Winamp is a Windows application. Read more about how to remove it from your computer. It is made by How to uninstall Winamp from your PCArea 51
. Take a look here
where you can get more info on Area 51. Click on http://www.area51.com
to get more facts about Winamp on Area 51's website. The full command line for uninstalling Winamp is C:\Windows\Winamp\uninstall.exe. Note that if you will type this command in Start / Run Note you might get a notification for administrator rights. Winamp's primary file takes around 1.07 MB (1117696 bytes) and is named winamp.exe.
The executable files below are installed alongside Winamp. They occupy about 1.10 MB (1153024
bytes) on disk.
- winamp.exe (1.07 MB)
- winampa.exe (34.50 KB)
The information on this page is only about version 5.31
of Winamp. You can find here a few links to other Winamp releases:
Winamp is an application marketed by Area 51. Frequently, people try to erase this program. This can be hard because uninstalling this manually requires some knowledge regarding removing Windows applications by hand. One of the best EASY way to erase Winamp is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take the following steps on how to do this: A way to remove Winamp with Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO already installed on your system, add it. This is a good step because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is one of the best uninstaller and all around utility to clean your system.DOWNLOAD NOW
- navigate to http://www.advanceduninstaller.com/download/
- download the setup by clicking on the green DOWNLOAD button
- set up Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Run Advanced Uninstaller PRO. It's recommended to take your time to admire Advanced Uninstaller PRO's interface and number of features available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a powerful system utility.
3. Press the General Tools button
4. Activate the Uninstall Programs button
5. A list of the programs installed on your computer will be shown to you
6. Navigate the list of programs until you find Winamp or simply activate the Search field and type in "Winamp". If it exists on your system the Winamp program will be found automatically. When you select Winamp in the list of applications, some information about the program is made available to you:
- Safety rating (in the lower left corner). This explains the opinion other people have about Winamp, ranging from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Opinions by other people - Press the Read reviews button.
- Details about the application you are about to uninstall, by clicking on the Properties button.
For example you can see that for Winamp:
- The web site of the application is: http://www.area51.com
- The uninstall string is: C:\Windows\Winamp\uninstall.exe
7. Click the Uninstall button. A confirmation window will appear. accept the removal by pressing the Uninstall button. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will automatically uninstall Winamp.
8. After removing Winamp, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will offer to run a cleanup. Press Next to start the cleanup. All the items of Winamp that have been left behind will be found and you will be asked if you want to delete them. By removing Winamp using Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you can be sure that no Windows registry items, files or directories are left behind on your computer.
Your Windows PC will remain clean, speedy and ready to run without errors or problems.DOWNLOAD NOW
Geographical user distribution
The text above is not a piece of advice to uninstall Winamp by Area 51 from your computer, we are not saying that Winamp by Area 51 is not a good application. This text simply contains detailed instructions on how to uninstall Winamp supposing you want to. The information above contains registry and disk entries that other software left behind and Advanced Uninstaller PRO discovered and classified as "leftovers" on other users' computers.
Last update on: 2016-08-28 10:41:25.887