This web page contains detailed information on how to uninstall WinZip for Windows. It is written by A way to uninstall WinZip from your systemWinZip Computing LP
. You can read more on WinZip Computing LP or check for application updates here
. More data about the application WinZip can be found at http://www.winzip.com
. The program is usually located in the C:\PROGRA~1\WINZIP directory. Keep in mind that this location can differ being determined by the user's decision. The full command line for removing WinZip is C:\Program Files\WinZip\WINZIP32.EXE. Keep in mind that if you will type this command in Start / Run Note you might be prompted for admin rights. WINZIP32.EXE is the programs's main file and it takes around 3.43 MB (3592192 bytes) on disk.
The following executables are installed alongside WinZip. They occupy about 3.93 MB (4115968
bytes) on disk.
- WINZIP32.EXE (3.43 MB)
- WZMSG.EXE (79.50 KB)
- WZQKPICK.EXE (120.00 KB)
- WZSEPE32.EXE (312.00 KB)
The information on this page is only about version 10.06698
of WinZip. Click on the links below for other WinZip versions:
...click to view all...
Many files, folders and Windows registry data can not be uninstalled when you are trying to remove WinZip from your PC.Files remaining:
- C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\IObit\IObit Uninstaller\Log\WinZip.history
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Nico Mak Computing\WinZip
WinZip is an application marketed by the software company WinZip Computing LP. Some users try to remove this program. This is efortful because deleting this by hand requires some experience regarding Windows internal functioning. One of the best SIMPLE way to remove WinZip is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Here are some detailed instructions about how to do this: A way to remove WinZip from your PC with the help of Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO already installed on your Windows system, add it. This is a good step because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is one of the best uninstaller and general utility to take care of your Windows PC.DOWNLOAD NOW
- visit Download Link
- download the program by pressing the green DOWNLOAD button
- set up Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Run Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take some time to get familiar with Advanced Uninstaller PRO's interface and number of tools available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a powerful package of utilities.
3. Click on the General Tools category
4. Press the Uninstall Programs feature
5. A list of the programs installed on your computer will be shown to you
6. Scroll the list of programs until you locate WinZip or simply activate the Search field and type in "WinZip". If it exists on your system the WinZip application will be found automatically. Notice that when you click WinZip in the list of programs, the following information about the program is available to you:
- Safety rating (in the lower left corner). This tells you the opinion other people have about WinZip, from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Opinions by other people - Click on the Read reviews button.
- Technical information about the program you wish to uninstall, by pressing the Properties button.
For example you can see that for WinZip:
- The web site of the application is: http://www.winzip.com
- The uninstall string is: C:\Program Files\WinZip\WINZIP32.EXE
7. Click the Uninstall button. A confirmation page will appear. accept the uninstall by pressing Uninstall. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will then uninstall WinZip.
8. After removing WinZip, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will ask you to run a cleanup. Press Next to start the cleanup. All the items of WinZip that have been left behind will be detected and you will be asked if you want to delete them. By removing WinZip with Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you can be sure that no Windows registry entries, files or folders are left behind on your PC.
Your Windows PC will remain clean, speedy and ready to run without errors or problems.
Geographical user distribution
The text above is not a recommendation to remove WinZip by WinZip Computing LP from your PC, we are not saying that WinZip by WinZip Computing LP is not a good software application. This text only contains detailed instructions on how to remove WinZip supposing you want to. The information above contains registry and disk entries that our application Advanced Uninstaller PRO discovered and classified as "leftovers" on other users' PCs. Disclaimer
Last update on: 2016-06-22 01:30:53.360