VLC media player 2.1.2
This page contains detailed information on how to remove VLC media player 2.1.2 for Windows. It is produced by A way to uninstall VLC media player 2.1.2 from your computerVideoLAN
. More information on VideoLAN can be seen here
. Please open http://www.videolan.org/
if you want to read more on VLC media player 2.1.2 on VideoLAN's website. VLC media player 2.1.2 is normally installed in the C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC folder, but this location may vary a lot depending on the user's option when installing the application. The full command line for uninstalling VLC media player 2.1.2 is C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\uninstall.exe. Keep in mind that if you will type this command in Start / Run Note you might receive a notification for admin rights. The program's main executable file occupies 123.50 KB (126464 bytes) on disk and is labeled vlc.exe.
The following executable files are incorporated in VLC media player 2.1.2. They occupy 457.87 KB (468857
bytes) on disk.
- uninstall.exe (222.87 KB)
- vlc-cache-gen.exe (111.50 KB)
- vlc.exe (123.50 KB)
This web page is about VLC media player 2.1.2 version 2.1.2
Some files and registry entries are typically left behind when you uninstall VLC media player 2.1.2.Folders left behind when you uninstall VLC media player 2.1.2:
Check for and remove the following files from your disk when you uninstall VLC media player 2.1.2:
Registry that is not uninstalled:
Registry values that are not removed from your PC:
- HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\MuiCache\C:\Program Files (x86)\VideoLAN\VLC\vlc.exe
VLC media player 2.1.2 is a program marketed by the software company VideoLAN. Sometimes, people decide to remove this program. This is troublesome because uninstalling this by hand takes some know-how regarding removing Windows programs manually. One of the best SIMPLE solution to remove VLC media player 2.1.2 is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Here are some detailed instructions about how to do this: A way to delete VLC media player 2.1.2 from your PC with the help of Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO on your system, install it. This is a good step because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is an efficient uninstaller and general tool to optimize your PC.DOWNLOAD NOW
- visit Download Link
- download the program by pressing the DOWNLOAD button
- set up Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Run Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take some time to get familiar with the program's interface and number of tools available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very good system optimizer.
3. Click on the General Tools button
4. Press the Uninstall Programs button
5. All the programs existing on the computer will be shown to you
6. Navigate the list of programs until you locate VLC media player 2.1.2 or simply activate the Search feature and type in "VLC media player 2.1.2". The VLC media player 2.1.2 application will be found very quickly. After you select VLC media player 2.1.2 in the list , some information regarding the program is shown to you:
- Star rating (in the left lower corner). The star rating tells you the opinion other people have regarding VLC media player 2.1.2, from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Reviews by other people - Click on the Read reviews button.
- Technical information regarding the program you wish to uninstall, by pressing the Properties button.
For instance you can see that for VLC media player 2.1.2:
- The web site of the program is: http://www.videolan.org/
- The uninstall string is: C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\uninstall.exe
7. Press the Uninstall button. A window asking you to confirm will come up. Confirm the uninstall by clicking Uninstall. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will then remove VLC media player 2.1.2.
8. After removing VLC media player 2.1.2, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will offer to run a cleanup. Click Next to proceed with the cleanup. All the items of VLC media player 2.1.2 which have been left behind will be detected and you will be able to delete them. By removing VLC media player 2.1.2 using Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you are assured that no registry items, files or directories are left behind on your PC.
Your system will remain clean, speedy and able to take on new tasks.
Geographical user distribution
This page is not a piece of advice to uninstall VLC media player 2.1.2 by VideoLAN from your PC, we are not saying that VLC media player 2.1.2 by VideoLAN is not a good application for your computer. This page simply contains detailed info on how to uninstall VLC media player 2.1.2 supposing you want to. Here you can find registry and disk entries that other software left behind and Advanced Uninstaller PRO discovered and classified as "leftovers" on other users' PCs. Disclaimer
Last update on: 2016-06-18 20:40:10.387