You can find below detailed information on how to uninstall Web Companion for Windows. It is made by How to uninstall Web Companion from your computerLavasoft
. Open here
for more info on Lavasoft. Click on http://www.lavasoft.com
to get more information about Web Companion on Lavasoft's website. Web Companion is typically installed in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Lavasoft\Web Companion\Application directory, depending on the user's decision. The full command line for removing Web Companion is C:\Program Files (x86)\Lavasoft\Web Companion\Application\WebCompanionInstaller.exe --uninstall. Note that if you will type this command in Start / Run Note you may receive a notification for administrator rights. WebCompanion.exe is the programs's main file and it takes approximately 1.08 MB (1128208 bytes) on disk.
Web Companion is comprised of the following executables which occupy 1.66 MB (1740320
bytes) on disk:
- Lavasoft.SearchProtect.WinService.exe (11.00 KB)
- WebCompanion.exe (1.08 MB)
- WebCompanionInstaller.exe (224.27 KB)
- WebCompanionWebUI.exe (362.50 KB)
The information on this page is only about version 1.1.942.1928
of Web Companion. You can find below info on other versions of Web Companion:
...click to view all...
Web Companion is a program released by the software company Lavasoft. Frequently, users choose to remove this program. This can be efortful because removing this manually requires some knowledge related to Windows internal functioning. One of the best EASY way to remove Web Companion is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Here are some detailed instructions about how to do this: A way to uninstall Web Companion from your computer using Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO already installed on your Windows PC, add it. This is good because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very potent uninstaller and general tool to take care of your Windows computer.DOWNLOAD NOW
- visit http://www.advanceduninstaller.com/download/
- download the program by clicking on the DOWNLOAD button
- install Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Run Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take some time to get familiar with the program's interface and number of functions available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very good system optimizer.
3. Press the General Tools category
4. Press the Uninstall Programs feature
5. All the programs existing on the computer will be shown to you
6. Scroll the list of programs until you find Web Companion or simply click the Search feature and type in "Web Companion". The Web Companion app will be found automatically. When you click Web Companion in the list , the following data regarding the program is available to you:
- Star rating (in the lower left corner). This tells you the opinion other users have regarding Web Companion, from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Opinions by other users - Press the Read reviews button.
- Details regarding the program you are about to remove, by clicking on the Properties button.
For example you can see that for Web Companion:
- The publisher is: http://www.lavasoft.com
- The uninstall string is: C:\Program Files (x86)\Lavasoft\Web Companion\Application\WebCompanionInstaller.exe --uninstall
7. Press the Uninstall button. A confirmation dialog will appear. Confirm the removal by clicking Uninstall. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will then uninstall Web Companion.
8. After removing Web Companion, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will ask you to run an additional cleanup. Press Next to perform the cleanup. All the items that belong Web Companion that have been left behind will be found and you will be able to delete them. By uninstalling Web Companion with Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you are assured that no registry entries, files or directories are left behind on your PC.
Your PC will remain clean, speedy and ready to run without errors or problems.DOWNLOAD NOW
Geographical user distribution
This page is not a recommendation to remove Web Companion by Lavasoft from your computer, nor are we saying that Web Companion by Lavasoft is not a good application for your computer. This page only contains detailed instructions on how to remove Web Companion in case you decide this is what you want to do. Here you can find registry and disk entries that other software left behind and Advanced Uninstaller PRO stumbled upon and classified as "leftovers" on other users' computers.
Last update on: 2015-04-08 17:16:38.927