This web page contains detailed information on how to uninstall WinZip for Windows. It is written by A way to uninstall WinZip from your PCWinZip Computing LP
. You can read more on WinZip Computing LP or check for application updates here
. More data about the application WinZip can be found at http://www.winzip.com
. The program is usually located in the C:\PROGRA~1\WINZIP directory. Keep in mind that this location can differ being determined by the user's decision. The full command line for removing WinZip is C:\Program Files\WinZip\WINZIP32.EXE. Keep in mind that if you will type this command in Start / Run Note you might be prompted for admin rights. WINZIP32.EXE is the programs's main file and it takes around 3.43 MB (3592192 bytes) on disk.
The following executables are installed alongside WinZip. They occupy about 3.93 MB (4115968
bytes) on disk.
- WINZIP32.EXE (3.43 MB)
- WZMSG.EXE (79.50 KB)
- WZQKPICK.EXE (120.00 KB)
- WZSEPE32.EXE (312.00 KB)
The information on this page is only about version 10.06698
of WinZip. Click on the links below for other WinZip versions:
...click to view all...
Many files, folders and Windows registry data can not be uninstalled when you are trying to remove WinZip from your PC.Folders found on disk after you uninstall WinZip from your PC:
- C:\Program Files\WinZip
- C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Thinstall\WinZip 14.0
Use regedit.exe to manually remove from the Windows Registry the keys below:
- C:\Program Files\WinZip\WINZIP32.EXE
- C:\Program Files\WinZip\WZSHLSTB.DLL
- C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Recent\wINZIP 10 REGISTRATION= WU5GQ-NM36L-NJGE9-QVZ25-YT3LW-ZWTKG.lnk
- C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Recent\WinZip v10.0 Build 6698.lnk
- C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Thinstall\WinZip 14.0\Registry.rw.tvr
- C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Thinstall\WinZip 14.0\Registry.tlog
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Nico Mak Computing\WinZip
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\WinZip Computing
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Nico Mak Computing\WinZip
WinZip is an application by the software company WinZip Computing LP. Some computer users want to remove this application. This is easier said than done because removing this by hand requires some skill related to Windows program uninstallation. The best QUICK practice to remove WinZip is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Here are some detailed instructions about how to do this: A way to erase WinZip with the help of Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO already installed on your Windows PC, add it. This is good because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is an efficient uninstaller and general utility to clean your Windows computer.DOWNLOAD NOW
- navigate to http://www.advanceduninstaller.com/download/
- download the setup by clicking on the green DOWNLOAD NOW button
- set up Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Start Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take your time to get familiar with Advanced Uninstaller PRO's design and number of tools available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very good package of utilities.
3. Press the General Tools button
4. Activate the Uninstall Programs feature
5. All the programs installed on the computer will be made available to you
6. Navigate the list of programs until you find WinZip or simply click the Search field and type in "WinZip". If it exists on your system the WinZip app will be found very quickly. Notice that after you click WinZip in the list of programs, some information about the application is made available to you:
- Star rating (in the lower left corner). The star rating tells you the opinion other users have about WinZip, ranging from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Opinions by other users - Press the Read reviews button.
- Details about the application you want to remove, by clicking on the Properties button.
For example you can see that for WinZip:
- The software company is: http://www.winzip.com
- The uninstall string is: C:\Program Files\WinZip\WINZIP32.EXE
7. Click the Uninstall button. A confirmation dialog will come up. accept the uninstall by clicking Uninstall. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will then uninstall WinZip.
8. After uninstalling WinZip, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will ask you to run an additional cleanup. Press Next to perform the cleanup. All the items that belong WinZip which have been left behind will be found and you will be asked if you want to delete them. By uninstalling WinZip using Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you can be sure that no Windows registry entries, files or directories are left behind on your PC.
Your Windows computer will remain clean, speedy and able to take on new tasks.DOWNLOAD NOW
Geographical user distribution
This page is not a recommendation to remove WinZip by WinZip Computing LP from your PC, we are not saying that WinZip by WinZip Computing LP is not a good application for your computer. This page only contains detailed info on how to remove WinZip in case you decide this is what you want to do. The information above contains registry and disk entries that other software left behind and Advanced Uninstaller PRO discovered and classified as "leftovers" on other users' computers.
Last update on: 2016-06-22 01:30:53.360