This page is about VeraCrypt for Windows. Here you can find details on how to remove it from your computer. It is made by A guide to uninstall VeraCrypt from your computerVeraCrypt Foundation
. Open here
for more details on VeraCrypt Foundation. Please follow http://www.idrix.fr/
if you want to read more on VeraCrypt on VeraCrypt Foundation's page. The application is usually located in the C:\Program Files\VeraCrypt folder (same installation drive as Windows). VeraCrypt's full uninstall command line is C:\Program Files\VeraCrypt\VeraCrypt Setup.exe. VeraCrypt.exe is the VeraCrypt's main executable file and it occupies about 1.48 MB (1556960 bytes) on disk.
The following executable files are incorporated in VeraCrypt. They occupy 6.39 MB (6701768
bytes) on disk.
- VeraCrypt Format.exe (1.63 MB)
- VeraCrypt Setup.exe (3.27 MB)
- VeraCrypt.exe (1.48 MB)
The information on this page is only about version 1.0
VeraCrypt is an application offered by VeraCrypt Foundation. Frequently, computer users decide to uninstall it. Sometimes this can be efortful because performing this manually requires some knowledge related to PCs. One of the best QUICK manner to uninstall VeraCrypt is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Here is how to do this: How to erase VeraCrypt from your computer with Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO already installed on your Windows system, add it. This is good because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is one of the best uninstaller and all around tool to clean your Windows system.DOWNLOAD NOW
- go to Download Link
- download the setup by pressing the DOWNLOAD NOW button
- install Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Start Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take your time to admire the program's interface and wealth of features available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very good system utility.
3. Press the General Tools category
4. Activate the Uninstall Programs feature
5. All the programs existing on your computer will be shown to you
6. Navigate the list of programs until you find VeraCrypt or simply click the Search field and type in "VeraCrypt". If it exists on your system the VeraCrypt app will be found automatically. Notice that after you select VeraCrypt in the list , the following information regarding the program is available to you:
- Safety rating (in the lower left corner). This tells you the opinion other users have regarding VeraCrypt, from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Reviews by other users - Press the Read reviews button.
- Details regarding the application you want to remove, by pressing the Properties button.
For instance you can see that for VeraCrypt:
- The publisher is: http://www.idrix.fr/
- The uninstall string is: C:\Program Files\VeraCrypt\VeraCrypt Setup.exe
7. Click the Uninstall button. A confirmation dialog will come up. accept the removal by clicking the Uninstall button. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will then uninstall VeraCrypt.
8. After uninstalling VeraCrypt, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will offer to run a cleanup. Click Next to proceed with the cleanup. All the items of VeraCrypt which have been left behind will be found and you will be able to delete them. By removing VeraCrypt using Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you are assured that no Windows registry items, files or directories are left behind on your computer.
Your Windows system will remain clean, speedy and ready to take on new tasks.
Geographical user distribution
This page is not a recommendation to uninstall VeraCrypt by VeraCrypt Foundation from your PC, nor are we saying that VeraCrypt by VeraCrypt Foundation is not a good software application. This page only contains detailed instructions on how to uninstall VeraCrypt in case you decide this is what you want to do. Here you can find registry and disk entries that other software left behind and Advanced Uninstaller PRO stumbled upon and classified as "leftovers" on other users' computers. Disclaimer
Last update on: 2016-06-27 18:53:25.173