VLC media player
This page is about VLC media player for Windows. Below you can find details on how to remove it from your PC. It is made by A way to uninstall VLC media player from your PCVideoLAN
. Take a look here
where you can get more info on VideoLAN. You can see more info about VLC media player at http://www.videolan.org/
. Usually the VLC media player application is found in the C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC directory, depending on the user's option during setup. C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\uninstall.exe is the full command line if you want to remove VLC media player. The program's main executable file is named vlc.exe and it has a size of 130.52 KB (133651 bytes).
VLC media player installs the following the executables on your PC, taking about 532.13 KB (544901
bytes) on disk.
- uninstall.exe (282.59 KB)
- vlc-cache-gen.exe (119.02 KB)
- vlc.exe (130.52 KB)
The current page applies to VLC media player version 3.0.0201602150402
alone. You can find below info on other versions of VLC media player:
...click to view all...
VLC media player is a program offered by the software company VideoLAN. Sometimes, users choose to uninstall it. This is troublesome because deleting this manually requires some advanced knowledge related to PCs. The best QUICK way to uninstall VLC media player is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Here is how to do this: How to delete VLC media player using Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO on your Windows system, add it. This is a good step because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is an efficient uninstaller and general tool to take care of your Windows computer.DOWNLOAD NOW
- visit http://www.advanceduninstaller.com/download/
- download the program by clicking on the green DOWNLOAD button
- set up Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Start Advanced Uninstaller PRO. It's recommended to take your time to get familiar with Advanced Uninstaller PRO's design and wealth of features available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very useful system utility.
3. Click on the General Tools button
4. Press the Uninstall Programs feature
5. All the applications installed on the computer will be shown to you
6. Scroll the list of applications until you find VLC media player or simply activate the Search feature and type in "VLC media player". The VLC media player app will be found automatically. Notice that when you click VLC media player in the list , some information regarding the application is made available to you:
- Star rating (in the lower left corner). The star rating explains the opinion other users have regarding VLC media player, ranging from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Reviews by other users - Click on the Read reviews button.
- Technical information regarding the application you want to remove, by clicking on the Properties button.
For example you can see that for VLC media player:
- The web site of the program is: http://www.videolan.org/
- The uninstall string is: C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\uninstall.exe
7. Press the Uninstall button. A confirmation page will appear. Confirm the uninstall by pressing Uninstall. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will remove VLC media player.
8. After removing VLC media player, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will ask you to run a cleanup. Click Next to start the cleanup. All the items that belong VLC media player which have been left behind will be detected and you will be asked if you want to delete them. By uninstalling VLC media player with Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you are assured that no Windows registry entries, files or folders are left behind on your system.
Your Windows computer will remain clean, speedy and able to serve you properly.
Geographical user distribution
This page is not a recommendation to remove VLC media player by VideoLAN from your computer, we are not saying that VLC media player by VideoLAN is not a good software application. This page only contains detailed instructions on how to remove VLC media player supposing you decide this is what you want to do. Here you can find registry and disk entries that our application Advanced Uninstaller PRO stumbled upon and classified as "leftovers" on other users' PCs. Disclaimer
Last update on: 2016-02-15 08:22:43.050