VLC media player 2.0.5
You can find below detailed information on how to remove VLC media player 2.0.5 for Windows. It is developed by A guide to uninstall VLC media player 2.0.5 from your systemVideoLAN
. More information about VideoLAN can be read here
. More data about the software VLC media player 2.0.5 can be found at http://www.videolan.org/
. VLC media player 2.0.5 is normally installed in the C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC folder, but this location may vary a lot depending on the user's option when installing the application. The full command line for uninstalling VLC media player 2.0.5 is C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\uninstall.exe. Note that if you will type this command in Start / Run Note you may receive a notification for administrator rights. The program's main executable file is called vlc.exe and it has a size of 106.00 KB (108544 bytes).
VLC media player 2.0.5 is composed of the following executables which take 415.48 KB (425454
bytes) on disk:
- uninstall.exe (204.98 KB)
- vlc-cache-gen.exe (104.50 KB)
- vlc.exe (106.00 KB)
The current web page applies to VLC media player 2.0.5 version 2.0.5
After the uninstall process, the application leaves some files behind on the computer. Part_A few of these are listed below.You will find in the Windows Registry that the following data will not be removed; remove them one by one using regedit.exe:
Supplementary values that are not cleaned:
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\VLC media player
- HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\MuiCache\C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\vlc.exe.ApplicationCompany
- HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\MuiCache\C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\vlc.exe.FriendlyAppName
VLC media player 2.0.5 is a program by VideoLAN. Sometimes, people try to erase this program. This can be easier said than done because performing this by hand requires some advanced knowledge regarding PCs. The best SIMPLE manner to erase VLC media player 2.0.5 is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Here is how to do this: A way to erase VLC media player 2.0.5 from your PC using Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO on your Windows PC, install it. This is a good step because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very potent uninstaller and all around tool to take care of your Windows PC.DOWNLOAD NOW
- navigate to http://www.advanceduninstaller.com/download/
- download the setup by clicking on the DOWNLOAD button
- set up Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Start Advanced Uninstaller PRO. It's recommended to take your time to get familiar with the program's design and number of features available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very good package of utilities.
3. Press the General Tools button
4. Activate the Uninstall Programs button
5. All the programs existing on the PC will appear
6. Scroll the list of programs until you find VLC media player 2.0.5 or simply activate the Search field and type in "VLC media player 2.0.5". If it exists on your system the VLC media player 2.0.5 program will be found automatically. Notice that when you select VLC media player 2.0.5 in the list , the following information regarding the application is available to you:
- Safety rating (in the lower left corner). This explains the opinion other people have regarding VLC media player 2.0.5, ranging from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Reviews by other people - Press the Read reviews button.
- Technical information regarding the program you want to remove, by clicking on the Properties button.
For instance you can see that for VLC media player 2.0.5:
- The web site of the program is: http://www.videolan.org/
- The uninstall string is: C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\uninstall.exe
7. Press the Uninstall button. A confirmation page will show up. accept the removal by clicking the Uninstall button. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will uninstall VLC media player 2.0.5.
8. After uninstalling VLC media player 2.0.5, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will ask you to run an additional cleanup. Click Next to proceed with the cleanup. All the items of VLC media player 2.0.5 which have been left behind will be detected and you will be able to delete them. By removing VLC media player 2.0.5 with Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you can be sure that no Windows registry items, files or folders are left behind on your disk.
Your Windows PC will remain clean, speedy and ready to serve you properly.DOWNLOAD NOW
Geographical user distribution
This page is not a piece of advice to uninstall VLC media player 2.0.5 by VideoLAN from your computer, we are not saying that VLC media player 2.0.5 by VideoLAN is not a good application for your computer. This text simply contains detailed info on how to uninstall VLC media player 2.0.5 in case you decide this is what you want to do. Here you can find registry and disk entries that other software left behind and Advanced Uninstaller PRO stumbled upon and classified as "leftovers" on other users' computers.
Last update on: 2016-06-18 21:17:39.973