VLC media player 2.1.2
This page contains detailed information on how to remove VLC media player 2.1.2 for Windows. It is produced by How to uninstall VLC media player 2.1.2 from your systemVideoLAN
. More information on VideoLAN can be seen here
. Please open http://www.videolan.org/
if you want to read more on VLC media player 2.1.2 on VideoLAN's website. VLC media player 2.1.2 is normally installed in the C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC folder, but this location may vary a lot depending on the user's option when installing the application. The full command line for uninstalling VLC media player 2.1.2 is C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\uninstall.exe. Keep in mind that if you will type this command in Start / Run Note you might receive a notification for admin rights. The program's main executable file occupies 123.50 KB (126464 bytes) on disk and is labeled vlc.exe.
The following executable files are incorporated in VLC media player 2.1.2. They occupy 457.87 KB (468857
bytes) on disk.
- uninstall.exe (222.87 KB)
- vlc-cache-gen.exe (111.50 KB)
- vlc.exe (123.50 KB)
This web page is about VLC media player 2.1.2 version 2.1.2
Some files and registry entries are typically left behind when you uninstall VLC media player 2.1.2.Folders left behind when you uninstall VLC media player 2.1.2:
Check for and remove the following files from your disk when you uninstall VLC media player 2.1.2:
Registry that is not uninstalled:
VLC media player 2.1.2 is a program by the software company VideoLAN. Sometimes, computer users want to uninstall this application. This is easier said than done because uninstalling this by hand requires some know-how related to PCs. One of the best EASY procedure to uninstall VLC media player 2.1.2 is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Here is how to do this: How to remove VLC media player 2.1.2 with the help of Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO already installed on your PC, install it. This is good because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is an efficient uninstaller and all around utility to optimize your PC.DOWNLOAD NOW
- navigate to Download Link
- download the setup by clicking on the DOWNLOAD button
- install Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Run Advanced Uninstaller PRO. It's recommended to take your time to admire Advanced Uninstaller PRO's design and wealth of functions available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very good system optimizer.
3. Click on the General Tools category
4. Click on the Uninstall Programs feature
5. A list of the applications existing on the PC will be made available to you
6. Navigate the list of applications until you locate VLC media player 2.1.2 or simply click the Search field and type in "VLC media player 2.1.2". If it exists on your system the VLC media player 2.1.2 program will be found very quickly. After you click VLC media player 2.1.2 in the list of programs, some information regarding the application is made available to you:
- Safety rating (in the lower left corner). This tells you the opinion other users have regarding VLC media player 2.1.2, ranging from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Reviews by other users - Click on the Read reviews button.
- Details regarding the program you want to uninstall, by clicking on the Properties button.
For example you can see that for VLC media player 2.1.2:
- The web site of the application is: http://www.videolan.org/
- The uninstall string is: C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\uninstall.exe
7. Press the Uninstall button. A confirmation dialog will appear. Confirm the uninstall by clicking the Uninstall button. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will automatically uninstall VLC media player 2.1.2.
8. After removing VLC media player 2.1.2, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will ask you to run a cleanup. Press Next to start the cleanup. All the items of VLC media player 2.1.2 that have been left behind will be found and you will be able to delete them. By uninstalling VLC media player 2.1.2 with Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you are assured that no Windows registry entries, files or directories are left behind on your disk.
Your Windows PC will remain clean, speedy and ready to take on new tasks.
Geographical user distribution
This page is not a piece of advice to remove VLC media player 2.1.2 by VideoLAN from your computer, we are not saying that VLC media player 2.1.2 by VideoLAN is not a good application for your PC. This page simply contains detailed info on how to remove VLC media player 2.1.2 supposing you decide this is what you want to do. The information above contains registry and disk entries that other software left behind and Advanced Uninstaller PRO stumbled upon and classified as "leftovers" on other users' PCs. Disclaimer
Last update on: 2016-06-18 20:40:10.387