This page is about Web Companion for Windows. Below you can find details on how to uninstall it from your computer. It was created for Windows by A guide to uninstall Web Companion from your systemLavasoft
. More data about Lavasoft can be read here
. Further information about Web Companion can be seen at http://www.Lavasoft.com
. The application is usually placed in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Lavasoft\Web Companion\Application directory. Take into account that this location can differ being determined by the user's preference. The full command line for uninstalling Web Companion is C:\Program Files (x86)\Lavasoft\Web Companion\Application\Installer.exe. Keep in mind that if you will type this command in Start / Run Note you might get a notification for admin rights. The application's main executable file is labeled WebCompanion.exe and its approximative size is 1.40 MB (1467200 bytes).
The executables below are part of Web Companion. They take an average of 9.15 MB (9592288
bytes) on disk.
- Installer.exe (7.73 MB)
- Lavasoft.SearchProtect.WinService.exe (14.85 KB)
- WebCompanion.exe (1.40 MB)
The information on this page is only about version 1.0.813.1538
of Web Companion. Click on the links below for other Web Companion versions:
...click to view all...
If you are manually uninstalling Web Companion we suggest you to check if the following data is left behind on your PC.Directories found on disk:
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Lavasoft\Web Companion\Application
- C:\Users\Charles\AppData\Roaming\Lavasoft\Web Companion
You will find in the Windows Registry that the following keys will not be uninstalled; remove them one by one using regedit.exe:
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Lavasoft\Web Companion\Application\App.config
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Lavasoft\Web Companion\Application\de-DE\WebCompanion.resources.dll
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Lavasoft\Web Companion\Application\en-US\WebCompanion.resources.dll
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Lavasoft\Web Companion\Application\es-ES\WebCompanion.resources.dll
Open regedit.exe to remove the values below from the Windows Registry:
- HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Installer\Assemblies\C:|Program Files (x86)|Lavasoft|Web Companion|Application|de-DE|WebCompanion.resources.dll
- HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Installer\Assemblies\C:|Program Files (x86)|Lavasoft|Web Companion|Application|en-US|WebCompanion.resources.dll
- HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Installer\Assemblies\C:|Program Files (x86)|Lavasoft|Web Companion|Application|es-ES|WebCompanion.resources.dll
- HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Installer\Assemblies\C:|Program Files (x86)|Lavasoft|Web Companion|Application|fr-CA|WebCompanion.resources.dll
Web Companion is an application by the software company Lavasoft. Some computer users decide to remove this program. Sometimes this is hard because doing this by hand requires some knowledge related to Windows program uninstallation. One of the best QUICK way to remove Web Companion is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Here are some detailed instructions about how to do this: A way to remove Web Companion using Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO on your PC, install it. This is good because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very useful uninstaller and general tool to maximize the performance of your PC.DOWNLOAD NOW
- go to http://www.advanceduninstaller.com/download/
- download the program by clicking on the green DOWNLOAD NOW button
- install Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Run Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take some time to admire Advanced Uninstaller PRO's design and wealth of functions available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very useful Windows optimizer.
3. Press the General Tools button
4. Activate the Uninstall Programs button
5. A list of the programs installed on the computer will be made available to you
6. Navigate the list of programs until you find Web Companion or simply click the Search field and type in "Web Companion". The Web Companion program will be found automatically. After you select Web Companion in the list , some data regarding the program is shown to you:
- Star rating (in the lower left corner). This tells you the opinion other users have regarding Web Companion, ranging from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Reviews by other users - Press the Read reviews button.
- Technical information regarding the application you want to uninstall, by clicking on the Properties button.
For instance you can see that for Web Companion:
- The web site of the program is: http://www.Lavasoft.com
- The uninstall string is: C:\Program Files (x86)\Lavasoft\Web Companion\Application\Installer.exe
7. Press the Uninstall button. A confirmation window will appear. Confirm the removal by pressing Uninstall. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will then remove Web Companion.
8. After removing Web Companion, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will offer to run a cleanup. Click Next to perform the cleanup. All the items of Web Companion that have been left behind will be detected and you will be able to delete them. By removing Web Companion with Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you can be sure that no Windows registry entries, files or directories are left behind on your disk.
Your Windows PC will remain clean, speedy and able to run without errors or problems.DOWNLOAD NOW
Geographical user distribution
This page is not a piece of advice to remove Web Companion by Lavasoft from your computer, we are not saying that Web Companion by Lavasoft is not a good software application. This page simply contains detailed info on how to remove Web Companion supposing you want to. Here you can find registry and disk entries that Advanced Uninstaller PRO stumbled upon and classified as "leftovers" on other users' computers.
Last update on: 2016-06-21 13:07:31.477