Winamp is a computer program. This page is comprised of details on how to uninstall it from your computer. The Windows version was developed by A guide to uninstall Winamp from your computerNullsoft, Inc
. Further information on Nullsoft, Inc can be found here
. More details about Winamp can be seen at http://www.winamp.com/
. Winamp is typically installed in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Winamp directory, depending on the user's decision. You can uninstall Winamp by clicking on the Start menu of Windows and pasting the command line C:\Program Files (x86)\Winamp\UninstWA.exe. Keep in mind that you might receive a notification for administrator rights. Winamp's primary file takes around 1.19 MB (1250816 bytes) and is named winamp.exe.
Winamp is comprised of the following executables which take 1.35 MB (1419074
bytes) on disk:
- UninstWA.exe (128.81 KB)
- winamp.exe (1.19 MB)
- winampa.exe (35.50 KB)
The information on this page is only about version 5.5
of Winamp. You can find here a few links to other Winamp versions:
...click to view all...
After the uninstall process, the application leaves some files behind on the PC. Some of these are shown below.Directories left on disk:
Generally, the following files are left on disk:
Use regedit.exe to manually remove from the Windows Registry the keys below:
- C:\Program Files\Winamp\winamp.exe
Registry values that are not removed from your computer:
- HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\MIME\Database\Content Type\interface/x-winamp3-skin
- HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\MIME\Database\Content Type\interface/x-winamp-lang
- HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\MIME\Database\Content Type\interface/x-winamp-skin
- HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\MuiCache\C:\Program Files\Winamp\winamp.exe
Winamp is an application offered by the software company Nullsoft, Inc. Sometimes, people try to erase this program. This is troublesome because performing this manually takes some skill regarding removing Windows applications by hand. The best EASY procedure to erase Winamp is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Here is how to do this: How to uninstall Winamp from your PC using Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO on your PC, add it. This is a good step because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is the best uninstaller and all around tool to clean your computer.DOWNLOAD NOW
- navigate to Download Link
- download the setup by clicking on the green DOWNLOAD button
- install Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Run Advanced Uninstaller PRO. It's recommended to take your time to get familiar with Advanced Uninstaller PRO's interface and wealth of features available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a powerful Windows optimizer.
3. Click on the General Tools button
4. Click on the Uninstall Programs tool
5. All the applications installed on the PC will be made available to you
6. Scroll the list of applications until you find Winamp or simply click the Search feature and type in "Winamp". The Winamp app will be found very quickly. After you click Winamp in the list of applications, the following data about the program is shown to you:
- Safety rating (in the left lower corner). This explains the opinion other users have about Winamp, from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Reviews by other users - Click on the Read reviews button.
- Technical information about the app you want to uninstall, by clicking on the Properties button.
For example you can see that for Winamp:
- The software company is: http://www.winamp.com/
- The uninstall string is: C:\Program Files (x86)\Winamp\UninstWA.exe
7. Click the Uninstall button. A confirmation dialog will appear. accept the uninstall by pressing the Uninstall button. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will automatically remove Winamp.
8. After uninstalling Winamp, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will ask you to run an additional cleanup. Click Next to proceed with the cleanup. All the items that belong Winamp which have been left behind will be detected and you will be asked if you want to delete them. By uninstalling Winamp using Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you are assured that no Windows registry entries, files or folders are left behind on your disk.
Your Windows PC will remain clean, speedy and able to serve you properly.
Geographical user distribution
This page is not a piece of advice to uninstall Winamp by Nullsoft, Inc from your PC, we are not saying that Winamp by Nullsoft, Inc is not a good application for your computer. This text only contains detailed instructions on how to uninstall Winamp in case you decide this is what you want to do. The information above contains registry and disk entries that Advanced Uninstaller PRO stumbled upon and classified as "leftovers" on other users' PCs. Disclaimer
Last update on: 2016-06-20 07:43:37.877