VLC media player 2.0.6
This web page contains detailed information on how to remove VLC media player 2.0.6 for Windows. The Windows version was developed by A way to uninstall VLC media player 2.0.6 from your systemVideoLAN
. More information on VideoLAN can be found here
. More details about the application VLC media player 2.0.6 can be seen at http://www.videolan.org/
. Usually the VLC media player 2.0.6 application is found in the C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC directory, depending on the user's option during install. You can remove VLC media player 2.0.6 by clicking on the Start menu of Windows and pasting the command line C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\uninstall.exe. Keep in mind that you might be prompted for admin rights. vlc.exe is the VLC media player 2.0.6's primary executable file and it occupies around 121.50 KB (124416 bytes) on disk.
The executables below are part of VLC media player 2.0.6. They occupy about 452.18 KB (463036
bytes) on disk.
- uninstall.exe (219.18 KB)
- vlc-cache-gen.exe (111.50 KB)
- vlc.exe (121.50 KB)
This info is about VLC media player 2.0.6 version 2.0.6
Many files, folders and Windows registry data can not be removed when you are trying to remove VLC media player 2.0.6 from your computer.Directories left on disk:
The files below were left behind on your disk when you remove VLC media player 2.0.6:
- C:\PROGRAM FILES\VIDEOLAN\VLC
Usually the following registry data will not be cleaned:
- C:\PROGRAM FILES\VIDEOLAN\VLC\plugins\plugins.dat.2652
- C:\PROGRAM FILES\VIDEOLAN\VLC\plugins\plugins.dat.3696
- C:\PROGRAM FILES\VIDEOLAN\VLC\plugins\plugins.dat.3712
- C:\PROGRAM FILES\VIDEOLAN\VLC\plugins\plugins.dat.4412
Use regedit.exe to delete the following additional values from the Windows Registry:
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\VLC media player
- HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\MuiCache\C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\vlc.exe
VLC media player 2.0.6 is an application by the software company VideoLAN. Some computer users decide to uninstall it. This can be troublesome because deleting this manually takes some experience regarding PCs. One of the best EASY manner to uninstall VLC media player 2.0.6 is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take the following steps on how to do this: A way to delete VLC media player 2.0.6 from your computer using Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO on your system, install it. This is a good step because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very efficient uninstaller and all around utility to maximize the performance of your PC.DOWNLOAD NOW
- navigate to http://www.advanceduninstaller.com/download/
- download the setup by pressing the DOWNLOAD NOW button
- install Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Run Advanced Uninstaller PRO. It's recommended to take some time to admire Advanced Uninstaller PRO's interface and number of features available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a powerful program.
3. Click on the General Tools category
4. Click on the Uninstall Programs tool
5. All the programs existing on the computer will be made available to you
6. Navigate the list of programs until you locate VLC media player 2.0.6 or simply click the Search field and type in "VLC media player 2.0.6". The VLC media player 2.0.6 application will be found very quickly. After you click VLC media player 2.0.6 in the list of apps, the following information about the program is made available to you:
- Safety rating (in the lower left corner). This explains the opinion other users have about VLC media player 2.0.6, from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Reviews by other users - Click on the Read reviews button.
- Details about the program you are about to uninstall, by pressing the Properties button.
For instance you can see that for VLC media player 2.0.6:
- The web site of the program is: http://www.videolan.org/
- The uninstall string is: C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\uninstall.exe
7. Press the Uninstall button. A confirmation window will come up. Confirm the uninstall by pressing the Uninstall button. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will then uninstall VLC media player 2.0.6.
8. After removing VLC media player 2.0.6, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will offer to run an additional cleanup. Click Next to start the cleanup. All the items of VLC media player 2.0.6 which have been left behind will be found and you will be able to delete them. By uninstalling VLC media player 2.0.6 with Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you are assured that no registry items, files or folders are left behind on your computer.
Your PC will remain clean, speedy and ready to serve you properly.DOWNLOAD NOW
Geographical user distribution
This page is not a recommendation to remove VLC media player 2.0.6 by VideoLAN from your computer, we are not saying that VLC media player 2.0.6 by VideoLAN is not a good application for your computer. This text only contains detailed instructions on how to remove VLC media player 2.0.6 in case you want to. Here you can find registry and disk entries that Advanced Uninstaller PRO stumbled upon and classified as "leftovers" on other users' PCs.
Last update on: 2016-06-19 03:38:55.947