions about how to do this: A way to delete Windows Movie Maker from your PC using Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO already installed on your system, install it. This is a good step because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very potent uninstaller and all around tool to optimize your computer.DOWNLOAD NOW
- go to Download Link
- download the setup by pressing the green DOWNLOAD button
- set up Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Run Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take some time to admire Advanced Uninstaller PRO's interface and wealth of functions available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a powerful system optimizer.
3. Press the General Tools category
4. Click on the Uninstall Programs feature
5. All the applications existing on the computer will appear
6. Navigate the list of applications until you locate Windows Movie Maker or simply activate the Search feature and type in "Windows Movie Maker". If it exists on your system the Windows Movie Maker program will be found very quickly. Notice that after you click Windows Movie Maker in the list of applications, some data about the application is available to you:
- Safety rating (in the left lower corner). This explains the opinion other people have about Windows Movie Maker, ranging from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Reviews by other people - Press the Read reviews button.
- Details about the app you are about to uninstall, by pressing the Properties button.
For example you can see that for Windows Movie Maker:
- The web site of the application is: https://www.MiniTool.com/
- The uninstall string is: C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Live\unins000.exe
7. Click the Uninstall button. A confirmation page will appear. accept the removal by clicking Uninstall. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will uninstall Windows Movie Maker.
8. After uninstalling Windows Movie Maker, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will ask you to run a cleanup. Press Next to start the cleanup. All the items that belong Windows Movie Maker which have been left behind will be detected and you will be asked if you want to delete them. By removing Windows Movie Maker with Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you are assured that no Windows registry items, files or folders are left behind on your system.
Your Windows system will remain clean, speedy and able to take on new tasks.
This page is not a recommendation to remove Windows Movie Maker by MiniTool from your computer, nor are we saying that Windows Movie Maker by MiniTool is not a good software application. This page simply contains detailed instructions on how to remove Windows Movie Maker supposing you decide this is what you want to do. The information above contains registry and disk entries that our application Advanced Uninstaller PRO discovered and classified as "leftovers" on other users' computers. Disclaimer
Last update on: 2019-07-30 16:00:27.720